Best platform for crowdfunding an rpg maker game?

What's the best platform for crowdfunding an rpg maker game?

• Kickstarter

• Indiegogo

• Other (please reply, I'm curious!)

Results are only viewable after voting.

sugarcr4sh

[ typing loudly ]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Omori had insanely successful funding through Kickstarter, but I know that there's been a lot of controversy over Kickstarter NFTs earlier this year that led to backlash / jumping ship from the platform. So I'm curious - what do you guys think the current best platform for crowdfunding rpg maker games is?

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!
I'm not well versed in these kinds of subjects. But, if I had to say, I believe there is no best platform for crowdfunding RPG maker games.

Because a game is a game. Either by RPG Maker or not.

I don't believe that there is a specific/best crowdfunding platform based on the game engine.
Maybe there is for a specific public, for a specific kind of game. But about that, I don't know. You will have to research.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know how well any of those work in this day and age. I honestly haven't funded a kickstarter in like 5 years between all the ones still pending delivery and/or those who never finished and probably never will.

I think you might be better off funding by making a few small games and using the return on investment to fund the bigger games. Also would build up a portfolio you can show off to others as well to prove that yes you can indeed make a game.

KawaiiKid

Local Weeb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Kickstarter. But keep in mind that badly made rpg maker games are added en masse there every day. If you really don't have something exceptional, with a great video, detailed descriptions, detailed run down of expenses, and a playable demo, I wouldn't bother.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

For those with up to 9 elements of magic; how do you structure your database. By element? Or by what is offensive vs supportive spells?
would anyone here be interested in rough concept art for the main protagonist of my game that might get changed later? :kaoswt2:
I guess I have no idea how to properly upload a custom font lmao. The menu fonts are too damn small.

Font_Size.PNG
Dev be like: "I'll make the character goes amnesia so I could explain the world and the lore better and immersive to the players"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rpgmaker_mf