Essention

Essential
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Recruitment Basics
  • Warnings: Death mentions, (will add more if needed)
  • Engine - RMMV
  • Roles Needed
    • Additional Engineer(s) - It'll be complicated and tough if I were to work in the MV engine all by myself... There are some things that I still have yet to grasp that other people can pick up and/or teach me how to do.
    • Voice Actors - I am accepting auditions! The listed roles here right now are not going to be the only ones. There will be more characters as development goes on but, for where I am at in development right now, this is the first batch. Submit an audition here on the Casting Call Club page I made!
    • User Interface Artist(s) - Using the default UI isn't really ideal... So yeah!
    • Tileset Artist(s) - Especially so for the signature other world often present in modern Persona (like Tartarus, the Midnight Channel, and the Metaverse).
    • Sprite Artist(s) - Walking animations, Side-View sprites, enemy sprites, tilesets...
    • Render Artist(s) - For solid non-sprite drawings like face images, bust images, etc.
    • Concept Artist(s) - Mainly for enemy designs and persona designs alike so that the sprite artist(s) and render artist(s) have something to work from.
    • Music Composer - Persona isn't Persona without the stylish music. With the fan game having elements from the entire series (including P1, the P2 duology, P3P, and the Q spinoffs), you're free to create some sort of weird amalgam of genres and perhaps mash-up the canon OSTs.
    • Animator - Cutscenes! There are definitely gonna be cutscenes.
    • Writers - Even though I'm the one who knows the story best, I still want to have an extra hand in terms of the game's flow in dialogue, plot pacing, the different social events, etc.
  • My Roles
    • I'm gonna be putting everything together in the engine. That means eventing, map making, skill creation, plugin working, etc. I don't want to have too much on my plate so that's why I have the recruitment up. While I'm still learning my way around the engine, I'm quickly getting the hang of things. (AKA I'm in the Engineer role while also doing writing.)
The Game in Question
  • Synopsis
    • Beyond the Mirror is a Persona fan game I am creating based on a big AU I have made. There's plenty of world building behind the mechanics, the lore, and the various locations/terms to know. While I am working on this in fanfiction form as well, I want to see this come to life in a game. Since Atlus is a big deal and it's hard to reach them, the only way to get this to come true is to do it myself. ...Well, myself to a point. I can only do so much alone.
      • I plan for the game to have features similar to the actual games in the series. That means the collection of personas, the social links/confidants, the navigator system, etc. With this being an AU and I have twists in the main mechanics, there's gonna be some unique systems in place to fit.
      • A bit of the info I have behind the lore will be given in the next section.
    • At this point, I'm just starting to get the battle system together and going through testing so that what I have so far, placeholder and not, are working correctly.
  • Characters, Setting, and World Development
    • The basis of the story is that this is a world where the canon users and their personas swap places. That means that the personas become users and the canon users become personas. In universe, alternate counterparts are known as Mirrors. Everyone has a Mirror in some way, shape, or form. As such, this world's users are the Mirrors of the canon world's personas... And vice versa.
    • For the AU, a prerequisite for awakening to a persona is to form a Mirror Link with one's Mirror. Once the link is formed, the person in question will undergo a Connection Phrase before awakening to their own persona, the Mirror of their counterpart's user.
    • There are three lead characters that the game will always follow. All three of them have witnessed similar dreams in which they step in the shoes of their Mirrors in the moment of the canon awakenings. Due to these connections, they all possess the Wild Card.
      • Otoji Arisato is the Mirror of the persona Orpheus. He is of the Fool Arcana with the persona Messiah, the Mirror of Makoto Yuki. Otoji is a second-year at Hanafu Academy who has been struck with grief after the death of his girlfriend. He happens to have talent for whatever form of stringed instrument he can find... Including pianos. His emotions can always be felt in his music, no matter what instrument he uses.
      • Naruaki Seta is the Mirror of the persona Izanagi. He is of the Justice Arcana with the persona Seeker, the mirror of Yu Narukami. Naruaki is a third-year at Hanafu Academy, making him Otoji and Hato's senior. He's often seen as an accomplished student with high grades and great attendance. Naruaki has a habit of taking in information with ease and has a fair collection of non-fiction books at home.
      • Hato Kurusu is the Mirror of the persona Arsene. He is of the Magician Arcana with the persona Phantom, the Mirror of Ren Amamiya. He is a second-year at Hanafu Academy and happens to be both Otoji's classmate and neighbor. Hato works part-time at a local cafe after school and often likes to put flair into his job efforts with ease; a trait that has made him a welcome sight at the establishment. He's given nicknames to the other two ('Toji and 'Aki).
    • There is more information but that would but spoilers, wouldn't it? At least, for those outside of the team.
Click here to join the development server and get any live updates!

Last edited:

Essention

Essential
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's been three days so time to share an update! I managed to record a sample of a battle test (from the debug map I made) to showcase what I have for a proof of concept. I have intended for the summoning skills to focus on the user then it would focus on the persona before the camera resets but that didn't work as planned... Then I have to fix the sprite orientation after using skills that make them move to enemy and back to home. But even so, I've got something! The Navigator skill selection is a placeholder until I figure out what's a good method to replicate that system.

I hope there's some interest in this! I actually managed to recruit another Engineer (who works directly in the RPG Maker engine) so... Progress?

Essention

Essential
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So far I have one other member on the team but that's from another project I've attempted to work on and was part of the team once. I also have auditions being held for the VA spots on Casting Call Club if you would like to visit that. Portfolios are accepted for the artist spots and composer spot on the page, too. I hope there's some interest in this; I've worked hard on the lore.

Morpheus

Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Do you have a discord or anything set up to chat?

Essention

Essential
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have a discord or anything set up to chat?
I have actually mentioned that in the first post! It's fully created by now so if you wanna peek in I can DM an invite!

EDIT: In fact, the new member I mentioned is a second engineer for putting everything in place! Working on project sync is something we'll have to talk about...

Morpheus

Jack-of-Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have actually mentioned that in the first post! It's fully created by now so if you wanna peek in I can DM an invite!

EDIT: In fact, the new member I mentioned is a second engineer for putting everything in place! Working on project sync is something we'll have to talk about...
Please do!

Essention

Essential
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update time! Well, sort of. I just wanted to make this post a link to the Casting Call Club page for VA auditions! It'll help keep things organized and stuff while I decide on who would fit each role.

An additional VA role has been added, too, so feel free to check everything out!
Click here for the page!

Last edited:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks interesting and i hope it will reach its potential.

Also want to give kudos for listig concept artist in there Besides regular artists as this iis often overlooked appearantly. Sadly im not in a situation where I could commit myself or I definetly would have.

Best wishes with this :)

Essention

Essential
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks interesting and i hope it will reach its potential.

Also want to give kudos for listig concept artist in there Besides regular artists as this iis often overlooked appearantly. Sadly im not in a situation where I could commit myself or I definetly would have.

Best wishes with this :)
Thank you! I hope for the best in terms of the entire project!

Essention

Essential
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm happy to share that we've got a VA on the team now for Otoji! Additional open VA roles have been made for four other positions so please check out the Casting Call Club link for more details and to submit an audition! The original post will be updated accordingly!

Essention

Essential
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In an additional good news update, Hato has been casted now as well! Two out of the three leads are now given voices! The other roles available on the Casting Call Club page are still available for auditions! In the meantime, I'm still working on and refining the battle system and I'm hoping to get a good plugin for battle voices outside of the official one provided so I can share the results. But rest assured, progress is still being made!

Essention

Essential
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good news! Naruaki has been casted AND I've gotten battle voice clips working! Here's a video snippet of a portion of the results.
Considering the only lines I have so far are from the VAs for Otoji and Hato alongside the VA for Naruaki just being recently casted, nothing's been done for Naruaki's battle clips yet. Either way, keep an eye out for more updates! Team recruitment is still going on with both engineers and artists of all types of top priority.

Essention

Essential
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updates this week! Or so. I dunno. But anyway! Battle clips have been submitted for Naruaki and more have been submitted for Hato so be on the lookout for another showcase in the future! Also, the development server has been revamped to allow public followers to join in! If you're wanting to follow development, I'll have the invite link on the original post and on my profile. Until the next update!

Essention

Essential
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While I still need VAs for the last open roles on the casting call page, concept artists are definitely needed for a whole bunch of things! Please let me know if you're interested, I'll be happy to look through any portfolios sent to me.

Essention

Essential
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have good news to share! Progress has been going great and the first demo has been released! It's only for the battle system, though, and I did add some flavor related to testing other things. You'll have to join the development server, however, to get the link! This is both to gauge interest in following and as a precaution to some issues. You can find the link to the server on the original post!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People3_3 and People3_4 added!

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olixproductions