Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Battle Windows Customization 
by Karberus
 ​
Versions:

Current Version: 1.0

v1.0        2 Nov 2015 -  Initial Release.
Introduction:

This plugin will allow you to customize nearly everything about the battle windows however you like.

Features:

• Set X and Y position of each window.
  • Set Width and Height of each window.
  • Set Opacity of each window.
  • Set Font Size of text in each window.
  • You can choose which windows to change and others are unaffected.

Screenshot:

Download:

Get Plugin and more info on how to use it BattleWindowsCustomization

Dependencies:

None

Known Bugs:
May have problems with other plugins that change battle windows

Credit/Terms of use:
Credit me if you wish; May be used however you wish; commercial or non-commercial.

Author's Notes

I made this to make it a bit easier for others to customize their battle windows. If there is anything else you would like to be able to change in them, let me know and I'll see if I can figure out how to add it.

SweetieAshe

RM2k3 Old Guard
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I was playing around with your plugin a little... and I actually found out that if you put this ABOVE Yanfly's Battle Engine Core in the plugin list, it actually plays pretty well with it. The only lingering issue is that the default enemy targeting window is still there ALONG with the name-over-enemy that Yanfly does. So it works pretty well besides that!

Excellent plugin! :)

Karberus

The other Victor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Ahhh I see, I wonder if there is any way to fix that...

Anyways, I'm glad you like the plugin :)

KawaiiKid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there any way that this could be edited in the future to allow custom images as windows?

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I actually had a complaint to Yanfly about it on his blog site.. not sure if he paid attention, but when i was altering the enemy list window bare bones in the scenes script, i could not tell the darn box to stay, the game would freeze up BECAUSE of his battlecore.

ChristianRJ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Fantastic! Thank you!

Some suggestions to enhance the plugin:

• Ability to hide some of the bars
  • Ability to hide some of the texts (HP, MP)
  • Ability to hide or show the "max" part of HP and MP (for example: HP: 100/100 - MP: 50 or HP: 100 - MP: 50/50 or HP: 100 - MP: 50)
  • Ability to set the size of the status icons and auto resize them in battle status window
  • Ability to add a small portrait (and set the size) of the actors next of their name

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Awesome!, is there a way to change the Font as well?

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Changing the text size of the status window where the names are seems to make the text sometimes appear smaller and sometimes larger

Kilgore Trout

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Would it be possible to set it up so that the battles display in a smaller window with the map still visible underneath? That would be super great...

For example, Dragon Quest 1:

Ichida za Zeal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Would it be possible to set it up so that the battles display in a smaller window with the map still visible underneath? That would be super great...

For example, Dragon Quest 1:

If you get creative with battleback images it's definitely possible. I have a blank transparent graphic as my battleback which shows the map underneath, so it would be a simple matter to program a small frame within it for this type of battle screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

clark

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
@sweetieash - its actually the yanfly plugin doing that, change the enemy help window to false

Radis3D

Just a Devilz
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I was playing around with your plugin a little... and I actually found out that if you put this ABOVE Yanfly's Battle Engine Core in the plugin list, it actually plays pretty well with it. The only lingering issue is that the default enemy targeting window is still there ALONG with the name-over-enemy that Yanfly does. So it works pretty well besides that!

Excellent plugin! :)

How about the icon? 

Is it work well? 

(state icons) 

Reaction score
First Language
English
Will this plugin allow me to have the actors' level show in battle, like in Dragon Quest?

Blair Pendragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Would it be possible to set it up so that the battles display in a smaller window with the map still visible underneath?
This is already in the game by default.
The only issue was the text placement etc.

When you pick the maps default battle background, make the bottom layer (none) and the top layer the actual image you want, but make the surrounding pixels transparent, and there ya go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

finally, the B-tile is added to the forum and steam!
I hope my annual #DoItForHargon contest gets lots of entries this year (since a Playstation 5 is a pretty big prize lol) XD On further news - I'm back to game devving next week after hiatus cause of that tragedy of losing everything I own.
Rome Trastevere deserve a tileset. Mumble mumble...
Before the full time job, I can make 1 MZ plugin per day, even though it's still hard; With the full time job, making 1 such plugin per week becomes just as hard lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adafon