Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am doing a custom Battle transition (Battlestart in Graphics/System) and have been hunting around for how to make the transition from map to battle scene less abrupt.  I can't find how to extend the time and make the battlestart graphic fade out more.  At the moment there appears to be little to no fading.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Leon Kennedy

Restaff Novice
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
maybe different than what you are looking for but i dug this up

Reactions: Kes

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Graphics.transition in Scene_Map at line 255 should be the answer. The default transition speed is 60 frames (the first argument). Increasing that should increase the transition speed.

Reactions: Kes

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks guys, really appreciate the help.

Closing

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on
Doing RPG Maker News for this week. (January 14th - 20th, 2022)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lumiki