BGM in Editor wont play after Listening to multiple tracks (MV)

D-D-D-Dan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is more of a inconvenience than a actual issue.
When I listen to several BGM SE and other tracks using MV to find one I like for my map the Program wont play any BGM SE or what have you until I restart MV. Is this a known Issue or something on my end?
Is there a fix or do I just have to deal with it?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this is the first time I heard something like this, so it might be something on your computer.
However since that is something not everyone does it might not be.

what version of the editor are you running? (version number, OS, steam or standalone?)

D-D-D-Dan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Currently not at Home. Using the steam version under windows 10. Version number I think is 1.6 something but I can't confirm until I'm home

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1.6.0 was extremely buggy and in fact revoked due to the bugs, 1.6.1 was OK and 1.6.2 is the newest one.
hope you don't have 1.6.0, but if you set steam to autoupdate you should be on 1.6.2

other than that I have no idea, you'll have to wait until someone either can confirm that it happens to him or if no one has the same problem you'll need to look at your audiodrivers.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've had this happen as well, and I'm on 1.6.2.
I'm on Win10, Steam version. Whenever that happens I just have to close MV and then re-open it.
If this only happens with Win10, maybe that's what the problem is?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nobody said it only happens with Windows 10. I suspect it's more likely to be a 1.6.2 thing than a Windows 10 thing.

When it happens, can you try to play a BGM from outside of the editor and see if it works okay? Then go back and try in the editor again (without closing) to see if it makes a difference?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wasn't saying that anyone had said it only happens in Win10, I was just speculating based off of the only common element I could immediately see (both of us using Win10)
Yeah, I've tried that a couple of times before.
For me, playing it outside of the editor works just fine when that happens. However, going back to the editor without closing it still doesn't work, the track doesn't play in MV until I close the editor and re-open it.
1.6.2 isn't the only version I've had this happen. I'm not sure which version I was on when it first happened, but I know this is something that happened before 1.6.2.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The other common element was that you were both listening to multiple BGMs in a row, and both using 1.6.2. At that stage you had not said you've had the issue in older versions.

I wonder, when you listen to multiple audios in a row, do you press the Stop button before moving onto the next, or do just let one play, then click the next, then click Play again? If you usually do the latter, does it make any difference if you listen to one then press Stop before listening to the next?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
True.
That could be part of the issue, perhaps. I could try testing that, since thankfully everything else still works when this happens.
Usually I try to click Stop between playing audio, but sometimes if I'm trying to test multiple sounds at once I'll forget. Though I feel like sometimes it happens after I leave the editor open for a long time, I can't be sure if that'd be part of it as well or not.

D-D-D-Dan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright. So yeah its the 1.6.2 version.

I wonder, when you listen to multiple audios in a row, do you press the Stop button before moving onto the next, or do just let one play, then click the next, then click Play again? If you usually do the latter, does it make any difference if you listen to one then press Stop before listening to the next?
At first i thought that just using play and jumping from track to track
could be the issue so i used the
stop button after every track but that didnt seem to make a difference

When it happens, can you try to play a BGM from outside of the editor and see if it works okay? Then go back and try in the editor again (without closing) to see if it makes a difference?
Outside of the Editor everything is working fine. I thought it may be a audio driver issue so i tested this. Sorry i didnt mention that in my first post.

I currently cant test if its a Windows 10 only issue. Just formatted my Linux Laptop and installed win :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hello folks, I'm an old member deciding to reenter the forum. Greetings :D
When a parent (of a less than adult aged child) is like
"Oh, I'm like a friend to my child. We're friends."
I'm like
"Oh, that kid's gonna suck...."
Baby tiger gets a belly rub! ^.^
Ami
--- Friendship System ---

(F.Mage and F.Healer's FP is 100)
F.Mage: We did it! we can beat the monster easily!
F.Healer: With the Friendship System,we got stronger thanks to you F.Mage (Hugging)
F.Mage: (Blushing) Ahh...don't say like that. we are Best Friend Forever.
(In Distand)
M.Mage: They look happy...
M.Healer: Yeah...always like that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vonerd