Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You know it should be against nature's laws to get sick twice with in a month or two. I got the cold after dealing with the flu so sorry I've been really inattentive lately.

@BlackSkulls: I'll see if I can get that done within the week. So it can show actor info and the actor's pictures or portraits instead of battlers :) Do you have a preference on busts or face sets? Maybe I'll just make it a setting you can put in the customize section.

BlackSkulls

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
You know it should be against nature's laws to get sick twice with in a month or two. I got the cold after dealing with the flu so sorry I've been really inattentive lately.

@BlackSkulls: I'll see if I can get that done within the week. So it can show actor info and the actor's pictures or portraits instead of battlers :) Do you have a preference on busts or face sets? Maybe I'll just make it a setting you can put in the customize section.
I hope you feel better! It's definitely the time of year when everyone is getting sick.

And I was gonna use busts or full-body, but anything is fine, really. Heh, I feel like I'm asking a lot. My idea was that different things can happend depending on what 'mood' the other actors are in. For example, if you make everyone suspicious or angry at you, then it's a Game Over. And I thought it would be nice to be able to track those moods as opposed to it being an invisible counter.

Also, I might have understood the instructions wrong, but you use <category: x> to change where the information goes, correct? Can that also be used in the title of events, or just in notes in the database?

supaduda

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Hi, I'm trying to make it so that the Bestiary doesn't start playing its own music. This is how I set the BGM to nil:

Bestiary_BGM = nil

Now when I open up the Bestiary it plays out just fine. However, when I close it, it gives me an error message:

Script 'Bestiary v1.8 by Venka' line 2119: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method 'replay' for nil:NilClass

I'm not that good with scripts, so I'd appreciate the help :)

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can probably just comment out that line.

I guess it tries to replay the music you just set to nil, and that is not possible, obviously.

supaduda

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
You can probably just comment out that line.

I guess it tries to replay the music you just set to nil, and that is not possible, obviously.
Alright, it worked, thanks. It's nice how you learn new things everyday :)

Blinn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Am I doing something wrong here?

name_error_by_malfunit-d8j244e.png

EDIT: I found what the problem was. On line three, the : in author: was causing the error. I replaced "author:" with "author -" (Venka) and it works just fine.

It took me five-and-a-half hours to realize that your script conflicts with YEA-PartySystem. I'm sorry Venka - I cannot use your Bestiary script, which sucks, since I went through so much trouble to put it in. I really wanted it in the game, too. v_v

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Am I doing something wrong here?

name_error_by_malfunit-d8j244e.png

EDIT: I found what the problem was. On line three, the : in author: was causing the error. I replaced "author:" with "author -" (Venka) and it works just fine.

It took me five-and-a-half hours to realize that your script conflicts with YEA-PartySystem. I'm sorry Venka - I cannot use your Bestiary script, which sucks, since I went through so much trouble to put it in. I really wanted it in the game, too. v_v
Actually, I have YEA-Party system and have no problems. I think your conflict is going to be with another script somehow.

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sounds like the header in the script got messed up. There sound have been a # in front of that line. Putting the pound sign in front of text makes it a comment and turns the text green and then the script ignores it.

Blinn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sounds like the header in the script got messed up. There sound have been a # in front of that line. Putting the pound sign in front of text makes it a comment and turns the text green and then the script ignores it.
There was.

I fixed that issue. The one I'm really struggling with is when the game crashes after returning to the menu from the Bestiary menu by pressing escape.

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not having the issue. Can you post the error error message? Either a screen shot or just type up the message here or can post a demo here or via pm to me so I can see what's going on.

No1434

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Hey, i found this script is really awesome! :D

But, i think found a minor bug on the bgs system. When you open bestiary, and close it again the sound of bgs is gone.

Oh, and if you don't mind can you make it that the enemy shows state that its gonna inflict to the actor ?

Mirsa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question,

Is there a way to enable this to be available only when a certain character is present in the group?  For example, if a character is a biologist of sorts, they would collect this info.

Lunawolfcomics

The Omega
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is absolutely incredible! :)

Amazing work

Nanaki_Fan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just want to say a big thank you for this script. It is a fantastic script. I have been using it in my game and recommend it to everybody! Really easy to use and understand.

-N-

Rezca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Recently returned to RPGMaker and was browsing around and saw this... Looks absolutely amazing!

Thank you so very very much for your hard work and this lovely script!

SpeedyBolt123

Generic Loser
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there, I just wanted to say that this script is absolutely amazing. Very well thought out and executed.

Question here, I wanted to know if there would be a way to hide a category until you've reached a certain point, and then unlock it when reaching said point.

Camelslayer

Hates All of Camelkind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I apologize for the thread necromancy in advance.

First off, this script is fantastic. Easily the best bestiary script I've seen, and so far the only one for VX Ace I'm willing to use. So kudos.

However, I have one problem with it- the elemental display can be kinda... confusing. I was thankfully able to edit this myself to do exactly what I wanted, but... still. It really needs changed.

The current system is... inconsistent. Weakness is displayed by how much extra damage they take (+30% damage), whereas resistance is displayed as the total damage percentage they take (90% of total damage). While both methods work fine, they simply don't work together, and is very likely to confuse players. It should really be one or the other to avoid unnecessary confusion.

HopeFragment

H'witch Nerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This script is exactly what I need for my game, but I'm wondering if there's a way to make the Bestiary menu option appear by a switch. Because I want only one party member to be able to scan, and she's not there yet at the start, so it would make no sense for the player to have the Bestiary before she even joins. In addition the party splits up sometimes so in those cases you shouldn't have access to the Bestiary as well. So in those cases, I would turn off this alleged switch that is attached to this script, and turn it back on when she's back.

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not that I know anything about the script at all...  I haven't used it, I only follow it 'cause I think it's cool...

But, couldn't you simply have the character you want to scan, be the only one with the "scan" skill in their skill list?  That'd solve the problem of not letting other players scan.  As for turning of the beastiary...

Couldn't you just program in a common event (or an event everytime the button to pull up the beastiary was pressed) that simply checks for that specific actor?  Like, "If Actor 5 is in party, open beastiary.  If not, do nothing".

Wouldn't you be able to solve both of those problems without messing with the script at all?

HopeFragment

H'witch Nerd
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not that I know anything about the script at all...  I haven't used it, I only follow it 'cause I think it's cool...

But, couldn't you simply have the character you want to scan, be the only one with the "scan" skill in their skill list?  That'd solve the problem of not letting other players scan.  As for turning of the beastiary...

Couldn't you just program in a common event (or an event everytime the button to pull up the beastiary was pressed) that simply checks for that specific actor?  Like, "If Actor 5 is in party, open beastiary.  If not, do nothing".

Wouldn't you be able to solve both of those problems without messing with the script at all?
Yeah, I did that, I gave only that character the ability to scan.

When you open the menu, the Bestiary option is there.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/6d97b8f3038b0277c8bc8e67b2cccf63/tumblr_inline_noqnfwhlk91rtomod_540.png

I want that option to not come up at all until that party member joins, and whenever she leaves, it disappears with her because she's the one with the bestiary. 

I don't know how a common event would work with a menu option like that. I'm thinking it could be some sort of switch, and whenever it's on, it enables the bestiary access, and when it's off, it doesn't come up. Though that would require editing the script, which I can't do because I have no idea how to script.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Archery target and improved training dummy!
1656682912105.png
Map034.png
First try making a temple- looking thing.
NUMINA Part 1 is finally out ✨ Get it now with a 10% launch discount!
Made this simple Training Dummy :D

obraz_2022-07-01_095700524.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shivakumar1998