Status
Not open for further replies.

milkykou

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not sure if this is the right forum or not feel free to point me in the right direction. I am trying to figure out the best way to set this up for my game. I am wanting to have with the battle system to have a system similar to the more recent fire emblem game fire emblem awakening, with having a tactics based battle field with the terrain to be picked from a small list of terrains built depending on the area the battle happens. (aka if in a forrest pick from the forrest maps made, or in a town the town maps will be picked from) If that part with the random map made is not possible it is fine.

The second part im wanting is to be able to have it switch between using that as the well battle and to be able to walk around and explore areas like forests and what not freely. Think of the game record of agarest war (not 3d environments but similer) how would i be able to go about setting that up properly?

Im also looking for in the battle system something where 2 units together are stronger than by themselves but not have the love relationship status like in fire emblem. 

The last thing im looking to incorperate is a blacksmith option that affects a specific characters weapon with upgrades, how can i set this up?

Thank you in advance.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you asking for input on how such a system would work, or are you asking for a plugin that will provide such a system? If you don't know any scripting, it's not likely that you could set it up yourself, even with advice.

You also need to explain what the battle system entails, making the safe assumption that a lot of people have not played it and have no idea what it's all about.

milkykou

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well im asking more so what battle system if there is one that exists that would work, the tactical type battle system, where you select 1 unit at a time and fight other enemy units on a grid. 

I do not know any scripting so programming this is beyond my knowledge. As for the fire emblem feature i mean, when 2 friendly units are next to each other on the grid, one unit will provide specific stat buffs, like +10 hit% or a +5 evasion depending on the units during attacks and defense. This part is not needed but would be a nice feature to have added in, this can also affect enemy units too. 

As for the blacksmith system, Im wanting the blacksmith to be limited to just 1 characters weapon to upgrade, where as you upgrade the weapon it does gain the new properties you put on it and change its attacks, Im curious on how to implament this either by events set up or if theres some kind of plugin with this already. 

To clarify this can either be fore vx ace or the new MV released as I have both but MV has few plugins at the moment. 

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That is still not enough detail to answer your questions fully.

However, this forum is for discussing general principles of game making which could apply to several games. It is not a "what script do I need to do xyz?" forum. For that you need to post in the appropriate Support forum.

I cannot move this as you have said it could be for either Ace or MV. You will need to decide which it is. For Ace there is a tactical battle system which may, or may not, meet your requirements. Search for that term and you should find it mentioned in a lot of posts. As far as I am aware nothing as complex as this has been written yet for MV. Such a plugin would require many months' work.

As this is the wrong forum, and it's not clear where it should be moved to, I am closing it.

Just thiught - as the name of the guy who wrote the battlensystem begins with a G (I don't remember exactly what itis) you might find it if you search these forums for GTBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:
I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.
Went to get a haircut today, and the lady cut my hair too short... Well I suppose with the pandemic I'm not going out a lot, but it still feels a bit uncomfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schpsu5261