Yuuta Kirishima

Software Engineer/Professional Mayonnaise Player
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you guys think about a Bazaar system instead of like regular shops.

A bazaar system in which players sell items to the vendor and all players can buy the items, like a multiplayer marketplace. This can be achieved with moderate difficulty, in fact I'm writing such a system using the GameJolt api in VX ACE. Is this something you would enjoy in a game?

Update: I finished the code and I can say it seems like a nice addition to my game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Who would the other players be?

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, that makes it a lot clearer.

Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
Personally, I've never liked interacting with people in video games.  A few jerks can ruin it for everyone.  In the case of a bazaar, this can mean someone selling the Ultimaxcalibur for 1g or a Rusty Rat Hunting Sword for 10,000g.  Putting limitations on jerks can make the games feel strained.  Like if you can only equip the Ultimaxcalibur with a character at lvl100, there's no point in trying to get the sword early.  Even if the jerks and jerk-rules don't mess everything up, players always seem to form these weird little societies for themselves that take a lot of time investment to learn and enter into, which has never appealed to me.  That's why I like good ol' fashion console-style video games to begin with.  

But, I could imagine a world where MMO bazaars could be interesting, and obviously there are a lot of people who are okay with MMO games, so feel free to relegate this to a crabby old man opinion.  See, back in my day, if we wanted to hook up with other players, we had to use a link cable, and this was done face to face mind you, so if they tried to cheat ya, you could give 'em what for, right on the spot.  And we'd do it in 10 feet of snow, because global warming hadn't kicked in yet.  

Yuuta Kirishima

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AcetheSuperVillain I really like this reply! I thought about the cheating factor and decided to give every item a set price that it's worth. I got the idea from an old mmo I used to play Wizard101/ So the Ultimaxcalibur is worth 50,000 gold so when you sell it you get 3/4 of the price back immediately, so you would receive 37,500 back, this limit's the cheating. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Yuuta Kirishima Please do not quote whole posts to indicate who you are replying to .  This makes loading the page slow as well as scrolling down especially for those who are accessing this on their phones .  If you want to make it clear who you are answering use the @username convention as I have done with this post .

thanks 

Yuuta Kirishima

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Duly noted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D
2nd character based on the same random inputs
the coffee shop i go to for open mic every friday only has 2 more open mics left and then they're done :'( i'm gonna die!
Everytime someone says Intel "kabylake" I hear either baby lake or ladycake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Commander