aaronjmcd2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi,

I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to trigger an event after the hero has a victory.  I'm not using in-map enemy sprites.  

The event can be triggered for any victory in a particular dungeon or for any victory over a particular troop--thus it'll be triggered repeatedly in either case.  I hope what I'm trying to do is clear enough.  Thanks for the help. 

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't checked this for MV, but it should work the same as it did on Ace:

Make a common event "after Battle" and set it to parallel process, triggered on a switch that isn't used anywhere else.

In the common event, make whatever changes you want, and as the last command controll off the switch of the event (so that it runs only once)

Then in every battle that you want to trigger this event, make a control switch ON on the first turn.

Parallel processes don't run during battlescreen, so it will only be processed after the battle.

You'll have to check for escapes however

aaronjmcd2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, that's really simple and helpful.  The only problem is that if the player escapes during battle, it triggers the event also.  I'm not against turning escapes off for these troops, I would just like to know if there's a way around having to do that.

mrcopra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
N/A
you can make variables with wining count

then make event with conditional Branch and check if variable get more points the it will triggers the event you want

aaronjmcd2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, I'm seeing ways of adding to a variable when a single enemy dies.  But I'm not finding it for when an entire troop is defeated, which I think is what I really need.  Maybe I'm just not seeing it. 

mrcopra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
N/A
variables = $gameSystem.winCount()

aaronjmcd2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
variables = $gameSystem.winCount()
I appreciate the assistance, but I have no idea what this means.  I was hoping to accomplish this without code, if possible.

aaronjmcd2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Then in every battle that you want to trigger this event, make a control switch ON on the first turn.
I'm confused as to why instead of setting the condition to first turn, as Andar suggested, that the condition doesn't work when I set the enemy HP to be at 0% to activate the switch. 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
aaronjmcd2, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to reply to several people and quote them, use the MultiQuote button instead of quoting each one individually.

When enemy HP reaches 0, the battle is over, and no more troop events are run. So when the last enemy dies the battle ends and you return to the map before your troop event page is run. By setting it at the start of battle, you avoid that issue. If you win, the switch is on. If you lose, it's game over and you have to load an earlier save file. The only issue is if you try to escape mid-battle and succeed, the switch will also be on.

This might be of use to you ...

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/49437-battle-result-switches/

mrcopra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I appreciate the assistance, but I have no idea what this means.  I was hoping to accomplish this without code, if possible.
you need switch and common event

like this

Untitled5.jpg

Untitled6.jpg

aaronjmcd2

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
you need switch and common event

like this
I can't say I understood it, but I copied it all piece by piece and it totally worked.  Thank you!  The only thing I had to add was an escape from the loop it created.  But that was easy.  Thanks again.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Have you ever had the problem of not knowing how to name your game?
I tried to draw it to keep the aspect ratio of 48*48
It doesn't look good, but I'm not sure if there are other ways to render larger characters. and then maintain the sharpness or not
SF_Enemy1_6 added!
index.php

Just thought I'd share how my battlers are looking for my 4 main characters. From left to right... Ashlyn the brave fighter, Lizzabelle the peaceful mage, Suki the thief, Saedra the not-so-peaceful mage.

pLZHVLI.png
Power to the Game Make!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmectaMyLife