Better way to maintain opacity on enemy when targeted (YEP action sequence/buffstate related)?

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, this is one that's been bothering me for a bit, I have a sorta-solution that messes up other things. I have a stealth state for allies and enemies that tweaks their opacity and makes them really hard to hit.

I do this with the following notetag on the state:
<Custom Apply Effect>

target.spriteOpacity(60,20)

user.refresh();

</Custom Apply Effect>

<Custom Remove Effect>

this.spriteOpacity(255,20)

user.refresh();

</Custom Remove Effect>

The problem is, that when this state is applied to enemies, the opacity goes away as soon as they're targeted.

A fix that someone helped me find was to make a plugin with the following code (not the entire thing, but 90% of it):
Sprite_Enemy.prototype.startEffect;
Sprite_Enemy.prototype.startEffect = function(effectType) {
var opacity = this.opacity;
[Function].Sprite_Enemy_startEffect.call(this, effectType);
this.opacity = opacity;
};
This does make it so that the enemies maintain their opacity when targeted, but...... The problem with this fix is that it breaks enemy collapse effects and adds a weird white square block to party battlers (not enemy ones) when they're semi-transparent.

Basically, is there a way I can get this code to not apply to party members and dying/0 hp battlers? Or is there just a better fix in general for this problem.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I encountered a similar problem and wrote my own little plugin to get around it. It's not particularly efficient, since it updates opacity every frame, but it's pretty easy to use: just stick a <Battler Opacity: x> notetag on your state and it should change the affected battler's opacity automatically~

Here's a link in case you want to check it out: view/download Cae_BattlerOpacity (Google Drive). :)

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@caethyril Interesting plug-in, it's very close to what I'm looking for but not quite. It doesn't have the visual problems the other fix does, but unfortunately, because it updates every frame it messes up a decent amount of my action sequences that deal with opacity.

Edit: Figured out the effecttypes that cause collapses.
Used:
Code:
if (this._effectType === 'bossCollapse' || this._effectType === 'collapse')
to skip the code when collapses happen. Only problem is the white squares but that only really shows up with brighter battlebacks.

Really wish MV's documentation was better.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mezzy