Betting Challenge: Guess the date & time of the contest results!

Spoonweaver

O.H.R.RPG.C.E. Member
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
My guess wasn't a joke I was making. I really do think it will take that long.

I assume the bet means when ALL the contest results are annouced. This would include things like the celeb choices. It's currently my understanding that not even the people's choice most buzzing and most shared results haven't been officially announced (Even if it seems like Ars Harmonia is the clear winner.)

My fear for this betting thread is that the thread will die long before we get results. Even if I'm still long off with my guess.

Nuclear Mosquito

Now what are you going to do?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

I assume the bet means when ALL the contest results are annouced. This would include things like the celeb choices. It's currently my understanding that not even the people's choice most buzzing and most shared results haven't been officially announced (Even if it seems like Ars Harmonia is the clear winner.)

My fear for this betting thread is that the thread will die long before we get results. Even if I'm still long off with my guess.
How about we start a sub contest in the mean time? XD Then we can get both contest results at the same time.

NickMakesGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Ars Harmonia isn't necesarily the clear winner. The judges have stated that they're performing background checks on every vote and like a game recieves. While I by no means intend to accuse the developer of Ars Harmonia of cheating, it's important to note that the possibility of false votes being discounted is still real.

SinのAria

The Chaotic One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C++
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ars Harmonia isn't necesarily the clear winner. The judges have stated that they're performing background checks on every vote and like a game recieves. While I by no means intend to accuse the developer of Ars Harmonia of cheating, it's important to note that the possibility of false votes being discounted is still real.
Yeah, even if the developer didn't cheat, doesn't mean a fan didn't. Or a competitor trying to get them DQed.

Oh, my vote was on a different assumption.  What is this thread's voting based on? lol

Not that I ever really intended to win, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'd say we could have a second round with a lesser prize, since it would be unfair to those who placed outlier bets to have everyone else suddenly not penalized.

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys,

So the bet was for the Top 7 winners (+ maybe People's Choice but that one is almost already guaranteed). I probably should've specified but I thought that spoke for itself. ^_^; So no waiting for weird celebrity picks, podcasts or whatever they have up their sleeves.

As for a second round that sounds good! Any ideas for a lesser prize? If we don't do a second round then yup this thread will die and even the winner from the first round probably won't get the amount of reviews he/she deserves. :D

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For round 2, just shift my bet 10 days from now, lol.

Lesser prize? Erm.... It'd have to be something totally different wouldn't it?

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh, hey! That's right! Maybe I should play Wavelength's game in preparation for the victory review! 
I honestly feel like playing timeblazer is worth an hour either way, but as lucky as my guess looks right now, it's also very possible one of the guesses near the end of the month will end up taking the win.  Sorting through 800 games is no easy task regardless of how ya slice it!

Just an idea for a "second guess" - maybe offer the opportunity to register a second guess, with the exact same prize among people who take a second chance?  So if you bet twice but don't win, you'll take a gander through both rounds' winning bettors' games?  Or maybe with that second review explain why THAT game should have won instead of the original "game that should have won".  Very meta :)   Just spitballing here, though.  There are probably better ways to do it.

SinのAria

The Chaotic One
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
C++
Primarily Uses
N/A
I personally don't care as long as I get to play a fun game, lol.

Looks like anything before the 14th of September 2014 have already failed though.  Someone said that they pushed it back two more weeks.

Unless we are basing this on whoever gets the closest, lol.

On way or another, I'm satisfied with my bet since I got the fourth.  (I was tempted to do april, but that would be 2015, lol).  The time was just me being reasonable XD

(If nobody has figured out why I wanted September 4....  My favorite numbers are: 4, 13, 666, 1337, 9001.   09+04=13)

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think nobody wins this round! (Well, except maybe for those that said October or December... :p ) ;D

Round three?

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wait until the 30th for Bgillisp? XD

NickMakesGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nah, eff it. You know as little as we do, so you might as well be welcomed as an honorary stressed and confused developer

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
How about before this box of twinkies expires?

NickMakesGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'd wager the day after the release of Fez 2

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Two more days and I'm bamboozled! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
Currently playing final fantasy 3 on DS. It's an old one but its a classic.
BCj
Gotta love some gossip :D
Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakeofblades