RMMV Bhavacakra version 1.2.3A

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by sura_tc, May 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Forbidden story has a hell of twist in post game. That quest is meant to be completed in post game.

The shewolf is on the isle. The isle has an additional place to visit to East.

If I recall correctly, Infiltration has very tricky and extremely short window to trigger. Have you looked at the walkthrough file? If you are on the last chapter, you probably missed the window. The quest is okay to miss.

2. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks! I did the quest and went straight to the post-game.

Hi, I am progressing in the post-game. There's no walkthrough coverage at this point. Nevertheless, a quick question

I got to Dolle people underground. One question: There's no quick option to go back to Dolle place once you get back to Akatoob to report?

3. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Visit Juan and Sue's home.

4. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Got it!

Hi, I think I got to the end of current post-game content (got the girl BTW is a great battler!!). There's anything to do in the dead forest? I explored a bit but I didn't find anything.

13. Marriage (plot3): I'm making the ceremony with Decon! (My lead character at the time).

After going my house before just the pursuing the truth 5 I went to pre-war world again :(

If marat is not in the main party for the quest she wakes up at night on the life village, you are not able to control her and you will need to reload.

In post-game, the guy on the merc house in the middle of the stone floor does a kick animation non-stop and bugs the game needing to reload.

When you use the teleport circles on post-game you should be teleported next to them on the post-game home?

I'll be waiting for further updates!

Thanks.

5. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I will fix them in the next update.

At the moment, I am not prioritizing the development of Bhavacakra anymore and am more focusing on Bhavacakra Adv. The post game content was always going to be a bonus.

P.S. Without the werewolf girl party member, I don't think you will be able to defeat the werewolf from Forbidden story quest.

6. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Patch note version 1.1.11

Some new skills were added for Shelna and Ssiet. Do note that, if your characters are already past the level they learn the skills at, you are out of luck. In such a case, go to Juan & Sue’s home and use a basket of water in portal room to reset EXP.

Additionally, random enemy encounter is being phased out for later part of post-game. Players who made it this far should have 50+ hours into the game. Levels and gears should no longer be an issue. I am letting them skip battles if they wish. There will be few unavoidable battles though.

1. Some progress in post game along with a boss battle. With this update, post game is 50% done. Expect some twists in this update and future.

2. The final optional party member, Voyin, can be found in the Dead Forest in post game.

3. Shelna’s skill had Equa’s name in them. It’s been corrected.

4. Some progress in Healing Juan side quest.

5. A new skill for Ssiet: Big grade B healing flask (65).

6. Two new skills for Shelna added: Nail hurricane (75) and MEOW (80).

7. Some bug fixes in plot 3.

7. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi! There's actually a way to regain those skills through scripting. Character regain all skills based on his level and the skills he/she learns through leveling up to his current level.

The only drawback is that if you learn some skill is teach some other way they will be lost, but I think this game doesn't have that kind of skills. Anyways you could replicate any script to learn those skills if needed.

$gameActors.actor(5).initSkills();
    $gameActors.actor(7).initSkills();

Just replace the numbers with the actor Ids for both Shelna and Ssiet.

Please consider using it instead of an EXP reset :)

sura_tc likes this.
  8. Freank

Freank Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Why to use 3D elements in a 2D game?

9. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Adding more depth? Being more dimensional?

sura_tc likes this.
  10. Alastor01

Alastor01 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It’s a style choice. Some people prefer 3D modelling to pixel art / drawing, but want to use 2D game engine. This is the result.
    And they are 2D rendered from 3D. I will do it for my game as well.

sura_tc likes this.
  11. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Version 1.1.12

The (post) game is a patch or two away from full completion. I can finally complete this one and focus on other projects.

1. Side quest "Healing Juan 2" can now be completed.
    2. Post game plot has made some progress.

Ninakoru likes this.
  12. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I realize there is a 72-hour grace period before bumping a thread, but I feel this is an exception.

Version 1.2.0 Final (Mega link)

This is it. With post game completed, the version reaches 1.2 and the game is fully completed. It should now boost a playtime of around 55 hours, give or take 5 hours.

The ending has some twists & final conclusions and I hope you reach there.

No content will be added to the game from this point. Only bug-fixes will be applied.

P.S. This game took around 2 years to complete and this was my first ever RPG Maker game.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    Marquise*, Alastor01 and Ninakoru like this.
  13. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, I finished the post-game. Also I have to say I did every quest in a second playthrough.

The game felt much more fluid this time, because I didn't stuck (I remembered most of the stuff) with certain quests/locations.

I clocked 30+ hours when I finished the post-game, but I knew where to go to most of the time, I would say an normal player on a first playthrought should go from 35 to 45 hours easily.

You partially heal Juan but you never regain his control at the end, isn't it?

The paladin upgrade for Baba didn't change his class at all (still a merc), but he got an about 20 levels boost instead.

Din't get any recipes at all in the post game, I were thinking the octopus legs and the questionable meat were meant for end-game cooking.

I have to say about 3-4 hours total were spent grinding, mostly divided between early game, as there's a difficulty gap between early monsters, ending with the first cave lizardmen, and postgame, to get the L60 skills for Baba and specially Voyin. There's not much grind need if you know where to go.

The ending of the postgame is quite good IMO, nothing to envy to the main game ending. I got the Shewolf, but... if you don't unlock her, the final changes??

BTW the final part of the post-game would have been be beyond tedious If I didn't get Shelna. The dragons and the red dinos are too beefy and without her 'MEOW' skill would have been several minutes per random encounter.

A bit of too much backtracking in the very last part of endgame:
    · Is great to go through the mirrored places for the first time until you find, the "green place".
    · It's OK to go the entire way back to where Jack & CO were (you appreciated the mirror effect fully).
    · Is way too much to backtrack all the way back again to the green place...

By the way you missed to add the light effect on the mirrored places (not sure if it was on purpose but doesn't make much sense to me).

The places in the underground (and many other places) are pitch black. I mean, when using light effects, you can set the non-light opacity with a color, you could make them very obscure but not 100% black ouside lights, the maps would gain a lot visually, with just a simple script.

With terrax lightning is a simple autorun/parallel event with: Plugin command 'Tint set #303030', then Erase Event.

Also there's a very little bug, the 'Boss music' used against the white werewolf isn't turned back to the normal battle music.

I had a really good time with the game, thank you!

14. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Here is my comment.
    Thanks for playing.

I think I totally forgot about the Paladin upgrade. Time to fix that.

The post game was supposed to be really gruesome to beat without the shewolf.

The dragons are supposed to be really powerful, so they are powerful. It's humans vs. dragons. It was never going to be easy.

If you didn't unlock shewolf, the ending about her would be omitted.

The boss music was intentional.

The pitch black places are again intentional. There is absolutely no light source there.

The post game was going to be an entirely new game of its own but I scaled it down. Sacrifices were made and cooking was one of it.

The large amount of backtracking was intentional unfortunately. I, too, didn't like it but, story wise, it had to be done.

Lack of darkness in the mirrored places was intentional, giving you a chance to see what the floors would look without darkness.

15. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You could use a shortcut for the last voyage (after the White monster), like you did in the wind temple travel :p

Anyways, many thanks for the clarifications!

16. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I could have but it was the very last part of the game. I just didn't want to for some reasons.

17. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Version 1.2.1

This patch fixes Baba's bugged class change in post game.

Another change is that I've altered how classes are changed in the game. When I didn't know better, I simply extracted an EXP from a character and changed his/her class with a level reset and then re-applied exp back. Now, class change is done with a single script call. Thanks @Ninakoru for the tip.

18. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm glad to be of help! :)

19. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Version 1.2.2
    Mega link

This is a bug-fix release.
    • In plot 3, Yaelu wasn't supposed to have a ferry line running due to the war. But they were running a ferry line regardless and sending people back to pre-war. I've made sure that they are now on a strike.
    • My patreon link added to the main screen.

20. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Patch note version 1.2.3

I didn’t think I’d release a patch for this game, but here we are. I plan to add few quests I omitted before. (Peeping Tom quest for the spa for an example.)

1. Patreon link removed because it’s no longer active. It’s been replaced with its website link.

2. Some game icons have been upgraded.

3. Majority of plugins were updated. This isn’t something you are going to notice during play.

4. I added Yanfly battle animation speed plugin. This will let you have battles go by a lot faster if you choose to do so.

Marquise* likes this.