Best way to make an information splash screen?

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like the community's input on this one. Say I want to transmit a lot of information to the player all at once in a full screen or large popup. Maybe I want to list all of the elements with a brief description and say which ones are stronger or weaker against which others. [I've actually seen this in one of Drifty's first impression videos]

Say I have a class selection map and instead of just a standard message box, I want to throw up a display that contains a full description and a simple breakdown of their stats (Attack: Good, Defense: Average, Magic Attack: Bad ect) running down the left side. Maybe say what their special ability is and describe it as well.

What's the best way to do these kinds of things. I know I could use the Show Picture command and Photoshop up the info and throw that up there. I assume that this is RPG Maker's default way of handling this. I'm not sure if this is the best way to handle this, especially for something like class descriptions as it could get a little tedious if you have a lot of different classes. I'm sure I could script some custom menus for these kinds of things but there may be some plug in or method available that I'm simply unaware of that's specifically designed for this purpose.

So what's your recommendation? How do you do this in your game?

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using pictures does the job. It's what I use for custom menus I made and it works great. It might require some work, but at least you don't have to look around for a script or request one.

White Flare

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For a class selection screen a picture is probably the best way to go, even more so if your already using different art for different classes.
The other option is using something like yanfly's message core plugin and increasing the message rows for those text boxes. Then you would need to credit them in your project.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.
Watching Dragon Quest: Your Story on Netflix and already like 5 mins in we've passed over like 3 hours of gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enkidu