BGM not playing, even with all plugins disabled

cuby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi all, I'm having a bizarre but sadly major issue. At some point in development, my project has lost the ability to play background music. Used to work fine! I wish I noticed the point where this happened.

I've disabled all plugins, and problem persists.

I started a new project, and there is no issue playing music. I moved my .ogg file into the new project, and it plays without issue. But in my actual project, no go. Nothing at all plays, not the stock BGM or my own custom music.

That leaves me in a bit of limbo. I have no clue what I could have done to cause this issue, as I don't generally change existing RPGM files, and with all plugins disabled, and the problem persisting, that leaves me at a loss as to how to proceed with troubleshooting. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Sound effects played in-game work fine. I tried an event that played BGM, and it also would not work. The issue is specifically with BGM somehow.

All BGM sound fine in the selection menu when you can preview the music. I hear the music just fine. But when testing the game, it's just silence.

Desperate for some insight -- thank you! :LZScheeze: :LZSgrin: :LZScheeze:

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does it play in the Audio Manager in the editor?

The most obvious thing that I can think of is that you may have gone into Options at some point and changed the BGM volume to 0.

cuby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does it play in the Audio Manager in the editor?

The most obvious thing that I can think of is that you may have gone into Options at some point and changed the BGM volume to 0.
I knew it was something just this idiotically simple.

Shaz, thank you so much for your help here and your plugins too. You are indispensible!

Solved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

so, ive been gone for too long when i log in and see that everything is where is shouldn't be. XD
Steam killing my eyes.. I forgot why I use it only when I have no other choice
Making a map, my brain went "Look, Mjölnir!" as I plotted out a sacrificial entrance.

Actually, it went, "Look, hammer. Wait, Thor's hammer!"
CG tile rendering, take 3: windows.
which section you guys think looks more accurate to the perspective? left or right?

for reference, this is what it looks like "at street level"
Okay, Animal Crossing is remarkably addictive and exceptionally calming. I've been playing it pretty exclusively... like... 6 hours a day. Been a while since I've been this engrossed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlin