Betting Challenge: Guess the date & time of the contest results!

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Y'all getting pretty dramatic.

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Assumptions:

1] Every individual playing the games to evaluate them, "judge" from now on, will have: 

2 hours available 40% of the time (Unexpected bad things can will happen   :dizzy:   :barf:   )

4 hours available 40% of the time (There are more things to do  )

8 hours available 20% of the time (A good day to evaluate stuff)

2] Game average evaluation time needed is:

1 hour         20% of the time (WOW! WHAT A GAME! :guffaw:   :)   :thumbsup-right:   )

45 minutes  25% of the time (Wow! This is good! Let's see if it has bugs :D    )

30 minutes  25% of the time (Yup the average good participations, with obvious bugs :)   )

20 minutes  20% of the time (Well... nice effort but this will not do... :headshake:   )

10 minutes  10% of the time (Are you $%# kidding me? D:<   )

Shall we do some math to make a model to evaluate the needed time?

Ok! Let's go!

So an estimated weighted available time according to the assumption is: 

(2 * 40%) + (4 * 40%) + (8 * 20%) = 0,8 + 1,6 + 1,6 = 4 HOURS = 240 MINUTES 

Let's see the average needed time for evaluation of a game in minutes:

(60*20%) + (45 * 25%) + (30 * 25%) + (20 * 20%) + (10 * 10%) = 12 + 11.25 + 7.5 + 4 + 1 = 35.75 MINUTES

We say 35,75 minutes per game on weighted average needed time.

=========================================================================

We got 680 games (  :troll:   :troll:   :troll: Good luck judges )

So the model goes like:

680 * 35.75 = 24310 TOTAL TIME NEEDED 

So it is... 24310 / 240 = 101,29 average weighted days at work. (since the weighted average time per day is used)

Let's divide this with 30 days (a month)

TA DAAAA!!!!

So they might need more than three months to give the results taking for granted that they will throw some decent work in real life situatoions. My model is really simplified, but it does indeed shows how a real evaluation should be. My percentages are based on assumptions of course. But I have good reasons to assume such things, so even if the results will be announced at let's say 30th of October I will not complaint. 

So people... IF THESE PEOPLE WILL HAVE RESULTS BEFORE 3 MONTHS, YOU SHOULD THANK THEM.

I am also in agony. I can't wait. But still I have a great idea about how much workload that is. Not to mention that asking for a rushed result will be a more unfair one, so no, let them take their time.

Gee I could give you a result in three days. I would play whatever I like for 30 to 45 minutes, then whatever doesn't make me feel like playing it, I stop it in ten minutes, I give results, everyone is happy. :troll:  

Right? 

NO!

It is unfair. Get my point?  :)  

They never thought of such a success of 680 valid participants so spare them some more time.

Keep on people.  ;)   :thumbsup-right:

Nuclear Mosquito

Now what are you going to do?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
^

I prefer this one:

:p
You should put a warning with that. I nearly soiled myself from laughing. Disclaimer: I may or may not be suffering from sleep deprivation.

Dreadshadow

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now everyone, thank these judges for having this one month earlier.  :D   :thumbsup-right:

Last edited by a moderator:

Nuclear Mosquito

Now what are you going to do?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Right in time for my exams XD I'll just have to wait for my good internet tonight to download it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

XwwX OMG! Only 4 more weeks till I can leave my crappy job and never ever go back! I am SO freaking excited!!!
Sometimes, it's so hard to resist
"this boss is too easy, what if I add more gimmicks". Then I remember most of my players might be already dying fighting the boss.
You certainly should show love and recognition to teammates who have achieved great success! Congrats Eli!
Just 2 Days of no Internet and I made more Progress in my Game than last 2 Weeks combined. Now I know, Internet makes me a Lazy person.. :D
I'm back to the bugs.
100 bugs in my coding,
take one down,
fix it up,
132 bugs in my coding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mojiijou