Better to make website/social media accounts with Game's title or Company/developer title?

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
For a commercial game, what do you think is better: To make a website/social media accounts with the Game's title or with the Company/developer title? E.g. www.awesomegamename.com and facebook.com/page/awesomegamename or www.coolcompany.com and facebook.com/page/coolcompany?

I feel like the game's name would be better, but for longevity the company name might be better? Or do you change it up depending on which platform? And if so, how? Would love to hear your input!

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your "company" media profiles like Twitter or Facebook doesn't create traction, they just confirm.
Go for the game alone. Probably you want for people to check for your exciting game the soon as possible - let them knew it directly.
IN THE MEANTIME: a company website (www.bestcompanyever.com). That will be your long lasting hub for this and any further game (not speaking is the actual way you can hope for some Google traffic).
In the future, when your company name can compete, you should have both - a stream for the company and a stream for new releases.

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you only have one product, start by the game page to tell people that "this game exists".
If you have several products (and one successful product), go with the company page. To tell people that "This is the company that made/publish this awesome game and plan to create more games".

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Thanks for the replies, as suggested I will stick with the game's name itself.

gabrieldiastche

Gabriel Dias
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For a commercial game, what do you think is better: To make a website/social media accounts with the Game's title or with the Company/developer title? E.g. www.awesomegamename.com and facebook.com/page/awesomegamename or www.coolcompany.com and facebook.com/page/coolcompany?

I feel like the game's name would be better, but for longevity the company name might be better? Or do you change it up depending on which platform? And if so, how? Would love to hear your input!
So, I will be frank, everything you have to do, make it to promote your game and your game company...
But, If you don't have a lot of time, try to focus more on what will give you more feedback faster. I think people will look for your game company pages and other things more for job opportunities than your games, so I would do pages for your game.

And try to find your way to communicate with everyone, because for me I prefer speaking with people and give lectures than writing texts and tips...I think I am not good in that area unfortunaly, I am trying to get better now...

So I hope I helped in something :)

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
I would do both.
But that takes away valuable development time again. I did decide to have a basic webpage for the "company" though with legal information etc. but all communication towards end users will be done though the game's website and social media accounts.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are going to make multiple games then I feel a company website is essential.
It also depends on how much time you want to put into social media. The more accounts you have the more chances you have at free exposure (free except for the time it takes to log in and post) nut even then posting to the game's Twitter and retweeting from the company doesn't take much extra time.
IMO:
company website. (www.mycompany.com with a forward from www.mc.com)
game page on site. (fantasygame.mc.com)
as much social media as you can handle. Retweets and FaceBook shares help save time.

For example, I own www.pandimensionalproductions.com but also www.pandimpro.com to use with redirects and game pages. It may be good to have a short hand or company initials page like that too.

FluffexStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do both but focus on your game title if you're a first time developer. Game name tends to gather more traction than company name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Evil7 added!

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
Polished the animation and added details :kaojoy:
Ami
What do you think about the Wood Bridge inside of Volcano?
Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vongolavxv