- Jul 6, 2016
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Bhavacakra (Meaning the Wheel of Life) is a fantasy RPG game made in RPG Maker MV.
The game is typical in a sense that nothing stands out. It has a main plot, choices, and side quests. The focus of this game is lives, people's lives. And their lives are side quests. This game boosts 90+ side quests in around 30 ~ 40 hours gameplay. There are also three endings with one ending leading to post game world.
You play as Juan, a young country man from a village of Loche. There is a rumor that a war is going to break out. As you explore the world, the war does break out, leaving you three choices.
You can either fight for your country OR fight against your country. And, finally, you can turn your back on the war. Whichever choice you make, Juan's life changes for good.
There are several things I focused while making this game.
- The game world is consisted of four nations, with each nations containing about 2 major cities and 3 ~ 4 small villages. There is an exception though; there is an off world nation. All in all, I consider the game world to be fairly large.
- I did mention 90+ quests. They are side quests. Few get complicated and will go into post game. Some are hard. Some are simple fetch quests. But side quests will have stories to tell. This game is about lives. Oh, and defeat the big evil thing. Actually, no, there is no real evil being to defeat in the game. But the wheel of life works in mysterious ways.
- Monsters do not drop money at all. Why should they? They drop their body parts instead. You either sell them to proper places (trading posts) for bigger profits or use them to cook.
- Main characters and other important characters have unique CG portrait. The game also contains CG scenes I made.
- You can pursue your relationship with your heroine all the way into marriage if you so desire.
This is Juan, the main character of the game. You will control him and make decisions for him. Depending on your choices, he can become an adventurer or he can fight for his country against a national invasion or even fight against his country.
21 years old at the start of the game.
Sue is pretty much the heorine of the game. She becomes Juan's girlfriend shortly into the game and marries Juan if it is his choice later on. Seemingly carefree, she has some darkside to her due to her lonely upbringing. She starts out as a village hunter and later becomes a professional archer.
22 years old at the start of the game.
Decon is a scholar from Alcella. He is intelligent but sometimes lacks common sense. He is found captured by Red Turban bandits and rescued later on by either Juan or Maco. After that, he tags along with Juan. Depending on Juan's choices, he may leave the party.
29 years old at the start of the game.
Marat is a weapon vendor. Well, she is a weapon seller in Cizna department store. She is under heavy debt when found by Juan. After getting her out of debt, she joins Juan and Co. Depsite of her petite physique, she acts mature and can persuade people a lot better than others.