Battle Time script

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, I'm looking for a relatively easy script with which Google and the forums have been surprisingly unhelpful (either that or wording it properly on the search is really difficult).

I want a simple timer at the start of the play's turn in battle. Once the timer runs out, any characters that the player hasn't already ordered get skipped. I want a standard time of 45 seconds in all battles, with perhaps an added option of toning it down to 30 seconds for boss battles.

The script is meant for my free-to-play game: Broken Reality, which I'm putting on Steam in a few months. Obviously credits will be given properly.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Unless you are a scripter, do not assume that it will be an easy script. Anything that modifies battles that heavily is unlikely to be a 5 minute job.

Just for clarity's sake, this 45 seconds - is that per character or per entire turn? It reads as if it is for the entire turn, but then you say 30 seconds for a boss battle, which would allow almost no time for selecting any sort of complex strategy, or scrolling through anything other than a minimalist skill list, which for a boss sounds unlikely.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Unless you are a scripter, do not assume that it will be an easy script. Anything that modifies battles that heavily is unlikely to be a 5 minute job.

Just for clarity's sake, this 45 seconds - is that per character or per entire turn? It reads as if it is for the entire turn, but then you say 30 seconds for a boss battle, which would allow almost no time for selecting any sort of complex strategy, or scrolling through anything other than a minimalist skill list, which for a boss sounds unlikely.
per entire turn

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

my game has loads of limitations thanks to Yanfly's skill restriction script already, so there are like 2-3 skills to choose from per character at a time. I believe it would be viable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Would Jump into Javascript be best off continuing to break down the MV core files, or would people prefer a quick detour to cover everything that's changed in the core from MV to MZ?
Not going to lie... PIXI Particles make fantastic graphics... But predicting the hitbox of something with a "fixed size" but whose graphics can stick out past that, is quite challenging. :kaoswt:
Would you like a glass of spiders?
Besides my Might and Magic inspired project, I have always wanted to make a Fire Emblem-like game. Time is the culprit... Between life, composing music packs, and working on a game can it be done!? The tactical plugins for MV work quite well based on what I have tested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz