Nanaki_Fan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@nanaki_fan:

Also just noticed the reason you are probably getting a memory leak report from info_instructions is that your battle system is lower on your script list than the bestiary script, and the disposal method for the sprite is getting overwritten. The battle system needs to go before, because the bestiary aliases some stuff from battle, and they may not be directly compatible without a patch.
The bestiary script is below my battle script already :(

Mithran

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Something else may be overwriting it. I'll do a quick check when you send me a demo.

Trixingno

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello,

I'm having two issues trying to use this script; one minor and one severe.

The minor problem is that, in battle, when the enemy info window is opened again after being opened once either by button press or a scan skill/item, the page it was left on previously will be blank until the cursor is moved to another.  I noticed this happening in the script demo as well as my own project.

The severe issue seems to be an incompatibility with Moghunter's ATB System.  When the bestiary script is in the project with it, using a scan skill or item will bring up the info window and display the information on the first page, but the page cannot be changed to the next.  Disabling the ATB System script removes this issue entirely.  I have the bestiary placed below the ATB script.

I lack the RGSS3 knowledge to perform anything beyond very small tweaks, so I'm hoping to find some help here among those who do.

Trixingno

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Never mind half of my previous post.  I was mistaken in the issue being incompatibility with Moghunter's ATB.  Through rearranging my scripts a bit, I solved the issue of scan not working.  I now have no idea what the actual problem was, but it's gone without breaking anything else, so I'll take it.

The blank enemy info window aftering being opened a second time persists, however.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
I want to move Statistics/Other Info down by 20 pixels, how can I do this?

I\ve already found out how to change other things, but not these two..

Apollo9898

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi. Sorry if this is a bother, but I need a little help. I was told by the person who directed me to this script that I could make it where certain enemies (such as bosses) only require one battle to unlock all their information. I can't figure out how to do it. If it is possible, can someone let me know?

Zakary93

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi,

I am having the same problem someone else previously said (on page 5) that the BGS gets turned off when the Bestiary Menu is exited. Would anyone know why this would be happening? I don't think this is a compatibility problem with other scripts.

Jexxes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Wow! This looks so cool! Can't wait until I get home to try it. 
Really great and gives a new kind of depth to the game story, love it! 

If I ever get my game released, I will link you a copy. If I ever decide to charge for any of my games using this script, you'll get it for free! :D  

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry if this is a necro post, but every time I enter battle it gives me this error:

Error.png

I didn't modify, or change anything. I copied the scripts directly from the demo.

Rezca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's sad to know that this won't be compatible with MV when it comes out, due to the change in programming languages being used. :(

I quite enjoyed this bestiary script - it was nice, simple, but effective.

coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome Script!! 

Only ONE problem with it. The scan ability works fine but when I'm in battle this happens...

http://imgur.com/VVwO1Ol

Their portrait pops over the battle commands...

Any idea on how to fix it? 

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's sad to know that this won't be compatible with MV when it comes out, due to the change in programming languages being used. :(

I quite enjoyed this bestiary script - it was nice, simple, but effective.
I wouldn't doubt if one makes a script for it in MV, and I think that it is even in pre-order :)

Rezca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I wouldn't doubt if one makes a script for it in MV, and I think that it is even in pre-order :)
Yeah I've already got my MV pre-ordered ^^

Javascript though.... That's certainly going to be different. Someone will make one eventually, hopefully there will be a few. It's nice that VX/Ace has a few each to go around, so you can pick one you like.  This Logbook was one of my favorites for Ace ^^

I don't doubt new bestiary functions will pop up eventually (New ones, or authors re-writting their Ruby ones for JS)  -  it'd be strange if they didn't! XD

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah I've already got my MV pre-ordered ^^

Javascript though.... That's certainly going to be different. Someone will make one eventually, hopefully there will be a few. It's nice that VX/Ace has a few each to go around, so you can pick one you like.  This Logbook was one of my favorites for Ace ^^

I don't doubt new bestiary functions will pop up eventually (New ones, or authors re-writting their Ruby ones for JS)  -  it'd be strange if they didn't! XD
I don't know if it's exactly like this one, but there is a plugin named: "Bestiary" which will be on RPG Maker MV pre-order, the topic is here :)

valkaria

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I get en error when I try to access the Bestiary. 

I haven't tried to change anything in the script. 

Script 'Bestiary' line 820: NoMethodError occurred.

Undefined Method 'size' for nil:NilClass

coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wonderful, Wonderful script!! One problem I'm having for some reason is that everything was working perfectly fine before, and then today suddenly the scan skill would work but

not retrieve any data. As well as no matter how many times I slay any monster, nothing at all will show up in the Bestiary? It's like there's a new complete disconnect between my 

enemies and the script all of a sudden??

Any ideas on what's going on? 

zmanwarrior

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I get en error when I try to access the Bestiary. 

I haven't tried to change anything in the script. 

Script 'Bestiary' line 820: NoMethodError occurred.

Undefined Method 'size' for nil:NilClass
Are you testing from a save or from a new game? It doesn't work if you test from a pre-existing save.

Last edited by a moderator:

YukiNagato

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
Wow...

This is an awesome script! :)

Everything looks organized and it has a nice layout.

Thank you for this script! :D

Arkaik

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Venka!

Don't know if you still there, but i'd like to say your script is really amazing!

I'm gonna use it for sure and i was wondering if the enemy drops could be more than 3 (as default).

I'm using Hime's Drop Item Sets, do you think it's possible to do some compatibility patch?

If you can't there's no problem, but i'd love to see it working togheter.

Btw, thanks a lot for your script! :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

me: “I’m gonna take a break from game making.”
*five hours later*
me: yeah okay fine I needed to redo that map. Sure.
The OFFICIAL RPG Maker Discord Server is Here | RPG Maker News #116

And the time has come for me to enjoy a good cup of hot cocoa before I sleep... Strangely, that actually helps.
If I ever need to stay up late working on projects, I always get tired. Do you guys think I should try G-Fuel to keep me up and focused at night? And if so, what flavor is best?
I do tend to be quite a night owl.
"Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. Same as it... EVER was."
Ugh. This update is taking so long that I'm starting to run out of topics for the weekly blogs that I was making to make up for the fact that it was taking so long to begin with!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raffa2k