Deletrius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yep, I have one
Primarily Uses
Other
Since I‘m using a massive amount of the resources posted here in my game, I decided that anything made for it by me would be released in turn. Now that I’m close enough to finish a version of the game and not see them in use before I get my own out, and since it is Christmas, I decided to go ahead.

This mostly means behaviour sprites, and bits and pieces, but no specific tileset.

Currently, the files randomly don't show up, instead, I get a "xyz.png" line. If that also happens to you, a right click on the line to "reload image" solves the problem, though it is still annoying.

free for non-commercial or commercial use; feel free to adapt them as well; for the sprites, just credit IPM. I would also recommend credits for whtdragon, as the better parts of the sprites are based on the brilliant templates by him/her (even though he/she does not specifically ask for credits).

Also, to use them you need to own a copy of RPG Maker MV. The other stuff doesn’t really need or particularly deserves credits beyond a copy of MV, so use it as you like.

Multi-step behaviour sprites.

These have more frames than the usual ones, the sacrifice and pole dancer have 32 frames, for example. To use them, you can't use the inbuilt movement options (as far as I know), but have to make your own specific movement routine by turning the sprite and change the chosen sprite to get from 4 to 5, from 8 to 9 etc:

Multimovement.PNG

Sacrifice

Animation1.gif

If odd dots turn up in the corners of my gifs, those aren’t in the sprite sheets, it is just that I need them because the software that I use to cobble gifs together sucks when it comes to transparencies, which is also why the shadows under the table do not work the way they should here (that's why the newer ones have a nice green background).

Pole Dancer:

PoleDancer48.gif PoleDancer64.gif

This one was my first try, and has several problems. For once, I used battlers for most of the frames, so the original is 64 pixel high, the smaller 48 pixel one is scaled down and resharpened ... 2 of the 7 deadly sins of pixel arts at once :o . I might go back to it and try to touch it up, but then again, i might not. I included the 64 px one, though I am not sure why one would need that one.

Marimba

Marimba with speed.gif

The speed moves are in the 2nd row, so that you can always jump directly from the slow one to the corresponding fast movement.

multimovements

Musicians

I’m sure everyone at some point felt a pressing need for a full classical orchestra to use as a backdrop of little importance in his or her game. I’m not quite there yet, but the rest (front-view violists, timpanists, a flautist and a bassoonist ...) will be added soon and/or soonish. I will also add some more skin color variations whenever I have the energy to do so.

These puppies aren’t perfect by any means – I have no particular strong talents in that regard; but they should at least be adequate. If you see something really bad/annoying that I missed, just tell me and hopefully I can fix it.

UPDATE: I've got it in terms and conditions, but I will put it here as well: these sprites are heavily indebted to whtdragon, especially when it comes to facial expressions.

Violinist 2.gifViolist4.gif Cellist B 1.gif Cellist A 2.gif DoubleB 1.gif Harpist 1.gif Horn 1.gif Trombone V1.gif Trombone V2.gif Trumpet.gif Tuba 1.gif Clarinet 1.gif

musicians

Bits and pieces:

These are basically just simple recolors and edits of the RTP, so no credits needed.
!more flames.png

releasable tiles.png

Last edited:

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well, I'll be darned! I Love! behavior sprites! Thanks for posting these!
Code:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/behavior-sprites-and-bits-and-pieces.88926/
RPG Maker MV Behavior Sprites Woot Woot!

Halcyon Days

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*quickly jumps in the hype train*

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The amount of details you put there is amazing.
These sprites can add some more life to any RM projects. :D

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are awesome!

Deletrius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yep, I have one
Primarily Uses
Other
Ok, updated to cover sacrifices, pole dancers, darker skin tones for some musicians and the bits. That's it for now.

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sweet resources! Great work.

Deletrius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yep, I have one
Primarily Uses
Other
I kind of ran out of things to copy fire over, so I might as well put them here. Since its basically copy paste and recolors, this goes into bits and pieces, no credits needed.

Fire 1.gif Fire 3.gif Fire 5.gif Fire 6.gif

Last edited:

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No dumpster fire? ;)

Deletrius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yep, I have one
Primarily Uses
Other
Ok, marimba girl is done.

Any ideas to make the speed movements better ... are frankly needed. Again, expressions are directly from whtdragon.

No dumpster fire? ;)
DONE.
Didn't think of the SF RTP .... so also, oil drums.

Attachments

Last edited:

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those are all awesome, good job!

Owltears

Working on Honey Moon, about 20% done
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Holy Moley dude these are awesome! I was NOT expecting the sacrifice!:kaoback: It honestly creeped me out! I love the people with different instruments, they're so hard to find! Man you did good!

Keep up the good work!

Deletrius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yep, I have one
Primarily Uses
Other
Ok.

Front-view violists/violinists.

Violist1.gif Violist4.gif

These were tough as hell to do, and I still don't like my solution too much ... I will have to rethink making a multi-movement soloist or find a different way to do it.

But at least the number of place holders has been cut down some:

Full orchestra.JPG
To do list:

Flautist (almost ready), Timpanist (half way done), conductor, bassoonist, side-view celesta player and the poor guy in the corner who has to play tamtam, bass drum, snare drum, glockenspiel, cymbals and triangle all by himself (those I haven't started yet, the last one will be crazy.

Oh, and I fixed the sacrifice sprite. If you look closely, the gif has one frame where the blood suddenly gets brighter. I thought I had fixed that in the sprite sheet, but by doing so I somehow reanimated the girl in that frame, bright blue eyes and all :D I also changed the final frame so that there is no longer blood dripping down from the table, that way, you can let the sprite end on that frame without having blood frozen in midair.

Last edited:

Deletrius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yep, I have one
Primarily Uses
Other
Timpanist is done (for now, I considered doing sideviews as well, but I'm not sure I will do that; there will be variations at some point, though. And the flautist, who is actually my earliest musician, but i never got around to adding clothes and hair. I don't particularly like the result, but I don't hate it enough to redo them.

IMPORTANT: The timpanist uses VX Ace ressources along with MV, so you would need to have both to use it.

timp slow.gif timp fast.gif

Flautist 2.gif

I'm working on something else in the moment. Unlike many, I dislike side-view battle systems (unless they are made reaally well). Both encountering rats the size of the jolly green giant and having fights with spritesized animated battlers don't appeal to me visually.. But the default front-view battle system has a major drawback - it is difficult to ascertain which partymember does what. So I looked around for a plugin that appeals to me and found this one:
SOUL Battle Engine Lotus

UPDATE: Tabled that, since SOUL is problematic for known reasons.

Specifically, I like the option of seeing the (animated) backs of your party while they fight. Problem being that there are no battlers for that which I found, plus the fact that the battlers would have to fit to your characters ... so I'm doing these battlers now, by first making templates for the movement and and postures. These are based of 3D Figures. If there is interest for them, I will look into whether I can release them here and under which conditions (the Figure is free, the poses are the thing in question). They should at least help you cut down the effort needed to make your own battlers for this specific plugin.

I intend to make templates in the usual MV battler format (the 6*9 sprites) for several different types of fighters (unarmed combat, magician, knife-fighter, healer and crossbow/gunman, definitely, and likely more later on).

sample unarmed battler.PNG

Obviously, I would have to then add some clothes for modesty instead of hastily censuring it. If I just make them for me, it is easier to leave out clothes that might not match the stuff I use for the actual battler, though, so for now they are nudist skinheads :)

Last edited:

kaiijuu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I definitely love the sacrifice one! I was thinking of something like that and BAM HERE IT IS. Bless! The musicians and pole dancing one are pretty great too

Mesajia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love your musicians and your fireplaces. I hope, that I find a way to use them in my game :) Okay, you always need fire and maybe the queen is listening to some music :D

Deletrius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yep, I have one
Primarily Uses
Other
Still battling with my battlers ... but here is something I made when I ignored them for a while (due to high level frustration).

I needed a phone booth that could work visually in a fantasy setting, since my game has a .... slightly odd callcenter.

I picked the old swedish Rikstelefon ones and then adapted them to fantasy. I'm not sure whether I ought to release the fantasy booths because they are very specific in their use, but if any one wants the Rikstelefon, here it is:

phone boothes.png

The single doors are there so that you can parallax the Phonebox and use the doors as events, that way, your sprite should be able to step into the phone box. Probably works only with tall sprites, though .....

Credit to IPM required, otherwise, feel free to use and adapt them any way you wish.

Deletrius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yep, I have one
Primarily Uses
Other
Conductor time

Conductor.gif

The gif has a few problems that I realized there and corrected (discoloration of the clothes during conducting, grey hands in some frames etc.). I just didn't feel like remaking the sample gif.

This comes in parts - walking sprite, bowing sprite, and the actual conducting, with two types of clothes, 2 hairstyles and 2 hair colors per hair style. Also, two types of bowing motions. Again, I got a lot of this directly from whtdragon, whose templates are the best thing since the invention of the power drill. The conducting sprite itself is again a multimovement one, with a bit of a twist: there are numbers next to the sprite to keep the conductors baton moving in the right sequence. Basically, just make sure that your movement routine goes 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 1 etc.

I tried to rearrange my posts to cut down on images. hopefully, that will help with the remaining ones showing up better than before.

I packed the sprite sheets into archives and uploaded them on mega.nz. If that service is problematic, just give me a nudge in a better direction. I more or less picked one randomly.

conductor

Last edited:

Deletrius

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yep, I have one
Primarily Uses
Other
Small update but preparing for a bigger one ;)

Had three days off and spend them with a few friends of mine. Some time went into making plugins working better together since one of my friends does a bit of coding, but we also created and edited some stuff. The two main things are still pending a possible release, but for now, some small items, a simple gallow with a swinging noose:

!$Galgen.png!$Galgen2.png

the horizontal noose can be used by using the swinging animation, the vertical noose by turning animation. The bucket you can basically go nuts with, animation wise.

The second thing is the burnt down ruin of a standard rtp wooden house:

burnt house.png

All of these were made by my friend, my contribution comes later when I have finished working out the kinks (it's a water drainage wheel for mines, so it is man-powered to lift water up, instead of water falling on a wheel to power something else).

Therefore, different terms and conditions apply:

Free for non-commercial or commercial use; feel free to adapt them as well; for the sprites, just credit ƎMMi. For the burned house, please also credit CrazyCrab, whose "Ruins" mini set was used along with RTP.

Also, to use them you need to own a copy of RPG Maker MV.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Popular old italian singer be like: We will win against Coronavirus! Humanity was capable of destroying even the dinosaurs! *cry laughs*
MarioWidjaya123 wrote on kyonides's profile.

I thought they were dead, but I wanted to be certain. :kaoback:
Always kind of annoys me to see people complain about ads in their phone applications because people are too lazy to turn on airplane mode when using them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sensei89