Praygon

Coolio Foolio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone,

So basically title, I've worked with RPG maker a lot in the past but I'm fairly new to MV and parallax mapping so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed on what plugin to get since I'm so late to the party. A quick youtube search revealed some very impressive parallax maps made using the "Orange overlay" (Which I'm leaning towards also due to being able to neatly organize Parallax layers in separate folders rather than dumping them all into one folder) & Tsukitsune's Animated Parallax Add-on plugin.

However, by the looks of it both of those were last updated in 2017 so I'm just curious before I commit to an older plugin that might not work to well if the community has any recommendations for newer ones that might be better/more stable. Usability & Compatibility are the two major elements I'm looking for as the project in question is a non-commercial small game so I don't particularly need a massively complex plugin with 100's of effects if there's a much more streamlined and simple one that can get the job done with less headache and potential crashes.

It's worth noting I'm using the up to date (as of July 2020) steam version of RPG Maker MV.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The one I always swear by is QMap. It takes some learning, but once you get the hang of it you can make some really cool looking maps.
Here are some examples of maps I made using QMap. Two are using Celianna's Ancient Dungeons tiles and one is using the RTP.
QMap_Tutorial_Image.pngRTPTestMap.pngTutFinal02.png

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for some easy parallaxing, or more features for parallax, use Ocram_Layers
which is the best out there currectly. (specially if you go free)
for commercial, it might be exspensive, but he is active and fix bugs
quickly as well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I have just restored the Pelican Town Community Center in Stardew Valley. Somehow I feel like I've completed a rite of passage as a gamer.
Just a heads-up that Slip into Ruby and Jump into Javascript might be a bit slow for now while I'm on the team porting the YEP plugins to VisuStella's MZ suite.
So I managed to build a teleport skill. You can see the progression in the development topic
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/in-dev-multi-hit-target-selection.125049/

Here's how it looks:

But the real question is, can I pull off FF8?

I love these little slime battlers. Really wish I could find more animated ones :'(
The curse of retail: you get ideas, you want to make something with those ideas, but because you're always at friggin' work you can't actually do anything with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dealdeg