RMMV Bhavacakra version 1.2.3A

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by sura_tc, May 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Didn't know you could get out of Bella!! Great, I'll check it later!

Thanks!

2. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow, I advanced a lot in side quests, just need to fulfill a few to get to the war.

BTW was paying the whole mortgage the way to rise affection to 5, then is the spa second event.

Supposedly I need "Attack on bandits" quest, but I don't get it to appear, I guess I need to do first the "Werewolf on loose" quest also given by Cyro police, but I don't know where to start, registered Eton capital and Cyro, not sure where to go next.

Any help would be great! If not, tomorrow I will register all towns... again. Maybe I do anyways because I still miss a few minor quests :p

Marquise* likes this.
  3. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    It's the last quest on Cyro police arc. Yes, you probably do need to finish that quest. She's in Tito, a dying hamlet. And do not kill her unless you want to ruin your post game.

I didn't realize at first but the game does really have a lot of quests. I don't know how I pulled it off.

4. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Indeed, I'll give you full feedback on the game when I finish with it, I'm noting down minor issues meanwhile.

Thanks for the help!!

5. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, advanced through half of plot III... I was able to complete most of the side quests.

I traveled and spoken to every person in every town looking for Ssiet (with no luck),

I got the dragon scale and I think that something is messed up in my game (surely related to traveling every town and talking every person), now the boat travel to island of death is blocked again and The priestess doesn't unlock any dialogue, so I'm stuck.

This is a good time to release most of my bugs feedback, I have noted them during all my game, here goes nothing!

Juan Ryin's home entrance doesn't fade out in black and seems weird. Also house walls there doesn't have collision. You should check the tileset collisions.

Screen wide animation for skills doesn't match the screen, I guess you widened the screen, you could batch-augment the zoom of the animations to fix it quickly.

Bigger chemical flasks doesn't make any noise when used, feels weird. The animation is not adapted to the screen size.

Crocodiles in the water cave that ends at the the wind cave have collision one cell south of the picture.

The new Ezona doesn't have a name when you enter the city, also only water sound, no music. Lith also doesn't have the map name when you enter.

Pre-war, the blue house with the rounded door at north of Cyro transports you to a house at the south when you exit.

You can restart the police main quest later in the quest chain (the one that the chief gives you when you have a badge) if you talk to the guy again. Doesn't break the game though.

After finishing Vidic quests, I entered Vidic house again I got the pouch.. again. Somehow I got the converstation from silverwright's buttler avout vivic pouch. And the stranger waiting outside... Did that part and everything Ok.

The blacksmith at Bruroke is broken. Doesn't refine LQ BLack iron, and MQ black iron is refined without consuming nor checking MQ ingots (for free).

If you go rescue Maco's brother and exit the camp by the north, you end up in the pre-war world.

In plot 3, got an update of the zombie couple quest on plot 3, when the quest was already completed. Got it from the man in red at the family house on the same town.

In war if I mains house at Alca there is a duped party people sat in the middle (from the decision scene) :p

Got Gynac husband 2 and 3 at the same time, found Gina in plot 3 in a bar... that made her join me but I cannot enter the hospital.

Stuck with Gignac family issue even if I made the marriage quest for Sue's friend, the quest is never cancelled or completed.

The SPA second scene... I was with Sue at the lead of the party formation so... There were two Sues at the Spa room! (this can be solved with a script I found to force the party leader before the events: "$gameParty.swapOrder($gameActors.actor(1).index(),$gameParty.leader().index());").

6. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    The bugs will take some time to iron out.

Meanwhile, I did find a teleport that'd get you to pre-war wold at Ezona pass which was fixed in 1.1.8. Unless you wish to use an earlier save, I can correct it for you if you provide me zip of your save file folder.

As for Ssiet...
    The village of life.

7. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you could take a look... something else may have been messed up because I didn't saw Ssiet at that location. You can also check about the quests bugs if you want.

http://www.ninakoru.com/downloads/Bhavacakra_save2.rar

About the bugs is totally up to you, specially the visual ones, is just a feedback, as long as they are not game-breaking...

Thanks again!

8. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Your problem was that you were exploring in pre-war world, so obviously Ssiet wasn't going to be there. I simply teleported the players to plot 3 world and she is there now.

Most of bugs you reported have been fixed internally except for a few which I have no idea how you got it in the first place.

Gina's husband bug is probably caused by being in pre-war world. I think this scenario applies to your bugged Dolle quest as well.
    Those two shouldn't affect your gameplay though.

And the bug with Vidic should be specific only for you due to a fix I applied in your save game earlier.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  9. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great, thank you.

By 'fixed internally' you mean they will be fixed on next version update? I'll move to the 1.1.8 version anyways.

10. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Yes, fixed on my harddrive but hasn't made it live. It will be on 1.1.9.

11. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi,

I got straight past the game end, and played some of the postgame. Is a good moment to make a review.

Please don't take my criticism the bad way, I do it so you can contrast my impression as end gamer with yours and if anything, enhance your future projects (or this game updates!)

I have to say that first of all, the overall feeling is GREAT. First all the good things:

I have to say the story and the world you created is frankly good, I really like the end twist and all the revelations, is quite a boom, really well driven.

One thing about the combat is that is usually fast against randoms, some people make huge damage sponges for random enemies, that makes the battle pace horrible.

The progression and story is revealed bit by bit, there are not huge walls of text, and no unnecessary lengthy scenes. Sometimes due to the creator devotion they end up with long boring scenes. Not here.

Also there's a lot of story/ quest content, and decently executed. You really did a huge effort with the game, the amount of content for a RPG Maker game is HUGE, with three branches mid-way. It took me more than 40h to get to the postgame.

Making all the logic for so much quests is a titanic task to accomplish. I made about 100 quests between plot and pre-war quests. I think the quests are varied, is not like repeating the same quests with different context all the time.

The game overall is not easy, I somehow like that. Battles can be unforgiving (but usually fast), also quests (here I think you overdid it a bit). Is not a bad sign, on these days there's more focus casual gaming, and I've been playing RPG games from 20 years... Is really appreciated.

I liked a lot all the different icons for items and skills, I missed an icon for Marat's Dance revolution, one ofthe most used skills.

Now the not so good things:

The game is less stable on the war plots. Still gone by mistake to the pre-war world a few times. I learned that going to the ezonia docks and triggering the decision moment back in Alca gets you back to your game progression.

The quests many times are too unclear to follow. I really wandered a lot searching for quest steps, and there are LOTS of cities and towns to visit. I had lots of problems with bruroke chain of quests, you are well aware of that :p (Again a thousand thanks for all the help).

Lack of consistency with helping animations. You have some animated rings that lead to enter/exits of some houses with lateral/upper entrances, but on other places you don't have such help at all, leading sometimes to confusion. I missed a few town exits for a long time because I expected some of that.

Cooking is a bit of a waste of time. The materials needed exceed the final product. Too scarce recipes, most from quests.

Action items are mostly unused. At the end I used mostly stamina items. Mostly beers and jordian vodka, then heal with Decon, later by Ssiet. Status effects were rare and doesn't last after battle.

On the other side I miss some extra helmets/boots, there are not many options during the game. You get Decon ultimate book a bit later he joins the party.

Early the money is scarce, later in the game you quickly have more money than you can use, mainly because the money from many monster items is usually way too high. Missed some way to soak that huge money quantities. I got to the underground lizard shops with 500k gold under my belt, without even trying.

There's a huge difficulty spike early. I couldn't beat much more than rats, the pigs, and the boars. once I was able to kill the (normal) lizards of the cave, I could grind them like mad and money/exp weren't an issue anymore.

Side-quests are unforgiving, if you miss a few side quests, you can miss big things later, and you miss characters/ upgrades on the post-game... too punishing for optional quests.

About combat... Is a bit messy in my opinion. Mostly kill or be killed in one or two blows. Merc is a must until you are truly overpowered. The skills damage scale with each new versions is brutal, but depending on the character, inconsistent. This mostly is what makes some enemies from easy to hard/impossible.

Stat gains are brutal, and the enemy damage is also brutal, you get your stats capped once you get to 1299. There's a point all characters have the same defenses (about 900+), no matter what their specialty is. And thanks god they get to that, because if not, you will be one-shotted. I think has more to do with the damage calculations, as they are subtractions and are quite hard to balance.

About character balance: Warrior is outclassed badly by Mercenary. The Axe is particular is horrible, the extra damage doesn't make up for the huge hit penalty (60%), even with goggles equipped While merc is great with taunt and super defense option, warrior doesn't have anything particularly useful, at least the adventurer had an area attack. This radically changes once you get to warrior Lvl 60 skills, but that's endgame. Marat is the best damage dealer, once she gets to others level, outclasses everyone else (L60 warrior as a close second), and once you get some quest equipment she is fairly durable too, with the HQ sword she's brutal, I initially think of Marat of a wildcard character but she's just too good compared to everyone else.

And the wishlist (well, things that could be improved in my opinion):

About the quests... I really miss the location of the quest given at the description. Also would help greatly if you include any tips for fulfilling the quest, on the quest description and/or said by any party characters/NPCs. Plot 3 quests for instance could be much more traceable because of less towns to wander and character tips.

One thing I missed is some kind of world map. Also would be nice in the ship travels the ship travel even if it's automated. Is hard to see how the world looks like al a whole and where you are located.

If cooking gave EXP, or the cook results far exceeded the material costs, and give powerful unique potions, would be another story.

Would be nice to get some extra shoes/helmets from quests or from some towns. Also few extra books for Decon towards mid/endgame.

When you gain Sue as archer, you lose all her previous equipment, same happens with equipment on characters you wont use on post game. Would be great if those characters were unequipped before leaving the party, as there are so many unique items during the journey.

Some basements and dungeons with light sources... The background is totally black. In some of them could be darker but not necessarily totally black. If you're using terrax light effects, you can change the tint of the non-light areas, the result is quite cool by the way.

Consider exchanging bruroke trade items (leathers) with valura (crystals), or at least some nearby trading for low tier leather... It would help with money at the beginning immensely.

Also consider reviewing some monster item costs, or more ways to use the money, you swim in money midgame and keeps getting worse.

Finally, thanks greatly for this game, I had a good time with the game, saving some wandering for literally hours... :p I will give the game another go sometime in the future for sure, so please keep updating it :)

Keep up the good work!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    sura_tc likes this.
  12. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Thanks for the feedback. There are things gone wrong with it but it is unlikely that I am going to fix those now. The improvements will be in Bhavacakra Adventures most likely.
    Other than updating to the walkthrough files, there aren't much to be done on lack of info on quests.

It was my first RPG Maker game. I don't think I could make another with the same amount of guests.

Sea travel is planned for it (For Adventures game).

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  13. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi again,

I made another playthrough, I was bothered not completing all the quests (yes, I suffer from completionism), especially when it means you have access to fewer characters on the postgame.

I'm near ready to go to war plot part, but I got stuck with the quest of Mealen’s madness. Seems something went wrong and I can't complete the quest, I checked against the older save I can't unlock the last step of the quest, 'Visit the fire temple', so the boss battle doesn't trigger. I you could check it out would be great.

Here's my save folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjppzvamyzld0vh/save_new_game.zip?dl=0

BTW: all the unique equipment that you give to Juan/Marat/Decon is gone on post-game, which is a shame. I would suggest a script that unequip those characters so the equipment is still available post-game. It can be easily done through the change equipment event command and assign them 'None' in each slot.

Anyways I will try to beat the game with non-unique equipment so I can retain those unique pieces (Especially the HQ weapon and tortoise equipment!!).

Thanks!

14. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    As for the equipment being gone, it was actually intentional. The characters themselves are gone, any equipment they had with them would be logically gone also.

As for Juan's equipment...

He is playable later.

Edit: Here is 1.1.9a

The issue you are having with the quest has been known to me. It happens when you finish the father and daughter's quest before you do Maelen's quest.
    I simply removed that step and it should work now.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  15. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I didn't notice the post edit!!

It worked, thanks again for your patience!

16. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    BTW seems there's a fairly important exploit with the free Corlo class change in war time at the guild: The class change gets the EXP of the old class and the new class.

I have a L64 Merc, a L1Warrior and a L1 Archer.

So I go to warrior and gets the EXP up to 64. Then I change to Merc again and both Exp points are merged into a L84 Merc! Then I change to Warrior again, and the Exp is again merged into a L99 Warrior. Every class change will get to L99 from that point.

This also happened on my previous game. But I didn't watch how it goes.

I think of some ways to solve it:

- Easier to implement:on class change, the new class only gets the Exp of the higher value between the previous and the new class.

- Alternative (more elaborate but also a bit more fair): At the first war time free class change, you sum the EXP values of all three classes and apply the resulting value to all three classes. Then turn on a switch. If the switch is turned on, no more EXP merge happens, instead when you change class, the new class gets the same exp of the previous class (will be always equal or higher).

Let me know if you need help with the script to do such thing :)

17. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi again,

Posting overflow! sorry!

I have only an additional issue regarding a side quest.

21. Water issues: Fort Kelgeath is suffering from water qualities issues. A pickaxe can open a path and can lead to an abandoned village. Notifying the fort captain of the existence of the place will lead to survival of the fort members in post game.

I am not able to trigger the pickaxe event, do I need to do something before or is not implemented? I already started the side quest of course.

Thanks!

18. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Their survival was in original plan but was later abandoned. So, you not being able to break open a path is the way it is.

19. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok, I was a bit confused! Thanks for the clarification!

20. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, only three quests to completion I'm on the last chapter of plot 3.

2. Forbidden story: This was the pregnant woman on Fadin. I can't move the quest past that point. I guess it's incomplete?

4. Shewolf’s finale: After seeing her at the Isle of death in can't find her again. I looked in most places with no luck...

15. Infiltration: I made the other Akatoob quest, but this one doesn't trigger when I talk to him. :(

Any guidance would be wonderful. Specially fo the shewolf one (is one of post game characters?)! Thanks!