Fufi_Saintz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi everybody,

I already did a couple of games with RPG Maker, so I know it quite well.
Now I am thinking about making another game based on videos, with a very simple user interface, something like "Her Story" to give you the idea.
I already have a couple of ideas about how to achieve that using RPG Maker, but it is not a game engine made for this kind of games. So, before starting working on it I want to know if someone know what could be the best game engine to do that. I don't want to make a complex game, so if possible I would like to avoid using very powerful but also complex game engines like Unity.
Is, for instance, Game Maker Solution a good options? Godot?
Any other suggestion?

Thanks in advice!

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
The purpose of RMMV and RMMZ is precisely to be able to do something simpler, without the need for advanced programming.

In your case I would recommend RMMV if you want to create distributions for different platforms, such as Windows, Web, Mobile, Linux and MacOS.

If you come to create only for Windows, RMXP or VXAce (which is better than VX).

And if it's something to be light even Rm2k3, which currently can use Plugins for radical modifications in the same way as its successors that are OpenSource.

The community itself doesn't support these other engines you mentioned, that includes indicating, as most of us have never used them.
I've used some, with any of them you'll need programming knowledge, so it would be better to make a game with pure Pure Javascript + CSS3 or some language you're already familiar with, which would make it even simpler and API-independent.

Lee Sang

Sang Hendrix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Game Maker is definitely the best option, the second is Construct 3. Those are some powerful code-less engines.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This forum is owned by Komodo (Degica), the distributors of RPG Maker. We do not allow competing engines to be discussed/suggested here.

Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

That moment when you came up with a very good game title, but when you searched it, it has already been used... T.T
Crazy week. My anxiety decides to go nutz. Worse thing about it is that it causes me to lose focus on my work. I was able to leave early one day and take a nap. Seemed to help. How is everyone? Boosters coming soon here. Get my life back on track again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AusterFan420