Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not the World Map yet but just the beginning island to start with

1598549332252.png

btw, is it possible to not make it look we walk on water on the edges ?
1598549392774.png

flauros

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
@PLUEVNR
you could use region restrictions:
look at Events_and_Movement_Core_VisuStella_MZ#Region_Rulings

@AcoBaco
I am still in the process of sorting and categorizing my resources which i collected over the years ... there will be a long time until i am going to make the world map XD
Before that i plan to do a tutorial level with all mechanics i would like to have in my game.

PLUEVNR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@flauros
yeah I thought about this after lol, it's already fixed ^^

Deagron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @AcoBaco !
The tiles were good, just needed an adjustment to make each tile transition to the others which is difficult or at least precise ^^
Why taking the stairs away though ?
Thank you for your update anyway :)

Last edited:

AcoBaco

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think the stairs are not really natural. But after work I will make new ones as extra tiles. :)

Beautiful_World2 better cliffs stairs extension.png

Okay already done for now.

Last edited:

williamash

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
where i should put in it? A, B, C, D, or E?

AcoBaco

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
where i should put in it? A, B, C, D, or E?

Sorry for the really late reply. It doesn't actually matter where you put the Tiles. Only the tiles with the different grounds need to be put in A. (The small file where you have all the different ground tiles as little boxes)

woozlindemon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for the really late reply. It doesn't actually matter where you put the Tiles. Only the tiles with the different grounds need to be put in A. (The small file where you have all the different ground tiles as little boxes)
Hi there! I've been ion the lookout for a way to allow for these kinds of angles rather than the boxy squares for everything, so am delighted to find this.
However, I can't seem to figure out how to add in the new tiles from Beautiful_World_A5b into my World_A1 file. So I'm kinda stuck on those self-tiling bits. Any advice?

AcoBaco

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi there! I've been ion the lookout for a way to allow for these kinds of angles rather than the boxy squares for everything, so am delighted to find this.
However, I can't seem to figure out how to add in the new tiles from Beautiful_World_A5b into my World_A1 file. So I'm kinda stuck on those self-tiling bits. Any advice?
Hello :)

Don't add them to the A1 part of your Tileset. Add them to A5. These Tiles are no Autotiles.

BWT Help.PNG

Use the patches of different grasses, sand, snow, stones, etc in the other Files to create smooth transitions from one "biome" to another.

BWT Help2.PNG

With auotiles it wasn't possible (for me^^) to make smooth borders between all the different biomes. It would be as boxy as with the default autotiles. The Tiles in A5 are no autotiles but work on the same layer (the bottom layer).

So when you use my tileset, you need to manually create coastlines and stuff. Refer to the "Tutorial-Video" to see how I use them. Make sure to click shift while placing the A5 Tiles to not get the boxy autotile borders (at coasts for example). If you want to copy coastlines and stuff you already did, you can select the parts you want to copy while holding down the right mouse button. Then paste it with the left one - but here again: Hold shift while pasting, or else you will get those A1 autotile borders.

Glad that you like them :)

Last edited:

woozlindemon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello :)

Don't add them to the A1 part of your Tileset. Add them to A5. These Tiles are no Autotiles.

View attachment 203302

Use the patches of different grasses, sand, snow, stones, etc in the other Files to create smooth transitions from one "biome" to another.

View attachment 203303

With auotiles it wasn't possible (for me^^) to make smooth borders between all the different biomes. It would be as boxy as with the default autotiles. The Tiles in A5 are no autotiles but work on the same layer (the bottom layer).

So when you use my tileset, you need to manually create coastlines and stuff. Refer to the "Tutorial-Video" to see how I use them. Make sure to click shift while placing the A5 Tiles to not get the boxy autotile borders (at coasts for example). If you want to copy coastlines and stuff you already did, you can select the parts you want to copy while holding down the right mouse button. Then paste it with the left one - but here again: Hold shift while pasting, or else you will get those A1 autotile borders.

Glad that you like them :)

Hero! Thanks again!

AeroPergold

RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As I think to myself...What a wonderful world.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.
Finally, I have graduated from college and now I can put a lot more work into my game, after having not worked on it for the better part of a year.
post so i can change my profile picture ^^
Creating Some art for a fighter game.

Finally was able to record the rest of the game demo! I added some edits here and there, this is why it takes me so long to do stuff cuz I find a problem and have to fix it asap. x.x
Game: https://dj990j.itch.io/region-of-mythos

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleezyretro