RMMV ♦ Battlesystem : Make both player and enemy attack at the same time ? Need your help -> detailed description added

Wyzou

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello During battles after skill selection, I want to desable the system based on speed stat, and make both player and enemy attack at the same time (like a clash of sword in a duel) with a new skill rules to determine who win each clash.
-> I need help to find/create a plugin to make it possible ! Thank you in advance to any one who may be able to guide me ! [Edited - Full description below]

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think there is any existing plugin like that, because all battleengines I know of keep the skill as a single instance for compatibility reasons.

a skill comparison as a basis for a battlesystem would need a new plugin - and for that you'll need to give a better and more detailed description so that the plugin can be programmed.

Wyzou

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the game i try to create, there is no other party member, only a main character. For the beginning (and for a simple battle system) each combat engage the player against a single enemy only -> 1 vs 1

The battle system :
The idea is a "rock paper scissors" system : creat a skill-type for each, with this rules :
• a rock skill-type win against a scissors skill-type
• a paper skill-type win against a rock skill-type
• a scisors skill-type win against a paper skill-type
• any skill-type against the same skill-type : both win but lose 50% of effectiveness

The concept for each battles :
• when a battle start, each turn the player can select 3 skills. (all enemys use 3 skills each turn too)
• then, in the precess both player and enemy skills are compared like this :
skill1 vs skill1, skill2 vs skill2, skill3 vs skill3.
• the rock paper scissors system is used here
• the animation play the 3 confrontation, and after the next turn begin.

note :
•Each kind of enemy have a % for each category of skill-type it use
(for exemple : Slime = 10% of rock skill-type, 60% of paper skill-type, 30% of scissors skill-type)
•Here, the "speed" stat not exist, the gameplay is axed around skills selection each turn and RNG/observation to fight enemys.

Exemple of battle :
-> Turn 1 :
• player select : skill 1 : "magic missile" (paper type) / skill 2 : "kick" (rock type) / skill 3 : "magic shot" (paper type)
• Enemy selection : skill 1 : "strike" (rock type) / skill 2 : "strike" (rock type) / skill 3 : "slash" (scisors type)
-> Result :
player skill 1 > enemy skill 1 -> the player "win" : his skill work and the enemy skill is canceled
player skill 2 = enemy skill 2 -> equal score : both skills work but with -50% of effectiveness
player skill 3 < enemy skill 3 -> the enemy "win" : it skill work and the player skill is canceled
-> Visually, each 3 skills animation follows quickly.

Thank you in advance to any one who may be able to help me to programme a plugin for this battlesystem :kaojoy:

Last edited:

Wyzou

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think there is any existing plugin like that, because all battleengines I know of keep the skill as a single instance for compatibility reasons.

a skill comparison as a basis for a battlesystem would need a new plugin - and for that you'll need to give a better and more detailed description so that the plugin can be programmed.
Thanks for your answer Andar ! I understand about the single instance system and the utility of a new plugin, not just a simple script. I followed your advice and tried to give a better and more detailed description (I've already written a first post about a part of my battle system idea few days ago, i'm sorry to write mutliple post in a short time)

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think this would be more achievable by using events rather than pretty drastically rewriting the battle system.

If you do a Google for it, you can find a number of threads on how to use events and plugins to get rock/paper/scissors mini-games, you should be able to use that to learn from or modify them to start doing what you want.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Switch actor positions during battle
Download
01010.PNG
SF_People3_1 added!
index.php

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.
Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EemeLamsi