Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,

When a player beats my game I want both the main character name and total played time to be placed on the title screen until someone beats the game faster. I would love this to have a leader board and this to all be done online but I believe that would require a server and website so I would be happy with "Name: Time Played" and this to all be done locally so friends could attempt to beat the game at faster times like an old arcade high score. I would prefer this not to be dependent on a save file too. I would also settle for a high score screen that toggles from the title screen and then back. Similar to a lot of classic arcade games, but I think the first option would be easier to implement but I could be wrong since I want there to be no dependency on save files after the score is added.

So my question is: What are my options to accomplish this? Is this even feasible? I am totally open to suggestions.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi!
You can do this more easily if you manage to change the title screen to a map.
Then you can use events to do this!
To make a normal map as a title screen i know this two plugins:
http://himeworks.com/2015/11/pre-title-events/ (i think this suits your goal better)
http://sumrndm.site/title-map-background/

After that you can store the played time in a variable 1.
Once the player beats the game, you put the value of this variable in another variable 2.
Then, the variable that will be show in the title screen will be 2.
I think maybe you can use a Sync data variable, for the number of the variable stays the same no matter whats save file is played.
http://himeworks.com/2015/12/sync-save-data/
You can use Huds to show the rank score... Like the Orange Huds.
Or you can do this by events himself. I'm sure there a lot of ways

Yawgmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Eliaquim Thank you for the quick reply. I may try this in a test project over the weekend. Ill set up a quick encounter that will essentially end the game and see if I can get a best time saved to the title screen. Anyone else have any more ideas or want to expand on Eliaquim's suggestions?

UPDATE: I have been down the rabbit hole and back again. I was able to get hime's pre title event plugin to work and even placed my title screen on the parallax which was useful, but I lost my title menu. I tried to use Orange Hud but failed miserably. I would love to create my own windows and menus through out my game. Any pointers would be appreciated. I did however find Galv_Custom Title a very neat plugin which will allow me to add a score board to my list of title commands and I can even add to the title menu using switches which in return means I can add the score board as soon as the game is beat. It was not exactly what I was looking for but it is functional. I would appreciate any further ideas from the community though and much thanks to everyone who has helped. I still need to test the Hime Sync plugin but it looks like it will work.

EDIT: Never mind Galv's plugin did not have the options I thought it had. Anyone know of a way to customize the title command window to display more options and add more options at a later date? It would be the simplest solution at this time.

I am now using SumRndmDde's Title Command Customizer Plugin which allows me to set a common event in the title screen command window. I can hide it using a plugin option but not sure how to make it visible after the game is finished. For the time being I will just set it to be visible.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If it gets 6 degrees hotter we've reach 100
I am finally done making the 'superbosses' in my game!
I'm happy because oh my gosh they were a lot of work, but I'm also sad because I love database work... And also because I loved making stupid powerful bosses ._.
Question for anyone who reads Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript: do I sometimes get too "explainy" with the methods/functions? Would it be more useful if I stuck to explaining what the code is doing rather than also delving into minutiae of the technical side of it?
That moment when you try to figure out a color scheme for an alien ship so that it's something other than "Grey on Grey".
It's up for viewing! See what happened when EquestriAlert got tested in 1997... or was it a test? Did somepony hack the system? Or did somepony push the wrong switch? Even Adagio Dazzle (the owner of the channel) has no clue.

Can you put the pieces together? Don't worry, the game isn't over yet! There's more pieces to add on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Badim