Be prepared for the 15th, when everyone else gets to join.

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Reynard Frost, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Hesufo

Hesufo Homu! Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    I'm really excited, as well. it's this early, and yet the community already feels pretty sizeable; I just hope it keeps growing and stay active over the years. :)

2. Des

Des timefantasy.net Veteran

First Language:
    American
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    man i don't like this attitude that people who bought the program early are really any different than everybody else. we're all on the same team

3. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    But we have to make sure everything is prepared before... ze germans... get here.

4. GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Maybe we could get special ranks or member titles, so we know who pre-ordered in the future? :)

5. Fomar0153

Fomar0153 All wrapped up for winter. Restaff

First Language:
    English
    We get the early ace badges. But in all seriousness surely more members should mean more people contributing and hopefully more shared resources?

6. WizzyT

WizzyT Slayer of Fades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is spot on.

@GeneralCraezy we get Early Ace badge :D .

7. AstoXx

AstoXx Subconscious Punmaster Member

First Language:
    Logic
    Whatever you do, DON'T mention the war... I did once, but I think I got away with it...

Uhh... don't we have that already? Right under our pic?

EDIT: Ugh, beaten to it while I was posting...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2012
  8. GeneralCraezy

GeneralCraezy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Umm... I uhh... knew that XP I was just uhh... testing you :mellow:

9. EvilEagles

EvilEagles Stargazer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Personally I'd love to see the forums open to everybody as soon as possible. I know a lot of people out there who aren't interested in the program enough to purchase it at least for now, but they're capable to produce fantastic resources that apparently would be a huge contribution to the community, and willing to do so at the same time.

And I disagree with some people's attitude too. Having a kickass green banner under your avatar does indeed make you look cool and all, but it does not automatically grant you superiority over other members. Being able to purchase the program sooner than some others does not make you smarter than them. So please, stop with the "We VIP should get some more time to be enjoying JUST ourselves".

10. AstoXx

First Language:
    Logic
    We'll still get to be ourselves, anyway. And the way I see it, having these banners DOES make us different to those that don't...

in that because we had that little bit extra playing with Ace, we'll know more, so we need to help ‚Äčthe new guys at it. After all, we'll have more knowledge than them and it's only fair that we pass this along to those that need it. It doesn't give you any special privilege, however.

11. RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN Cardfight!! Vanguard Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm not sure how this will work. Many sites are trying to survive. However, an official site maybe what the RM community needs. In the past contact with Enterbrain hasn't been good. Now things are going in the right direction.

12. EvilEagles

EvilEagles Stargazer Veteran

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Yes friend it does make us LOOK different.

However, being able to get VX Ace before others in less than 2 weeks or even 1 month isn't really gonna make much of a difference between us and those who will eventually be joining later on I believe, considering the fact that people have all been pretty much fiddling around with the trial version with the translation patch by Esrever until now.

But anyway, it's up to the staff ;) let us all just sit down, focus on what we REALLY want to do right now (you know what I mean) and see what happens.

13. AstoXx

First Language:
    Logic
    The sites usually die because the community starts to leave and when all the mods and admins start disappearing, it's basically game over from that point. However, right here, we know the mods and admins WON'T leave because RM is basically what they do, so... That, and each new maker will bring more people in on each iteration. There is a long life in this one.

14. RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN Cardfight!! Vanguard Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Good point. Sites normally die when mods and admins vanish and randomly return to make a site closing announcement. I'm sure this forum is here to stay.

15. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like that because this is the Degica RM forum, it means when new makers are out, we don't need to go to other forums, because there'll be a new section right here.

And no, being early adopters doesn't really mean very much in the long run. It doesn't mean we're more dedicated or we're not troublemakers or that there's anything else different between us and people who come later. It just means we had the money on hand at the right time. There'll be a lot of people who will contribute a great deal, who didn't preorder because they didn't have the money or didn't feel the need to do so.

The only way the opening of the floodgates will affect me is that there are already 4 pages of new posts for me to look over after getting out of bed this morning. And there'll be the same, or more, when I get home from work this afternoon. When everyone else joins, I'm going to have to stop trying to keep up with all the new posts, 'cause there'll just be way too many.

16. AstoXx

First Language:
    Logic
    Oh, I know being an early Ace user doesn't mean any difference in the long run... I'm only on about the first few days. Until the timegap gets to be so that one day doesn't make a difference, then no, we won't be any different from other non-staff at all bar the fancy graphic.

But for a while, seeing as it's mostly big fans who pre-ordered and the fact that we've had that extra day (and a day can make a whole lot of difference, believe me) it's our duty to help people with their problems, not act all elitist.

17. GemFall

GemFall Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

...Er, actually, heh. I know a couple people over at the forums I frequent are interested in Ace, but didn't have the money on hand. Don't know if they'll sign up for the forum when it goes live though.

Either way, I'll just sip tea or wine and let the fancy graphic glimmer. :p

18. Knightmare

Knightmare Knight of the Night Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As soon as I got on the site I just knew it was going to be something special, I already like it more than VXace.net and I love that place!

Frondo and Shaz like this.
  19. Vodke

Vodke Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Personally, I don't expect a big flood of people to suddenly appear tomorrow, but I guess we'll only know when the time comes. I think that most people that join in the next days will contribute in some kind of way to the community (as someone else has stated, this forum hasn't been very publicized, and mostly fans of RMaker will know of it's opening tomorrow).

Anyways, a toast to the future of this community, all drinks on me! :D :D :D

20. Nemau

Nemau Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I'm ready to toast it with you, but it will depend to the quality of the liquid inside my glass. :mellow:

(joke! :D )