Best Crafting plugin Closed

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Pyrathas, Jan 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This page has been edited.

Edit: So I think I found my crafting plugin with Yanfly's Item Synthesis. It says it requires a recipe for players to craft items. But it doesn't say how to separate lists or craft things outside the inventory screen.

What I mean is I have 5 types of crafting:

Requires resources but not necessarily recipes:
    Base building- ( I am thinking Tile set changer by Shaz, but player still has to craft it in order for the Tileset changer can call the map and could use quest system for players to track.)
    Blacksmiths (Armor and weapons )

Needs recipes also unlocks a menu/ sub menu option
    Alchemy (potions runes and poison, only one that might be crafted in menu as well recipes are in spellbook after being found)
    Artificer (Magic Artifacts think enchanting but different unlocks the spell in battle system and spell book)
    Necroficer (Craft NPCs and undead spell counters spells unlocked in spell book and bestiary)

Now what I want to do is isolate them. For example blacksmiths use anvils Alchemy is in a lab, and two different altars for the different magic crafting types. And base building is at player desk.

Is there a way to do this or a better Plugin?

Also how can I craft say an event to appear? Like player crafts a zombie, and on the map or a separate map a zombie appears like a villager NPC. And until the player crafts it, hes invisible. Is there a good way to call this and add a count to the undead count similar to mp? Undead spells costs mp and undead in game so I want to figure out the crafting first before I tweak the spell mechanics.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. JaeJaeCee

JaeJaeCee Emerald Phoenix Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    give me a moment- I was suggested a link earlier, which may, or may not help.

3. JaeJaeCee

JaeJaeCee Emerald Phoenix Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was suggested this earlier when I asked for a way to create potions and other items using crafting. Maybe this will help.
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/eventing-a-place-able-crafting-system.83283/

please note that this is for Eventing- hopefully this will help you, though.

4. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You could still do that with eventing.

A plugin is more useful if you want to have a crafting scene (like going into a menu and doing stuff rather than just using the text/choices system on the map). Probably more interactive for the player with a plugin.

Pyrathas likes this.
  6. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes that! I'm trying to make it as interactive and immersive as possible for a 2D game. Is there a plugin for this? I watched some videos on common crafting plugins but haven't seen anything like what I want in isolating types and blocking recipes until they are unlocked

7. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

8. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please read the main post as the replies have helped me find exactly what I'm going for.

9. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You edited your first post hours after the thread was moved. And you were looking for a plugin. So it was moved to the right place based on what you requested.

If you don't need any further help, just report your first post and say the request is filled, and the mods will lock the thread.

10. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My bad. I thought I had to keep the post since I'm not sure if I found the plugin or needed one like it.

11. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Also, don't change your thread title. People might come along later with the same question and (do the right thing and) search to see if anyone else had the same issue and what their solution was. By changing the name of your thread to Closed, it means your thread either won't come up in their search at all, or if it does, they won't know if it's really helpful to them or not.

So ... don't edit your post after people have replied, don't change the title or the post when it's resolved, and when you have what you need, report your post and ask the mods to lock it. Takes a bit of getting used to, but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly :)

12. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok reverted title thanks. Thank you for your patience

13. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Pyrathas If you want your topic closed, you have to report it for closing - the mods don't read every post or title

14. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.