RMMV Bhavacakra version 1.2.3A

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by sura_tc, May 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]
    Game website
    Download (1.2.3A)

[​IMG]
    Bhavacakra (Meaning the Wheel of Life) is a fantasy RPG game made in RPG Maker MV.

The game is typical in a sense that nothing stands out. It has a main plot, choices, and side quests. The focus of this game is lives, people's lives. And their lives are side quests. This game boosts 90+ side quests in around 30 ~ 40 hours gameplay. There are also three endings with one ending leading to post game world.

You play as Juan, a young country man from a village of Loche. There is a rumor that a war is going to break out. As you explore the world, the war does break out, leaving you three choices.
    You can either fight for your country OR fight against your country. And, finally, you can turn your back on the war. Whichever choice you make, Juan's life changes for good.
    [​IMG]
    There are several things I focused while making this game.

• The game world is consisted of four nations, with each nations containing about 2 major cities and 3 ~ 4 small villages. There is an exception though; there is an off world nation. All in all, I consider the game world to be fairly large.

• I did mention 90+ quests. They are side quests. Few get complicated and will go into post game. Some are hard. Some are simple fetch quests. But side quests will have stories to tell. This game is about lives. Oh, and defeat the big evil thing. Actually, no, there is no real evil being to defeat in the game. But the wheel of life works in mysterious ways.

• Monsters do not drop money at all. Why should they? They drop their body parts instead. You either sell them to proper places (trading posts) for bigger profits or use them to cook.

• Main characters and other important characters have unique CG portrait. The game also contains CG scenes I made.

• You can pursue your relationship with your heroine all the way into marriage if you so desire.

[​IMG]

This is Juan, the main character of the game. You will control him and make decisions for him. Depending on your choices, he can become an adventurer or he can fight for his country against a national invasion or even fight against his country.
    21 years old at the start of the game.

[​IMG]

Sue is pretty much the heorine of the game. She becomes Juan's girlfriend shortly into the game and marries Juan if it is his choice later on. Seemingly carefree, she has some darkside to her due to her lonely upbringing. She starts out as a village hunter and later becomes a professional archer.
    22 years old at the start of the game.

[​IMG]

Decon is a scholar from Alcella. He is intelligent but sometimes lacks common sense. He is found captured by Red Turban bandits and rescued later on by either Juan or Maco. After that, he tags along with Juan. Depending on Juan's choices, he may leave the party.
    29 years old at the start of the game.

[​IMG]

Marat is a weapon vendor. Well, she is a weapon seller in Cizna department store. She is under heavy debt when found by Juan. After getting her out of debt, she joins Juan and Co. Depsite of her petite physique, she acts mature and can persuade people a lot better than others.
    Age unknown.
    [​IMG]
    bhavacakra_shot_04072017.png Bhavacakra_screenshot_1.jpg Bhavacakra_screenshot_2.jpg Bhavacakra_screenshot_3.jpg Bhavacakra_screenshot_4.jpg 0100.png

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  2. rpg_oldy

rpg_oldy Warper Member

First Language:
    German
    Hello sura_tc,
    first: your "official game page" link gets to a "404" site error...

so, i played for some time and find the game verry OK. ;-))
    But: I think ther are some Bugs (sorry, dont take notes for them) especially in Plot3
    I think some switches and teleports are messed up seriously.(teleport to Prewar world?)
    Finally i reached Postgame aaannnd............ nothing... thougt game is complete????
    Thanks for your good work, keep on going.

Best regards

sura_tc likes this.
  3. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Fixed the link.
    I wish you could have noted the bug. The game has a lot of places... It's hard to pin down the incorrect teleport. Even the general area would be great help. Otherwise, I'd need to spend over an hour just going through locations.

The postgame is the ending actually. They (Juan and Co) were merely Gods' toys in the end.

What was your gameplay hours?

P.S. Bhavacakra Adventures (Basically Bhavacakra 2) is in works.
    http://twoclusters.com/bhavacakra-adv

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  4. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Patch note version 1.0.1

Post game will be Bhavacakra 2. There are several reasons for this. A major reason was my desire to increase the game resolution to 720p so that I could add bust images.

Another was a battle plugin that has become obsolete. (YEP CTB plugin)

There are numerous other reasons but this would get too long.

1. There were some unassigned (unused) NPCs in the village Myzer. They’ve been removed.

2. A bug in a side quest during plot 3 would take you to pre-war location. This side quest is available both in pre-war and plot 3 and I apparently didn’t check it thorough enough. This has been fixed.

3. Added a message that postgame will be Bhavacakra 2 in the postgame home.

5. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Patch note version 1.0.2

1. A bug was reported where the player would be unable to leave a room upon being given the best weapon of your choice at Jalfti blacksmith guild. It’s been fixed.

2. Ssiet’s face and character sprite has been updated. It is now using Bhavacakra 2’s updated face and sprite.

Marquise* likes this.
  6. Finjima

Finjima Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This Bug in quest 3 for Michael’s new bird (Ryin) There is no Glenn anywhere to be found in current version 1.0.2 not in general store, just shop keeper in there. need this quest to start other quests to get better bow later on.

7. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Glenn is a farmer and should be on one of the fields.

Either way, I will check it when I have a chance.

Edit: I do not believe the quest is bugged. Glenn is out on field for that quest.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  8. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Patch note version 1.0.3

1. There was a case of a side quest (Michael's new bird) becoming bugged when triggered too late into the game. This has been corrected.
    2. A quest werewolf isn't supposed to appear unless its related quest but it shows up anyway. The werewolf has kindly been shown a door to Hell. (fixed)

9. norman

norman Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    hello.
    it's still bugged.
    can't get the dolle family to move.

10. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It is not bugged as far as I can see. They just don't instantly move. They are relocating their whole town after all.

11. norman

norman Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    hello.
    so what do i do now in the game.

12. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I believe I've mentioned to you before. If you'd like spoilers/walkthrough, they are available on my website @ http://twoclusters.com/

13. Finjima

Finjima Warper Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    well I went back and talked to the police and he have me Miracle powder again with the same bugged part, u still have my save?

14. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Patch note version 1.1.0
    A large update.
    I decided to cancel Bhavacakra 2 (post game) and stick with this. Therefore, I needed to lay groundworks for post game expansion.
    And this update lays groundwork for upcoming postgame expansion. JS files were updated (Which I had refused to do in fear of breaking things) and new assets were added.

• Game resolution has been increased to 1050 x 650 pixel. While this is short of 720p I prefer, this resolution is a compromise. It’s a small increase enough for me not to re-do all hundreds of dialog right away, yet it provides more space for text and combat.
    • With the resolution increase, titlescreen CG has been replaced. Also, most of Cgs (including battlebacks) have been re-rendered to fit the new resolution.
    • Jack and Akatoob sprites were updated along with their CG faces.
    • Sue’s shooting star skill has a new animation.
    • If you’ve finished the game, you can now finally leave the home and see the new Ezona. You can’t leave Ezona yet however and Ezona itself isn’t complete. (You will get a cut scene.)
    • Characters in battle will no longer show an animation, thus giving a delay, when using skills. This had me annoyed for a while but I couldn’t find a solution until I started to work on Bhavacakra Adventures.
    • It looks like I left door sound on most of entries/exits in early part of the game. I think I removed most of them.
    • Capital of Baldar has been relocated slightly. It was on a wrong location (lore wise).
    • Capital cities are now using custom tilesets on world map.

Patch note version 1.1.1
    This is an emergency bug-fix release. Someone has been diligently reporting bugs for me, thank you.

• Jordin blacksmith guild at Hyurps was found not melting MQ black iron ore. It’s been straightened out.
    • One of quests from Cyro police, Miracle powder, had its quest NPC appearing without triggering the quest, thus potentially bugging its entire quest if a player triggered him outside of the quest. He’s been told to hide.
    • A tileset mishap on my part allowed a player to skip Bruroke pirate reputation requirement and directly talk to the boss. It’s been corrected.

With those three bug fixes out of the way, here is content update.

• Using First Seed Material tileset, Tobas and Mont have been redesigned. Replacing the stock tileset with FSM and others is my long term goal. Those two were chosen because they were small and were associated with little quests.
    • Mercenary’s guard & steel stance have been altered. I felt it was too overpowered. The new guard/steel stances now work like this. They last 3 turns and one cannot act at all during. In return, it gives massive damage reduction (Originally the skills simply increased defense.) and counterattack.

Marquise* likes this.
  15. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Patch note version 1.1.3

Updated postgame walkthrough has been posted on the website. Of course, it is not complete. It will be updated as more postgame content is released.

1. I’ve updated the game’s quest script. In doing so, it created a small issue. On existing saves, existing quest steps are erased. Quests themselves work fine. It’s just that quest step records are gone. I needed to update the script in order to fix text wrapping issue.

2. World map has been customized. It is my own RTP edit. It took me a while to find the right balance.

3. The starting village, Loche, has been redesigned. It is using the same layout as the one from Bhavacakra Adventures.

4. Postgame has some contents now. Two postgame quests have been added which should add an hour of game content.

5. Bug fixes and spelling/grammar corrections. These are gradual progress.
    v113_update1.png
    v113_update2.png
    v113_update3.png

Marquise* likes this.
  16. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Patch note version 1.1.4

• There was a major bug that’d prevent story advancement in plot 3. It’s been fixed.
    • There was a tileset setup issue with redesigned Loche.
    • This is also a big one. Eton has been redesigned. Because there are numerous quests involving the location, it was no easy feat and I’ve probably created bugs in doing so.
    • Bug fixes and spelling/grammar corrections. These are gradual progress.
    Patch note version 1.1.5

• Game resolution has seen a slight increase due to text being cut at the end. It went from 1050 x 650 to 1100 x 650. Most of CG were not re-rendered to fit. Instead, they will stretch to fit.
    • If you have played the game, you may have wondered what was up with a quest called “Forbidden story” since it doesn’t seem to do anything other than occupying a spot in quest log. Well, the quest will progress once you go past postgame Ezona dungeon level 4 with a cutscene. This quest was meant to progress in postgame.
    • Postgame Ezona cave is now available up to level 5… How far will I go, I wonder. If you’ve completed plot 2 of the game, there is a hint on how far I should go.
    • Eton redesign bugged “Those in need” & “Moving to Eton” quests. It’s been fixed.

17. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi,

Played the game for a while, not sure if I'm getting the hang of it... Well some feedback:

· On the red turbant base, there's no battleback, the fights are somewhat ugly.
    · The message of "*** is the ex-boss!!" Is a bit repetitive, consider using a random variable to switch between different messages or something.
    · After leaving Maco with the red turbants, got my reward but not clue of what to do next. BTW If if get a random encounter with those guys I'm dead, even after some levels and the boost.
    · You can get water over and over in cities?
    · The character portraits are nice, likes much more the one of my recent party companion that the main char portrait though.

Thanks for the game! many things that can be polished, need more dialogue scripts and more detail in mapping, but is playable (other games I tested recently didn't get to this mark). Keep it up!

18. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Water is the basic and the most common ingredient in cooking, so yes, water is easy to come by... until you hit postgame.

After Maco leaves, you need to have a fateful encounter. Since it is fateful encounter, I chose not to give out any hints.

There are places that have no battleback, sorry.

The entire map is under redesign progress since, when I was making the game a year ago, I just had no clue and didn't even know there were 3rd party tilesets. But redesign is a painful progress due to number of quests involved, so it's coming progressively. There are, so far, four places that have been redesigned: Loche, Eton, Tobas, and Poro.

Lastly, thank you for playing the game. It has around 40 ~ 60 hours of content.

19. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Consider even using other battlebacks even generic ones after leaving scenes without battlebacks, the difference is huge :p

40-60h? That quite some content! I'll keep playing from time to time.

20. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well I played a few more hours... I can't advance.

Got to the point that you supposedly need to get the second quest from vidic but the message about "I will have something for you soon" disappeared (got it out exploring other towns changing any switch? need to be lvl 10 of any specific class? I'm a merc) and therefore I guess I'm locked out. What a pity, I was getting the hang of the game.