- Jun 19, 2014
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
In 1630, the continent of Escalia was cast into turmoil when high king Alexis the Third was betrayed by his most trusted advisor Caelmor. Eventually the Caelmor's reign of terror was put to an end by Olivia Corin and her fellow heroes.
The story of Escalia starts 21 years after Caelmor's defeat and follows Fayhe Corin, Olivia's magically gifted daughter, and her friends Lumia and Seyfer as they find themselves in a series of unfortunate events that could spiral out of control quickly and will decide the fate of the whole world.
As I'm nearing completion of the new demo, I am looking for betatesters.
I'd prefer people who has also played the IGMC version, but this is not required.
I am especially looking for feedback regarding the storyline, the newest added features and the battle system.
See original thread for more details:
In 1630, the continent of Escalia was cast into turmoil when high king Alexis the Third was betrayed by his most trusted advisor Caelmor. Eventually the Caelmor's reign of terror was put to an end by Olivia Corin and her fellow heroes. The story of Escalia starts 21 years after Caelmor's defeat...
Changes in this version:
- A new playable character.
- Monsters finally respawn after 5 minutes of in-game time.
- Added System category in the Menu.
- Hover Alerts, if you get close to something that you can interact with, an icon will pop-up. This can be disabled in the Menu, under System.
- Lootable sparkles removed.
- Backtracking enabled.
- Added tutorials (Accessible in the menu via the Codex).
- Added optional Battle tutorial.
- Items gained from lootable objects are no longer random.
- Changed prices of droppable items and added some new rare ones which are worth more.
- Added HP bars for enemies.
- Added State Icons for enemies.
- Added Order Gauge.
- Gave several skills and healing items priority.
- Fixed the Scan screen.
- Overhauled most abilities.
- Added a 10% chance to not get knocked out once HP reaches 0. In the future this might be expanded with a Morale System, giving you (de)buffs.
- Added graphics for Ambush/Pre-emptive strike.
- Holder Entry Pose now works.
- Seyfer has a home!
- Some maps revisioned slightly.
- Maps added to exit Aldwyn (though one currently cannot exit to the worldmap in this build).
- New Logo by Julianastorybored and eDeus.
- New GUI for the Menu and the Battle.
- Changed portraits of Seyfer and Lumia slightly.
- Several Named NPCs now have portraits.
- New Icons made by Avery.
- Battle Result screen has gotten a little overhaul, same for the Level-Up screen.
- Changed the menu slightly.
- Custom Magic font made by Unity.
- Changed Game Over screen.
- Minor modifications to some sprites.
- More flavortext.
- Changed several dialogues and added new ones.
- Changed the intro to clarify the situation a bit more.
- New descriptions for playable characters and enemies.
- New descriptions for Weapons/Armor.
- Bad guys have names now. And backstories!
- Several BGMs now loop.
- New Game Over BGM.
- Removed several scripts and added some new ones.
And probably more things that I've failed to document.
Is your dynamic lightning script added to this version?
No, while I have a projectfile where I have it (And it works very good) I am adding it at a later date since there's a minor bug with one of my fog scripts.
Can I use my old savegame from the IGMC version?
I highly doubt that it will work. I've changed nearly every event and added new scripts.
Is a widescreen version added in this version?
No, that runs on the same system as the lightning script. While it'd look better for my portrait system (and battle, where I'm still debating whether to have 3 or 4 members) it's not added at the moment.
If you are interested please send me a PM or reply here. Expect a demo to be coming your way in about a week's time. I do expect you to give in-depth feedback!