RMMV Bhavacakra Adventures 0.3.3

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by sura_tc, Jun 28, 2017.

1. sura_tc

sura_tc Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Patch note version 0.3.0

There is actually no game content added but two major changes and another major change is in progress.

New quest plugin

I was using Gamus’s guest plugin and I was okay with it. I felt it could be better but there was nothing better. When I encountered news that Yanfly released his own quest plugin, my mind was already set on changing.

Changing the quest plugin midway into the game meant I had to go through every plugin command lines and alter them. But it has been done. I am now able to add small tips to quest logs as well as several improvements.

This, of course, means a new start is required.

Matured ship supply consumption system

The original ship supply consumption system was a series of common events linked together without any plugin. I didn’t use a plugin because I didn’t know one I needed existed.

While I was working on my other project, I came across a plugin I could use to improve the system. But implementing it would require a restart. Then since I was already implementing a new quest plugin, this was a no-brainer.

New icons (in progress)

I didn’t really intended to change the icons but I came across an inexpensive but quality pack which really suited my needs. I am making some on my own as well. On 0.3, you will see some changes on icons. More will be replaced later on.

All in all, those two major changes meant I decided to move on from 0.2 and version reaches 0.3.

Minor changes are noted as below.

1. Maco’s party no longer disbands upon turning in a quest. Now, when you turn in more than one quests, you won’t missing out friendship increase.

2. Rest skill (Guard) now gifts the user 20% in evasion, helping actors to survive until a heal comes in.

ss_18.jpg

2. sura_tc

sura_tc Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Patch note version 0.3.1

As per my internal roadmap, version 0.3.x will focus on custom menu as well as cosmetic stuff.

1. The first custom menu background has been added. It’s viewable on load and option menu. The others are just placeholders at the moment.

2. A side quest “The wild side of wool” has been added to the wool shop in Alca.

3. Chapter 6 guild mission “To Ugi isle!” has been added.

4. Shops now have their own background images. Most will be generic images but few will be unique like Marat’s weapon shop in Eton. This feature unfortunately conflicts with buy-only traders. Therefore, I’ve disabled it and there is no more trading posts in settlements. Instead, they will act like pawn shops, buying every junk you have. I’ve made it so that you can only sell stuff at the pawn shops. (Prefer to the spoiler screenshots.)

5. And more new icons to replace old ones.

ss_15.jpg
    ss_16.jpg

3. sura_tc

sura_tc Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Patch note version 0.3.2

As per my internal roadmap, version 0.3.x will focus on custom menu as well as cosmetic stuff.

1. Maco’s potential romantic interest has been given a total remake. He has been given a name first of all. His name is Pierre Gignac, the second son of the Gignac (Dolle) family. He has been given a new CG face and bust image. He will become available as a non-guild party member at one point. His class will be lumberjack (Axe user).

2. General menu and quest backgrounds have been finalized. (Prefer to the spoiler screenshots)

3. Some more progression into Ugi mine quest line.

sshot_23.jpg
    sshot_24.jpg

4. sura_tc

sura_tc Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Patch note version 0.3.3

1. A side quest “Where the hell is my ore?!” added to Jalfti smith guild.

2. Custom background image for items is done.

3. Alca scholar’s guild has its head master now who has a story of her own in another game I am making. But it’s an adult game, so I won’t mention it here.