BATTLETARGETING LIKE SD SNATCHER

Ellisvox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Hi passionate RPGamers,

I'm well on my way to designing a shooting / adventuregame in the style of SD SNATCHER. I cant find the battle engine needed to mimic what they did in that game.

In that game there was ONE enemy or boss and you could hit the enemy in different places for different damage ( on the legs for speed damage, on the antenna for communication damage,  on the weapons for attack damage and on the body for shield and defence damage. This made battling awesome.

I'm really not good at making .JS plugins but i am hoping you are willing to help me. This will make battling in my game a whole lot better.

Who can help me make a BATTLE PLUGIN for RMMV like that?

xx Love, Lisette

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No need for a plugin here - just make the boss consist of several enemies with partial images as battlers, and place them on the battlescreen in a way that they look to the player as a single enemy.

Then have troop events conditioned on their health and effects and cause different states to all enemies that are part of the boss as a result of what enemies were hit.

Ellisvox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
No need for a plugin here - just make the boss consist of several enemies with partial images as battlers, and place them on the battlescreen in a way that they look to the player as a single enemy.

Then have troop events conditioned on their health and effects and cause different states to all enemies that are part of the boss as a result of what enemies were hit.

If it were only ONE enemy i would totally do this. But my aim is for every enemy to have this system, thus building every enemy (and believe me i have a few) out of every battler would be a hell of a job. That's why i was hoping for another solution.

Plus i want the enemy to dodge / move on screen, which would require me to move all battlers at once....

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
your first restriction does not count - you would have to specify different areas (which is basically parting the enemies) for every enemy in both cases, unless you're limiting yourself to a simple target option without effects beyond skill changes.

As for the second - if requesting a plugin you'll need to exactly specifiy everything you want it to do, no plugin writes can read your mind.

So I suggest you make a complete list of what you want the plugin to do, and do that by description (not comparing "like <unknown obscure game XY>" that the plugin writer never heard of or played before (because there are plugin writers here on the forum that already stated never to play any game, because their idea of fun is writing scripts/plugins).

I've moved this thread to Plugin Request. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

But as said, please improve your description - and be prepared to wait unless you're lucky, because battleplugins are difficult to write (we're talking months in some cases)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I been rather busy lately with non RM projects so, it will take some time for me to release something.
Hmmmm, nice site UI change.
Swapped back to my original meds, but the flippity floppity has me reeling. T ^T I have game making and song collabs to do, hurry up, health. lol
It took me 6 retries to get the color of Yoshi I wanted. 30 mins of recording. 30 mins of voice work. Probably another 20 mins of waiting in between takes. But finally I got him...
I bought a 2 week emergency food supply. And people are already making fun of me :( I'll be fed for a bit while they go hungry when food supplies get cut(for whatever reason).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carugatti