Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
2b.png
Merry Christmas!

I made a few world tile edits that I want to share with you. With these beautiful tiles you can create smooth transitions for your worldmap. (I hated those blocky brown borders...:hswt2:)

In the near future I will add some animations for rivers, waterfalls and the sea and stuff, so that they can be placed as events or doodads above the tiles.

Terms of use:
-free for commercial and non-commercial games
-credits to AcoBaco (And Kadokawa - These tiles are edits after all!)
-You need to have a RPG Maker MV Licence
-You need to have fun using the tiles!
-Feel free to repost and edit but credit AcoBaco and Kadokawa and post a link to this site

Examples:

Here we have the border between 3 "biomes" which contain different areas in themselves (The dead tree area in the mountains, the forest near the city, the green-brownish mountains in the south, the red-green mountains and more brownish-golden trees in the tundra-area in the north.) We see two different types of roads and there are rivers and lakes. For springs you can map mountains in front of rivertiles or use lakes with rivers (there are examples near the little farm village in the south).
eng_fo1.PNG

I mapped a huge mega volcano here. To get the lava-autotiles working without those brown blocky default borders you can use first the tile from beautiful_world_A5b, then use the normal dark-rocky autotile with shift pressed(!) and then you can use the normal lava autotile. So you can have smooth and curvy borders + that lava effect. There are also some bushes and stones to fill deserts with a little bit more detail and there are craters for wastelands and some more green craters for other areas.
eng_fo2.PNG

For dense forests you can use the forest underground or you just place different trees and moutnains near each other to make a smooth transition. You can show the impact of civilisation with tree stumps, mines, buildings, roads, etc
eng_fo3.PNG

I personally like it to hide roads under the snow. (And I really LOVE these tundra tiles and mixed forests!!)
eng_fo4.PNG

There is a usage guide in the package where I map a little tutorial island:
Tut8.PNG

Speedmapping Tutorial Video:

Downloadlink:

Have fun! And please show me your creations. :D

Last edited:

AcoBaco

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow I just found some beautiful world tile edits (buildings, towns, castles, mountains) from other people on the forum to mix into the worldmap of my project. :) I focused on nature tiles and edited just some basic buildings. They edited larger mountains and some special buildings and shrines. That should be a great combination! :D

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/starbird-rtp-edits.102687/ from Starbird
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/pixelmisters-rmmv-tile-resources.62367/ from Pixelmister

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well Merry LAST YEAR'S Christmas to me! Sorry--but kinda more of a sorry, not sorry, tbh because I'd never have found these nor Starbirds tiles nor Pixelmister's tiles if not for a p. specific Google search, and these are so awesome having them hit the top of the forum where people might see them isn't really the worst thing in the world--for the ONE YEAR necropost.

AcoBaco (Ace of Bacon?), ordinarily I'd tease anyone describing their own work (of any kind) as beautiful on hubris grounds, but you get out of even a slight poke because not only ARE these beautiful, you also linked me to Starbird and Pixelmister's work which might be even BETTER (it's really an apples and oranges comparison since as you said, they can be used in conjunction) which I am pretty sure I would never have found otherwise. Pixlemister's thread in particular was from way back in 2016. I very much doubt I'd have stumbled across

In summation: *HOARD HOARD HOARD HOARD HOARD HOARD* THANKS!!!!!! *DISAPPEAR*.

RetailDrone7576

Reillo9
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why cant the RTP world map tileset be anywhere close to this amazing? the seamless transitions without that ugly line in between is enough to warrant using this, thank you so much for sharing this amazing work!

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Five hours of uninterrupted fail later: holy ****ing **** these tiles are really hard to use, I give up, I will live with the blocky tiles, it's better than headdesking myself into a concussion in frustration.

RetailDrone7576: good luck!

SofiaPavlovna

Russian Mafia boss.
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
-You need to have fun using the tiles!
I not sure about that part. It's not like vanilla titles moothing. And it's take much more time if you creating whole planet.

Last edited:

AcoBaco

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well yes... They are not easy to use xD I'm sorry, but didnt find another solution for the transitions than to place them over each other... And then there is the problem of too many tiles on each other, also the waterautotiles dont really fit (autotiles in general I think...). I downloaded my own work and hm... the tutorial isn't written good enough. My german Tutorial is way better. I changed a lot of stuff meanwhile. Maybe its time to load the ressources up again and make a better english tutorial on how to use them.... ^^

EDIT: A sample project would be good, I think, so that people can just copy the tilesets out of the sample project and see some examples. I will do a new tutorial, add some edits and make a sample project. But I need some time for that.

I'm sorry for the inconveniences, but happy that you at least consider the tiles as beautiful xD

EDIT2: A video would be probably better, than a sample project and a written tutorial. I will record one probably today and then link it here.

Last edited:

AcoBaco

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Update: Now the video is online :) It's a speedmapping video with some advice how to do stuff.

iCed

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow ! A big THANK YOU !! And well done, the rendering is really cool ! :smile: Your tilesets make my maps look so smooth and rich !
Your tutorial is nice, I got it at first use.
It takes indeed a bit more time to build, but it's really worth it.
I noticed curious behaviors when adding trees or buildings on a map I had already made before (seemed like the under tiles reveal anesthetically) , so my advice is to make other maps from scratch following your short pdf or your videos, and it works great !

AcoBaco

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you :)

Yeah I'm sure it is a real pain to edit already existing worldmaps with it. I rearranged the tiles in the tilesheets so I'm sure that there are more problems than possibilites with already existing maps that are using the default world tiles.

Starting a worldmap from scratch with these tiles OR rearrange the tilesets in your own way, preserving the default arrangement of tiles and adding in some new are the only ways to use the tiles.

It is annoying that you cannot select the layers you want to edit in MV. The MZ will be capable to do that. So it will be more convenient to place cliffs, "climate borders" and other assets like houses, walls, forests and stuff. Now with MV you need to place the ground tiles first... then the roads, then the houses... and if you want to change anything about it, you need to start all over with the roads and maybe even the grounds (in case of those climate-border-tiles for example).

As far as we know by now the tiles are usable in MZ too, if you own licences for both makers of course.

Deagron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @AcoBaco !
While using your tileset, I noticed some of the cliffs didn't transitioned correctly with other ones, so I began to do a psd to see if I could modify them ^^
Then I thought "Let's share the psd if other people who would want to make the same kind of cliffs with other types of rock, recolors, or even something else like coral for undersea world !" ^^

So I put the psd here. Since I did not edited it already, and I also don't own any of the tiles here, anyone using the psd would have to credit AcoBaco for being the source of the tiles you make from theirs.

(Please note that I used Clip Studio Paint, so the psd can have issues because of CSP's inconsistance when making psd files from it)

Attachments

AcoBaco

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Deagron
Oh thats cool :). But well... You motivated me to refine the cliffs now... They looked all muddy. In the past I was too dumb to do it right and resized and formed them... Now I did them much better:

Before:

cliffs old.PNG

After:

cliffs new.PNG

They were changed in the package now.

flauros

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hi @AcoBaco,

Beautiful work :kaosalute:
But i think the mediafire link was not updated. I get the following error when i click on it:

Something appears to be missing…

The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.
Best regards

PLUEVNR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey @AcoBaco !

This is an amazing work ! really well done.
The tutorial video is great as well

Btw, same as flauros, the link seems down. Is it possible to re-upload please ?

AcoBaco

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
There were some problems :(. I uploaded the files elsewhere. Hopefully you can access the tiles now.

PLUEVNR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Works perfectly fine, I'm gonna try it ^^

AcoBaco

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Show me your Worldmaps, when you are done! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yay, now back in action Happy Christmas time, coming back!

Back in action to develop the indie game that has been long overdue... Final Fallacy. A game that keeps on giving! The development never ends as the developer thinks to be the smart cookie by coming back and beginning by saying... "Oh bother, this indie game has been long overdue..." How could one resist such? No-one c
So I was playing with filters and this looked interesting...

Versus the normal look...

Kind of gives a very different feel. :LZSexcite:
To whom ever person or persons who re-did the DS/DS+ asset packs for MV (as in, they are all 48x48, and not just x2 the pixel scale) .... THANK-YOU!!!!!!!!! XwwwwX
It's Saturday already. Last Saturday felt just like yesterday. o_o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debraames