Betting Challenge: Guess the date & time of the contest results!

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Got this from the RPG Maker news letter a couple of hours ago:

"As for the big 2014 Indie Game Maker Contest, we know you're all eager to find out the results! Judging all the entries we received has taken longer than we thought, but we hope to have winners announced in the next two weeks!"

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

"As for the big 2014 Indie Game Maker Contest, we know you're all eager to find out the results! Judging all the entries we received has taken longer than we thought, but we hope to have winners announced in the next two weeks!"

It seems the pessimists (or realists?) will emerge victorious from this one.  :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV

So then if it's not until the 3rd of September (most late guess) We can go for round two. I like this thread! :p

Makes waiting more fun.

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So then if it's not until the 3rd of September (most late guess) We can go for round two. I like this thread! :p

Makes waiting more fun.
Do you think we should reset the bets at a certain point? It kinda takes away the point & fun of the thread if clearly everyone will lose except one bet far away. But dunno. Up to you guys. :)

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering IF things will stay idle until 3rd of September (this is the most late guess I think),

All of our guesses will be invalid right?

So we should start again by doing a second round. ;)  

Geoff Moore

Composer for Hire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Why not just shuffle all bets forward by two weeks?

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not? Brace yourselves people... debate is coming. :p

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you think we should reset the bets at a certain point? It kinda takes away the point & fun of the thread if clearly everyone will lose except one bet far away. But dunno. Up to you guys. :)
I know that I do have a horse in this race, but wouldn't allowing a bet reset completely eliminate the point of ever placing an outlier bet far into the future?

Maybe have a "second chance" round of betting with a different prize or something?

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know that I do have a horse in this race, but wouldn't allowing a bet reset completely eliminate the point of ever placing an outlier bet far into the future?

Maybe have a "second chance" round of betting with a different prize or something?
Yes, that's a good idea! In a while we can hold a second round for a smaller prize. Maybe everyone has to review that winner's game for why they SHOULDN'T have won the Grand Prize. (jk jk)

But seriously though, I like your idea. :)

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Suffling everything forward by two weeks might work, considering that's been their only announcement of a timeframe xD

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Suffling everything forward by two weeks might work, considering that's been their only announcement of a timeframe xD
Except those who made a correct bet (2 weeks from now) would get screwed over. :p

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
But it wouldn't be exactly fair if someone who bet on this weekend to win instead of someone who correctly bet that it would still take 2 weeks for the results. ^_^;

Merlandese

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Any way you slice it, we have another two weeks to wait, which means we all lose! XD

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wavelength could actually win, though. XD

Merlandese

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, hey! That's right! Maybe I should play Wavelength's game in preparation for the victory review! 

Nuclear Mosquito

Now what are you going to do?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Give people the choice to shift their bet two weeks if they want to. I think that can work?

Geoff Moore

Composer for Hire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oops, I didn't see anyone had guessed that far ahead. So yeah, scratch my suggestion, it wouldn't be fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There's another Humble Bundle available now for RPG developer assets, this time focused somewhat more towards pixel art style games.
Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soulwire