BGMs won't play and game won't extract

Discussion in 'RPG Maker XP' started by Lord Vectra, May 29, 2018.

1. Lord Vectra

Lord Vectra Master Eventer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    So, I need help with this Rpg Maker XP project (again). Sometimes, I want to strangle it and move on to Vx or Ace, but it'll be harder to do the project in other programs.

No music will play. It won't play in testplay or when I actually play it, and the two boxes referring to sound by pressing F1 are both checked, and my computer is reading that it's giving sound, but I hear nothing. The sound DOES work if I'm playing it through sound test. And no, there are no scripts that affect it and it is only this project.

2nd issue is it won't extract (at least when encrypted). It gets stuck at game.rssad and then just says "not responding" and that happens even when I turn my antivirus off (I have to do that when extracting Ace Projects).

Any help would be appreciated.

2. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Is it no BGM at all or is it only some songs? I had an issue once where only one song wouldn't play and it worked fine when I converted it to another format.

What's exactly not responding? Does it say "RGSS Player Not Responding" or is it another error?
    How big is your project file? Is it bigger than 128MB? If so, the encrypter can't handle it, but Zeriab has a fix for that.

For future reference, we prefer to keep different issues seperate.

3. Lord Vectra

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Is it no BGM at all or is it only some songs? I had an issue once where only one song wouldn't play and it worked fine when I converted it to another format.
    All songs including BGS, ME, and SE

What's exactly not responding? Does it say "RGSS Player Not Responding" or is it another error?
    Do you know how that bar shows up that tells you the progress of the extraction? That isn't responding.

How big is your project file? Is it bigger than 128MB?
    Ah, yes it is. 131MB. Didn't know that information.

For future reference, we prefer to keep different issues separate.
    I was going to make separate posts, but I didn't know how people would feel about that, so I just went with the safe option and combined them.

4. slimmmeiske2

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Are those custom music/songs/sound effects? Or do the RTP BGM/BGS also not play?
    What music formats are they in?

5. Lord Vectra

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Nothing plays including the RTP. RTP is it's natural extension ".mid"

If it helps, I fixed it last night by creating a new project and copying ALL the files over (I don't know HOW that worked but it did). I still want the solution in case it happens again.

6. slimmmeiske2

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Maybe your project file got corrupted and that's why? Never heard of this error before, so I have no idea :aswt:

Glad you solved it though.

7. Lord Vectra

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    But the project file was also copied over. I copied it back over to the original folder to see if it would work, but it only wouldn't work in that folder. I was going to rename the new folder to the old one but I'm too scared to do that XD