Best way to make a non-combat party member?

Thaewyn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all, this is my first post, so apologies if I say anything silly.

I'm working on building a game where the 'player' character is not a valid combat target, but I'd like to have them be able to still participate, using items and buff skills.

I did find this other thread with recommendations for how to 'mock' this behavior ( https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...er-from-formation-battle.129367/#post-1133324 ), but that would remove them from combat entirely, so that's not quite what I'm looking for.

Can anyone recommend me a plugin that might be able to support this? I'm willing to code it myself as well, I just haven't started looking into how to do that yet, and I'd rather not re-invent the wheel if I don't have to.

Thanks!

TheGameBrewery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried setting the actor or class's Target Rate (Sp-Parameter) to 0%? Try this and test if multi-target attacks still connect. From there the easiest solution would be to set their various evades extremely high.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"all enemies" attacks will ignore target rate, only skills that have to select a target randomly are reacting to target rate.

to reduce damage from all party attacks you'll have to include damage rates set to zero as well

TheGameBrewery

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Couldn't you then set evasion rate to 100% and make sure the skills are not anything but Certain Hit?

Thaewyn

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suppose that would be one way of doing it. The more I look into it tho, the more likely it seems that I'll need to write my own plugin to get the kind of behavior that I want.

Ideally the 'support' character wouldn't even have displayed health bars or a battle sprite, they would just get a unique turn every round, and very limited menu options. Also, the player would game over if all other characters beside this one were KO'd

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you thought you'd be finished with the grid, and spend ~8-9 hours on an arrow. How is this more difficult to than player movement?

Still some bugs hiding in there, but it's nearly complete.

I'm having it strictly follow the path a user draws, because there will be booby trap and other similar mechanics where you want to avoid specific cells.
I feel like banging my head against a wall every time I want to find that post that shows all the plugin header codes. Then I think "next time I find it, I'm going to bookmark it". Then I think "wait a minute ... maybe I bookmarked it last time because it took me so long to find it". Check bookmarks, and there it is :)
... a few of my main characters standing around doing nothing lol. I mostly wanted to see them together on screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baroncorrz