Better way to maintain opacity on enemy when targeted (YEP action sequence/buffstate related)?

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, this is one that's been bothering me for a bit, I have a sorta-solution that messes up other things. I have a stealth state for allies and enemies that tweaks their opacity and makes them really hard to hit.

I do this with the following notetag on the state:
<Custom Apply Effect>

target.spriteOpacity(60,20)

user.refresh();

</Custom Apply Effect>

<Custom Remove Effect>

this.spriteOpacity(255,20)

user.refresh();

</Custom Remove Effect>

The problem is, that when this state is applied to enemies, the opacity goes away as soon as they're targeted.

A fix that someone helped me find was to make a plugin with the following code (not the entire thing, but 90% of it):
Sprite_Enemy.prototype.startEffect;
Sprite_Enemy.prototype.startEffect = function(effectType) {
var opacity = this.opacity;
[Function].Sprite_Enemy_startEffect.call(this, effectType);
this.opacity = opacity;
};
This does make it so that the enemies maintain their opacity when targeted, but...... The problem with this fix is that it breaks enemy collapse effects and adds a weird white square block to party battlers (not enemy ones) when they're semi-transparent.

Basically, is there a way I can get this code to not apply to party members and dying/0 hp battlers? Or is there just a better fix in general for this problem.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I encountered a similar problem and wrote my own little plugin to get around it. It's not particularly efficient, since it updates opacity every frame, but it's pretty easy to use: just stick a <Battler Opacity: x> notetag on your state and it should change the affected battler's opacity automatically~

Here's a link in case you want to check it out: view/download Cae_BattlerOpacity (Google Drive). :)

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@caethyril Interesting plug-in, it's very close to what I'm looking for but not quite. It doesn't have the visual problems the other fix does, but unfortunately, because it updates every frame it messes up a decent amount of my action sequences that deal with opacity.

Edit: Figured out the effecttypes that cause collapses.
Used:
Code:
if (this._effectType === 'bossCollapse' || this._effectType === 'collapse')
to skip the code when collapses happen. Only problem is the white squares but that only really shows up with brighter battlebacks.

Really wish MV's documentation was better.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

That feel when you're awake past midnight and suddenly you're one year older :ninja:
I miss collaborations, but I don't know how to find someone to make face parts just to share them with others, and even though I don't like writing or music, I can't trust anyone with writing on my game because it has themes that are easy to mess up, and music needs a clear tone and scenes.
People donating to me for my upcoming birthday so I can pay my team a little. Such angels, I'm so happy. T uT I smile so much my face hurts. Good souls in this world.
Playing Ragnarok Online again is very nostalgic. The last time I played it was 20 years ago, when I was ten-twelve old.
My first mmorpg.^^
A beloved family member passed away due to complication to combat COVID and diabetes. Rest in peace Grandma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dashstop