Bhavacakra

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by sura_tc, Jul 6, 2016.

1. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Bhavacakra (means the wheel of life) is a game I am currently making with RPG Maker MV.

The plot is based on Two Clusters folk story called the same name (TC Bhavacakra is the original title for it).

Official game website: http://www.twoclusters.com/tc-bhavacakra
    Web version of the game (can be played online): http://www.twoclusters.com/bhavacakra-web-version-ver

Downloadable version (approx 300mb)

Main features

1. A lot of side quests to do, some of which will have its own plots.

2. 3 plot paths. Each of them being completely different than the other.

General plot
    As the game starts, Juan starts to hear about impending war from afar. But him being just a village hunter, his life continues on merrily. He meets Sue and Decon later on and forms a party. He eventually relocated to Alcella due to a trouble with a noble.

When the war breaks out, he has 3 choices: fight for his country | fight against his country | Turn his back on war.

Regardless which choice he makes, it changes everything for him.

Characters

[​IMG]

This is Juan, the main character of the game. You will control him and make decisions for him. Depending on your choices, he can become an adventurer or he can fight for his country against a national invasion or even fight against his country.
    21 years old at the start of the game.

[​IMG]

Sue is pretty much the heorine of the game. She becomes Juan's girlfriend shortly into the game and marries Juan if it is his choice later on. Seemingly carefree, she has some darkside to her due to her lonely upbringing. She starts out as a village hunter and later becomes a professional archer.
    22 years old at the start of the game.

[​IMG]

Decon is a scholar from Alcella. He is intelligent but sometimes lacks common sense. He is found captured by Red Turban bandits and rescued later on by either Juan or Maco. After that, he tags along with Juan. Depending on Juan's choices, he may leave the party.
    29 years old at the start of the game.

[​IMG]

Marat is a weapon vendor. Well, she is a weapon seller in Cizna department store. She is under heavy debt when found by Juan. After getting her out of debt, she joins Juan and Co. Depsite of her petite physique, she acts mature and can persuade people a lot better than others.
    Age unknown.

s13.png

s15.png

s12.png

s16.png

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2016
  2. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  3. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Since my last post, two versions were released.

I simplified the paths. I realized I was going for too many path choices in such early plot. Before this version, there were 4 plot paths. Now it is down to only one. A second path will be added when war breaks out. Until then, I am going for a unified plot plus side quests.

Therefore, the game is now completely different. A fresh restart is required. Otherwise, your game will be bugged.

I played the game and the content so far took me 1:20 minutes. And that was knowing what's where. So far so good.

Decon is now a CG character. He will need to be improved further but he is in CG form now.

Town of Dolle quests (2) are now open. Alderin is also open although there is no quests for that place yet. Etonia is mostly complete, barring missing quest NPCs.

A CG was added to the game which can be seen during Juan’s drinking with Sue in Eton.

CG wise (3D mesh using Blender), Sue is completed. Juan is about 60% completed. Decon is also about 60% Marat is in designing stage. A good thing about 3D is that I can add more details later when I feel like it and re-render it at any angles I want.

Etonia’s neighboring nations, Alcella and Cizna are being progressively worked on. Version 0.0.5 does open a Cizna town, Corlo. Again, no quests there yet.

And two CG scenes made in Blender, featuring the two main characters in the game.

Being-a-man-is-sometimes-hard_TC_Bhavacakra_july_10_2016-sura-tc.jpg

bhavacakra_tavern_argument_juan_sue_2016_july_14_sura-tc.jpg

4. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

The world map is 70% complete.

Two more story quests added. Current content is about 2 and half hours of game play.

M.Attack has been renamed to Intelligence. M.Defense has been renamed to toughness.

Two new monsters were added: Dire wolf and desert tarantula. Dire wolf is in Cizna wilderness. The tarantula is in Baldar which isn’t accessible yet.

Sue’s CG faces have been retaken.

Decon’s CG faces have been retaken as well.

Heavy armors have been added to some shops.

None game related update

I've released chapter 1 of the original story.

http://www.twoclusters.com/original-story

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2016
  5. Freank

Freank Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    but... is it 2D or 3D ? o_O

6. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

2D. I have no skill at drawing cartoonish objects. But I do happen to have some skills at 3D modelling.

Therefore, instead of relying completely on others' artwork, I am using my 3D renders as 2D arts.

Verison 0.0.7 is out meanwhile.

• World map BGM has been added. Dungeon BGM was also added.
    • All cities/town/villages BGM for the moment will use Loche’s BGM. They will have their own BGM eventually. If you have visited Alderin, it hints at romantic events. There will be some (more than one) between Juan and Sue at one point but I am wondering how much of skin exposure I should allow. In my head, there is no doubt that censored full nudity should be allowed. They are full adults after all.
    • 3 more story quests have been implemented. The game should now have well over 4 hours of content.
    • 2 new side quests added. One in Alca. The other in Loche.
    • The first dungeon, Lizardman cave, is now open in Alcella. But the dungeon itself is not completed.
    • Soldier sprites have been replaced with proper MV version.
    • In Alcella, cities of Valura and Alca are functional but not completed. There are 2 more cities also which are not functional at the moment.
    • Alca offers two specialized shops, a bookstore (INT items) and a sheep farm (Improved cloth armors). Don't interact with the sheeps unless you want a surprise.
    • Dolle (Town of lumber) now sells more specialized wooden weapons.
    • Finally, numerous bug fixes for a quest related to Decon.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
  7. Dinamic Creates

Dinamic Creates Project Stealth | Project Dungeon Trios Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Have you tried creating 48x48 3D Model sprites?

8. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

It is on the agenda. Since I have the models, it shouldn't be too hard.

Anyway, the game is on 0.0.9.

And official logo for it has been created.

s1.png

9. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The first post updated.

The version is now 0.1.4. I think it's getting close to getting out of Early project phase.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2016
  10. eadgear

eadgear Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    It does have lots of side quest but I wonder if there's a main quest. Can you accept all side quest or some of them have prerequisite? Or the side quests are just web-like route of the main quest?

11. sura_tc

sura_tc Loner Veteran

First Language:
    Korean
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

Story quests are used to measure passage of time. So, some side quests will have a certain story quest progression. After a side quest is triggered, it generally has its own plot. What's stopping you from going all the way is either lack of level to defeat object monster or having no idea how to proceed.