Leukah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!

I'm working on a mobile app that's meant to be an updated version of classic virtual pets (like tamagotchi & digimon). It's my first game ever, but I'm deeply enjoying the learning curve that comes along with it. =)
I do have some quick, but probably very basic questions that I'm having some trouble finding the answers to:

1. I've read that the best resolution for mobile is 1280x720, and I've got YEP's Core Engine installed. running, and set to that resolution. But being that the map tiles are 48x48, how should I set my map? 1280 is not equally divisible by 48 - should I round up or round down?

2. I'd like to use actor sprites greater than 48x48, but without changing the entire tileset. I can see that Yanfly has a plug-in that scales sprites, but I'm not sure if that's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm comfortable with making my own spritesheets (I don't need to scale pre-existing sprites), I just want to be able to use a bigger canvas than what seems to be allowed by the default. It's likely I'm overlooking something really obvious, but is there a way for me to easily do this?

Thank you so much for your continuing help!

-Leukah

EDIT - Sorry, I jumped the gun with question 2, haha. I was using sprites in spritesheets of the correct ratio and all, but they were showing up oddly in my development window - but once I run the actual game, they show up just fine. Sorry for having wasted your time with that one! =)

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
round up.

Also, keep your threads limited to one question. Having multiple questions in a single thread makes things confusing and hard to track, and usually they don't belong in the same forum.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
but they were showing up oddly in my development window - but once I run the actual game, they show up just fine.
In the editor, you need to be able to see and select the tiles next to a sprite if it is larger than the regular tile. Because of this the editor restricts the event display to the cell of the grid.
In the game there is no need for that.

Leukah

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shaz Duly noted, thank you. =)

@Andar Thank you for the explanation! That's useful information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babiboo