TheClassical

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin seems really good, But it reveals a little too much for my taste. is there any way to hide certain sections?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This plugin seems really good, But it reveals a little too much for my taste. is there any way to hide certain sections?
I have to ask, Are you using VX Ace? You mention plugin and your profile says RMMV.
This script is for VX Ace.
What sections did you want to remove?

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there actually a way to make the text auto-fit the width/box of the description, without using the wordwrapper? I mean, I can use |, but every time I change something font-related, I need to re-check the description texts.
I used the wordwrapper before, but it conflicts with some of my other scripts, so can't use it, sadly.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I used the wordwrapper before, but it conflicts with some of my other scripts,
The best way to show text in the bestiary screen is with the word wrap, or you manually make short lines with \n in the description.
It would be better to figure out the word wrap issue and the other scripts.
Perhaps make a new thread to ask this?

Edit - Did you try setting the option in the script - Use_Wordwrapper = false
This sets it so that it does not let the script handle control of wordwrap over to killozappit's script.

Last edited:

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, it's on false. Sadly the wordwrapper messed with my messageboxes. So I had to get it out.
I don't think I can make a separate thread, as I can't share the scrips that affect the messageboxes. It's something I paid for.

I wonder if it can work like ATS Text formatting, which works just fine with messageboxes. Wouldn't something like that work?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's something I paid for.
So it's a custom script not one I can go pay for?
If so then no one can help you as the bestiary demo without killozappit wordwrap and the setting to false works fine.
1613942721831.png

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
But you have to add linebreaks (|), no?
E.g.
Here is one of my bosses:
<description1: A scientist hell-bent on perfecting her |wicked alchemical experiments, |Eresia Sevis dedicated her entire life |to industrial progress.>

I wish it wrapped itself without the |. Change the font or the size, and I can re-edit everything all over.

No, it's a private commissioned one.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
But you have to add linebreaks
You're right, didn't realize that was what controlled it.

So all I can suggest is to comment our half of killzappit script and see if it works.
Ruby:
class Window_Base < Window
#~   include KZIsAwesome::WordWrap

#~   alias_method :initialize_kz_window_base, :initialize
#~   def initialize(x, y, width, height)
#~     initialize_kz_window_base(x, y, width, height)
#~     @wordwrap = DEFAULT_WORDWRAP
#~     @convert_newlines = DEFAULT_WHITESPACE
#~     @collapse_whitespace = DEFAULT_COLLAPSE
#~     @right_margin = DEFAULT_RIGHT_MARGIN
#~     @lastc = "\n"
#~   end

#~   alias_method :process_character_kz_window_base, :process_character
#~   def process_character(c, text, pos)
#~     c = ' ' if @convert_newlines && c == "\n"
#~     if @wordwrap && c =~ /[ \t]/
#~       c = '' if @collapse_whitespace && @lastc =~ /[\s\n\f]/
#~       if pos[:x] + get_next_word_size(c, text) > contents.width - @right_margin
#~         process_new_line(text, pos)
#~       else
#~         process_normal_character(c, pos)
#~       end
#~       @lastc = c
#~     else
#~       @lastc = c
#~       process_character_kz_window_base(c, text, pos)
#~     end
#~   end

def get_next_word_size(c, text)
    # Split text by the next space/line/page and grab the first split
    nextword = text.split(/[\s\n\f]/, 2)[0]
    if nextword
      icons = 0
      if nextword =~ /\e/i
        # Get rid of color codes and YEA Message system outline colors
        nextword = nextword.split(/\e[oOcC]+\[\d*\]/).join
        # Get rid of message timing control codes
        nextword = nextword.split(/\e[\.\|\^<>!]/).join
        # Split text by the first non-icon escape code
        # (the hH is for compatibility with the Icon Hues script)
        nextword = nextword.split(/\e[^iIhH]+/, 2)[0]
        # Erase and count icons in remaining text
        nextword.gsub!(/\e[iIhH]+\[[\d,]*\]/) do
          icons += 1
          ''
        end if nextword
      end
      wordsize = (nextword ? text_size(c + nextword).width : text_size( c ).width)
      wordsize += icons * 24
    else
      wordsize = text_size( c ).width
    end
    return wordsize
  end

alias_method :process_escape_character_kz_window_base, :process_escape_character
  def process_escape_character(code, text, pos)
#~    case code.upcase
#~    when 'WW'
#~      @wordwrap = true
#~    when 'NW'
#~      @wordwrap = false
#~    when 'WS'
#~      @convert_newlines = true
#~    when 'NL'
#~      @convert_newlines = false
#~    when 'CS'
#~      @collapse_whitespace = true
#~    when 'PRE'
#~      @collapse_whitespace = false
#~    when 'BR'
#~      process_new_line(text, pos)
#~      @lastc = "\n"
#~    when 'RM'
#~      @right_margin = obtain_escape_param(text)
#~    else
      process_escape_character_kz_window_base(code, text, pos)
#~    end
    # Recalculate the next word size and insert line breaks
    # (Needed primarily for font changes)
    if pos[:x] + get_next_word_size('', text) > contents.width
      process_new_line(text, pos)
    end
  end

end

Arkhanis

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
portuguse
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there!

Venka, I’m really grateful for this amazing script, it’s exactly what I needed for my game, hope everything is alight there, and want you to know that your work is still really useful, and very much appreciated till today.

Well, that’s my first time writing in a RPG Maker forum, as I like to solve my problems by myself, but this time I can’t find out how to do what I need… so, here’s my question:

How can I retrieve the percentage of completion from a monster’s category?

Example of what I’m trying to achieve: Let’s say that I have a chest, and want it to open only when the category “Forest of madness” is at 100% of defeated enemies count.

I found that using “$game_party.bestiary.size” give me the total number of different monsters encountered, I can use this in a script call to make a chest open based on the number of enemies found, but that don’t means it was killed, or is from a specific category, and I just want to know what I said above, can anyone help me with that? Thanks in advance for any clue on how to do this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, i have a workaround for this, its not perfect, as it uses a lot of switches, and for games like the one that i use this script, with hundreds and hundreds of switches, it can compromise the performance of the game depending on the device, but aniways, i just turn a switch on for each enemy, and make sure those switches represents each enemy of a said category, then i make a conditional branch check to know if they where defeated, that works like a percentage of the category, and if you like me uses a lot of single battle enemies, i recommend using the Hime script End phase triggers for activate the switch after killing the enemy. Thats all, but still, if somenone knows how to do the script call to get the info needed for this event, im can make a good use of it. Bye for now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Evey time i start a battle1625966871711.png in a play test this shows up. I does not appear when im doing a battle test.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Every time I start a battle
You have a script incompatibility.
Not all scripts are loaded for the test battle so it would highly suggest that something else you have is causing the issue.

Make a backup of you scripts file or the data folder.
Start removing scripts one at a time, or several if you have lots and see which one causes the issue. Once you have that make a new thread for support for the issue.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not all scripts are loaded for the test battle so it would highly suggest that something else you have is causing the issue.

Start removing scripts one at a time, or several if you have lots and see which one causes the issue. Once you have that make a new thread for support for the issue.

Thanks! i found out what script wasn't compatible with the bestiary.

Chuck4688

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is prolly the best Bestiary script out here. It has everything I wanted aesthetically.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
So I imported all of the scripts to my game modification-free, added a scanning skill and actor quotes for all the troops, yet every time I scan an enemy, I receive no actor quotes. It just causes a "Failed" to bounce off of the enemy I scanned. This happens for every enemy, and I don't get what I'm doing wrong. I have the right actor and inputted everything correctly, so why isn't it showing up?

EDIT: I solved the problem, but now I have a new one. The script is being interfered with by the Basic Damage Popup script by VM of DT. Is there a way to make these two scripts work together?

Last edited:

Spacer789

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This script is working nearly perfectly for me, but I can't get the descriptions working properly even after copying from the demo to double check.

Also, sometimes when I exit the Bestiary or always when I exit quickly it crashes the whole game.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Monday morning, and the sudden message: Hey, can you set up a full second lesson about pixel art till tomorrow?
No one:
Steam game achievement: "Die 100 times in easy mode".
I want to learn Javascript to create a custom menu, but I don't really know where to start.
One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diskzaz