Ravioko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, in RPG Maker VX, I know how to edit the color, background, border, etc. of the text window. However, I see much BETTER customization (for example, what we see in this trailer for RPG Maker VX Ace -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCZeYZBdtFw)

So, how would I get things like -

• The name of the character speaking in a separate, tiny box above the text
  • A text box that looks that different
  • Character portraits that side in (or simpy appear) instead of just faces
I understand it will most likely need a bit of scripting/a script already available somewhere on the site, so if someone could just point me in the right direction...? 

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are an array of scripts dealing with the messaging system, but personally I prefer modern algebra's ATS Series.

EDIT : Whoops, too used to replying to VXA posts. modern algebra does have VX equivalents, however. Let me find those ...

Advanced Text System VX

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSS2 Script Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Ravioko

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks. I'll give these a try as soon as I can  :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Seeker Clones.png
Work on the Decepticon Seeker sprites is taking longer than I anticipated. I have five down: Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Acid Storm and Nova Storm. Three left to go: Ion Storm, Sunstorm (needs rework), and Slipstream. After completing their walking sprites, should I wait to post them after I've done a transformation sequence?
yRMekcF.gif

Run, <null> run!
(sprite got butchered a bit while making gif file...)
WOOP WOOP!
NEW CHARACTER ALERT!!!
Please, welcome to the stage...
Ramona Albright.png

Ramona Albright! A 20-year old World Key Guardian in training (More about the WKG's soon!), She is very impulsive, which leads us to the problem of the game. OOF. Kinda wanna wait till you know how to use the friggin World Key, huh?!
Bust sketch here!
IMG_20220124_110105.jpg
Little-by-little, keep improving your projects. That's how you finish them! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kuro1998