Beta Tester & Feedback

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by EliteKilljoy, Dec 7, 2014.

1. EliteKilljoy

EliteKilljoy Beta Tester, English Proofer, German Translator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Alright, awesome, thanks!

2. xSparkZx

xSparkZx Shards Lead Developer Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Hey!

I already made a tester recruitment page here but it still needs approval of a mod, but I'd like you to test my game "Shards".

You can find everything about it on the link on my signature. The linked page in my signature is out of date so there aren't any screenshots left, but the basic stuf you need to know are still in there. I'd like to send you the download link in PM if you don't mind as the demo is still in testing stage and is not ment for public yet.

So I hope you'll test it and I'll send you the download link in PM if you accept my request.

Stay safe!

xSparkZx ~ Lead Developer of Shards

3. EliteKilljoy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'd love to, of course! :D Go ahead and send me the PM and I'll get to it when I can.

IMPORTANT FOR ALL:

Guys, I was recently diagnosed with something (I would prefer to not put it out there). It's nothing serious, usually, but it does involve a lot of pain. I would like to let you guys know that I'm sorry if I'm taking a long time on the demos, but I WILL get to them when I'm feeling better. Sorry!

Marsigne likes this.
  4. Fernyfer775

Fernyfer775 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    First of all, I wanted to say I hope you feel better soon!

Secondly, I would be honored if you gave me some feedback on my game.  It is "completed" in the sense that the game is playable from start to finish, but I am still doing some trial and error on the balancing side of things. Once I get myself a good handful of people to play it and tell me how they feel about it, then I will be ready to make any changes necesarry and then finally release it as 100% complete.

Any and all feedback would be awesome.

Thank you and here is the link to my thread if you wanted more background information on the characters, story, etc:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/26154-demon-hunter/

If you wish to bypass the thread and just download the game, then here is the link to that as well:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5im8tabyi8iywau/Demon_Hunter.exe

5. EliteKilljoy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Will do! I'll add you to the list and get to all of these when I'm feeling better.

6. EliteKilljoy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    (Sorry for double posting, but this is important and I want everyone to see.)

IMPORTANT:

So, I've been feeling a bit better, but now I've really gathered up quite the list of games to test. With at least a half hour per game, that adds up to 3+ hours right now (IF I only play a half hour, which isn't often).

I'm thinking of maybe making this service not free, only because I have a lot to do and it takes up a lot more of my time than you'd think to write detailed reviews like I do. I wanted to know what all of you guys thought before I did this, so here are some questions for you:

1. Would you guys personally still use my service?

2. Do you think others would still use it, or does payment automatically deter people?

3. Do you think it's even FAIR that I'm asking this of people?

4. What would be a good price to charge for this, if I choose to do it?

I'd love all of your opinions, so please let me know either in PM or in this thread. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015
  7. Walldeaf

Walldeaf Villager Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    EliteKillJoy,

If you feel like this, than you should do this, however on this forum people are testing for free.

I'm not gonna pay for testing my demo, which will be free to play in the end, so you can delete it from your list.

I would still like to thank you though for taking the time.

/wallie

Marsigne, Anorak and Kyuukon like this.
  8. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    My thought is if you charge for it, then you should play more than one hour. Maybe go by a tiered system? For instance: < 30 min free or minimal fee, 30 min - 1 hour, minimal fee, 1 - 2 hours higher fee, etc.

As it is, I do think there is demand for this service, especially if  you are willing to go past the 30 min - 1 hour period. I myself had to recruit a tester for a demo that took 2 - 2.5 hours to complete (based on my playtime, so a little longer for the testers), so going from experience there is demand for this, but for longer testing intervals than the 30 min - 1 hour.

9. EliteKilljoy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Guys, I've decided not to make this service cost money, so don't worry.

Just know that, since it's free, it may take me some time to complete these reviews since I have other things to do as well.

Thank you.

Anorak and Marsigne like this.
  10. Marsigne

Marsigne Sephiroth Veteran

First Language:
    Other
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Some recommendations: Don't over-stress yourself; take your time and you can take breaks between tests, you do a great work in providing feedback and it's free after all :D

Susan, Anorak and Walldeaf like this.
  11. KanaX

KanaX Just being a mouse Veteran

First Language:
    Broken English.
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'd like to propose my game for an Alpha-Test. The reason I "propose" and not "request" is for the following reasons:

• It's not the traditional RPG, so it may be a little out of your familiar zone.
    • It's REALLY long. It will take you a while to actually get the full taste of the game. The 30'- 1 hour playtime won't do it justice.
    • I want a thorough, extremely detailed review of everything you have to say about the game.
    • May be buggy at some points.
    I included a link to the topic, so you can see if you are interested. If you are, then I will take a day to make it as pretty as possible for you and I will PM you a link.

If you are too busy, or unwilling, you can always review the demo.

12. heroscratch

heroscratch Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    If you are interested in testing out my game 'Star Dogs', here is the link to my thread! (Also contains the download links at the top of the page).

The demo was just completed today. I don't imagine it would take anyone more than 1-2 hours to complete in its entirety at the moment. Any feedback you could leave me would be great!

Thank you very much for your time :)

13. EliteKilljoy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm alright with testing your game as long as I am able to keep it at the bottom of my list, since it will require more time.

I'd love to test your game out, too! However, if you're saying that you want me to play the demo in its entirety, I'll have to say the same thing as I said to Kanax: I'll have to put it at the end of my list, so I can get the shorter ones done first. Also, there's no download link in your post. :)

KanaX likes this.
  14. SpiralSigil

SpiralSigil Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Annnnd by the time I go to reply to this, the entire issue has been already decided upon XD  Welp, if nothing else I'm glad you're feeling better good sir!

15. EliteKilljoy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    *ma'am, but thank you :)

16. Zentsuki

Zentsuki Story teller Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hey there! I'd like you to test my game called "Dread Islands" for early feedback. You should have between 15 to 40 minutes of game, depending whether or not you die or if you rush through the main objectives or do the sidequests.

I sent you the link in PM.

I'd like a PM for the review first, because I don't want to reveal too much about the game yet; once we've reached another milestone, though, probably in a few weeks, I'll ask for a public review. Thanks a lot :D

17. heroscratch

heroscratch Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh, I don't necessarily need 'the whole demo' played through; however, the whole demo is probably only going to take 45 mins or so for an experienced gamer.

18. EliteKilljoy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'll add you to the list :) And hero, you still have not given me any sort of link.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
  19. EliteKilljoy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I am reopening my beta-testing service!

Submissions are reopened, so ask me to beta some games! Since it's been so long since the previous people requested my service, I am wiping them from my list. If you would still like me to beta test your game, repost a comment.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2016
  20. atasuke10

atasuke10 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English