Battler Portraits

Leinkreig

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there! I'm here to ask for help again.

So, jumping straight to the point:
I'm trying to differentiate my battles' appearance from that of others in VXAce, so I've edited Yanfly's Battle Engine and Sykval's gauges so they work well together, only.. it doesn't look right with just the regular faces.

That gave me an idea: why not use the battler portraits instead, then? As there will be only two battle members throughout the game, the initial battle status per actor is bigger, so it should fit perfectly if done right.

Only.. I'm not completely sure how I'd go about doing so.

I figured I'd just remove the draw_actor_face and replace it with a bitmap image of the portrait for the battler (or use def draw_actor_face and have it load a bitmap image instead) or something of the sort, though I'm not completely sure.

Anyone mind helping me out here?

It'd be much appreciated!

Mihel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I don't know exactly how you want actors battle faces to be, but try looking at draw_face (line 1842) instead of draw_actor_face.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
try out the method you thought of first, then post here if you encounter problems... :)

Leinkreig

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the replies!

I'm not at my laptop at the moment so I can't test 'em out just yet, but I'll definitely do so when I can (and edit this to let you know!).

@adiktuzmiko - I tried, though I wasn't sure how to go about it as I couldn't find the way to create the bitmap image I wanted to (never mind for it to be per character!), but I'll take another look once the opportunity opens up to me.

Again, thanks for the replies.

Mihel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Try modifing bitmap = Cache.face(face_name), and instead of face_name you can either put the id or the name of the actor, and name your pictures accordingly. You'd have to modify the coordinates of the rect though, because they are based on the index of the face graphic.

Leinkreig

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try modifing bitmap = Cache.face(face_name), and instead of face_name you can either put the id or the name of the actor, and name your pictures accordingly. You'd have to modify the coordinates of the rect though, because they are based on the index of the face graphic.
This is pretty ironic.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you till now - I've been preoccupied with things! But yeah, I've literally just thought of trying out something similar to that just now - implementing it as we speak. Just having some problem regarding the rect and having the face be different per actor. (I tried Cache.picture(actor.name) but it didn't work, so I'll try and figure it out.)

In any case, thanks a lot for the reply!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally did a test of sorts for the opening of my game... ... including this shot here.
My current status!?
It might be... QUAKE!!! :o
At least that was true several hours ago. :p
Quexp wrote on Shaz's profile.
I absolutely love your profile/pic! :kaoluv:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hnhat