Fasoldgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Welcome to BeetleQuest!

Beetlequest is an adventure\point & click game inspired by older games like King's Quest and Legends of Kyrandia.

It is based on a children's books and fairytales, and it's main audience would be younger players. But I personally think it would be for all ages! :)

Story
In BeetleQuest, the three beetle friends, Magnus, Boris and Dagmar are playing with their marbles, when Boris accidentially shoots his marble into a molehill!

The mole inside is very angry, and has a large bump on his head. He refuses to give back the marble, as this isn't the first time this has happened.
And only in exchange for a nice present will the mole give the marble back.

And so, their quest begins! To find a nice present for the little mole, and get back their precious marble!

Characters

Reading

One of our aims with the game is to stimulate the reading skills of younger players, if we can!

In the Netherlands, (where we are from) reading skills are generally on the decline, and therefore, we have made the game also in Dutch.

Demo

The first demo is now ready! You can find it here.

Game Jolt:

Itch.io:

Screenshots

Screen1.png

Screen2.png

Screen3.png

Last edited:

Fasoldgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
A gameplay video has been added!

Come join the 3 beetle friends on their great quest to regain their lost marble! :)

Josh_727

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Cute game. I do think something that's meant for children will do well.

Fasoldgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Thanks!

Apart from English, it is also in Dutch!

I read in a newspaper article that the reading skills of children in Holland are down across the board, and it is one of the motivations for this game, to bring more reading to young players :)

Fasoldgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Right now, we are busy building the Swamp area of the game.

Here's an image of a little troll, who build a beautiful toll bridge all by himself, only to have it broken by an angry giant who refused to pay...

Troll.png

Fasoldgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Version 0.2 of the demo is now ready!

Also, our new website is live, you can find it here: http://beetlequest.com/

And finally, we are really looking for testers, and can pay you a small fee. Please send us a message if
you are interested!

Portretbij.png

Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great to see you in the developer's seat again Fabian. I have a soft spot for the 'hand drawn feel' so dig this sort of stuff, even though it's obviously meant for kids not for old sods like me. I like the characters, especially the portraits and these flowery patterns around the frames and speech baloons. Very cute indeed!

I couldn't help and fired up the demo just to take a peek, and now I have some reflections I'd like to share with you. I should send you a PM with some feedback this weekend.

Fasoldgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
:) Always! Though my driving may not have improved much :)

Anyway, thanks very much! looking forward to it!

Fasoldgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Version 0.3 of the demo is ready!

Now with extra beetles! :)

BorisJuicht.gif

The demo has many small improvements and new animations!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritea