Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradok

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've really become obsessed with the Pop Horror sets. They remind me of PSX graphics and I really want to throw something together using them. However, after talking to some people I've come upon a dilemma.

Right now the packs are on sale on Steam, so I was geared up to buy them. A friend that uses the set warned me not to do so, and to buy the bundle at the itch.io site. His reason was that it contained all the resources from the other packs, plus other graphics only available there.

Is there any truth to this? If so I would personally like to get as much bang for my buck as possible. Also, does the creator see more revenue when the resources are purchased on the itch.io page? Id like to support them as much as possible.

Thanks!

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Steam versions change depending on what engine you're buying it on. Whereas on the forum store and on Itch you get both the Ace and MV scaled versions. Plus the artist gets a bigger share from those places then they would on steam. And if you want to use them separately from the RM engines you get a license to use them anywhere on the Itch store.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry, I have to close this. Itch.io is a competing store, it wouldn't be right to ask Degica to support debating the merits of someone going somewhere else to buy something that can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"
making pierogi and corrupting my game files wbu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acelaces