Bi-Weekly Battler, Corrupted Knight!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
While the Dark Magic Guardian stole your magic away, this evil turned knight has plenty of magic in reserve to freeze the blood in your veins and stop your heart!

Download the resources here! Download Now

Art post coming soon!

Our next set of thoroughly vetted candidates...

are not vetted at all, they are coming from you!  Post the Battler you would like to see in this thread, and a tribunal will decide which is the most worthy.  The more awesome the description, the better chances you have!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awesome battler as always.

Battler submission

Fading haze: a being seemingly made out of thick mists billowing over into a general yet distorted humanoid form. it's features are Indistinct and hazy; save for one glowing golden eye and a protrusion of bloody claws wrapped in mist, the only corporeal aspect of this beast born in nightmare.

This is the manifestation of a cursed soul who died while dreaming and went mad trapped in a limbo between life and death. It seeks out the souls of dreamers in the hopes of tearing them to shreds and replacing them with itself and returning to the world of life in the victims body to regain it's lost purpose.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The 'Puppet' Twins!

A little girl and little boy puppet, the equvilent of two 5 year olds, sitting on the ground, cut strings tangled around them on the floor, the little girl puppet should be holding a little teddy bear or doll and the little boy puppet a ball or train. With creepy smiles.

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe this is my favorite so far.

My suggestion will likely not be very popular, but I would like to see a swarm of something...a swarm of metal bees, a swarm of diseased rats, a swarm of spiderlings, a swarm of zombified birds, a swarm of scarabs, etc. Just a swarm of something, doesn't matter what.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Reminds me of The Lich King... :3

Hmmmmm... I wonder what a good next battler would be... How about a rendition of the Grim Reaper?

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This would actually be perfect for a dungeon I just designed

and a battler I would like to see, hmmmmmmm....

How about something from greek mythology?

Oh wait! Anubis! that would be cool

skywardsoul

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great work, as usual.

Here is my humble suggestion:

Mechanical Desperado

A ranger from the Western lands of Talba. After an assault that nearly killed him, he has been repaired with magitek armor in order to help him survive.

He carries dual machina-repeaters, and a grudge that won't vanish until he has delivered justice to the criminals of the land.

Just a bit of input, my inspiration was a bit of magitek cyborg and western hero. The 'machina-repeaters' is just some fancy wording for some fancy guns. As far as the cowboy bit, 'Wroggi X' armor from Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is what I picture, but do what you please.

BadMinotaur

You can do it!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As amazing as ever, Galefire =)

TBH, I think there's a huge lack of dragon representation; I mean, I'm not a resource connoisseur but I don't recall seeing a lot of dragons around. Maybe something like this for a wind dragon:

A dragon, turquoise in color, is hovering in the air on its massive, outstretched wings. The dragon's scales are not jagged but instead smooth, giving it a bit of a sheen. Its body is muscular but lean; the dragon appears to be exceptionally aerodynamic. Its arms are slender and end in wicked claws suited for grabbing and slicing prey alike. Its head is small but proportional, and instead of a muzzle the dragon is sporting a beak-like mouth. Its eyes glow with a subtle white light. It has two horns that jut out the back of its head, and point directly behind the head to reinforce the aerodynamic feel of the dragon. Its underbelly is lightly armored with thicker, slightly discolored scales, as if to protect itself during its (very frequent) fly-by attacks. The dragon looks like it is ready to attack its potential prey, claws and beak at the ready.

Luminous Warrior

Knight in Battle Scarred Armour
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This looks awesome. 'Nuff said.

@BadMinotaur. Dragons are WAAAAAAY overrated. They're in pretty much every fantasy game out there, for no reason except that they are expected to be in a fantasy game. Their main personality trait is that they are arrogant and everyone knows what a dragon's fighting style is. Also, if Galefire keeps making these, eventually he'll most likely make a dragon without us wasting such a golden opportunity. We should give the spot to something that isn't done often.

I personally was waiting for the rest of the seven deadly sins battlers because a game I'm making has them as the main villains. But, Galefire is most likely going to make them on his own. So I suggest a dullahan.

The dullahan is a creature from Irish mythology. Quoted from Wikipedia - "The dullahan is a headless rider, usually on a black horse who carries his or her own head under one arm. The head's eyes are small, black, and constantly dart about like flies, while the mouth is constantly in a hideous grin that touches both sides of the head. The flesh of the head is said to have the color and consistency of moldy cheese. The dullahan uses the spine of a human corpse for a whip, and their wagon is adorned with funereal objects (e.g. candles in skulls to light the way, the spokes of the wheels are made from thigh bones, the wagon's covering made from a worm-chewed pall or dried human skin). When the dullahan stops riding, that is where a person is due to die. The dullahan calls out their name, at which point they immediately perish."

Alternatively, I suggest the Deadly Sin of Lust. However, instead of the usual "sultry femme fatal" look, Lust is instead depicted as an old, scraggly man, the kind that looks like a rapist or pedo. Thus, Lust actually looks like he embodies the sin of lust instead of causes it.

BadMinotaur

You can do it!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
To counter, there's a reason dragons are in so many fantasy games: people like them. They're an instant, iconic way to introduce a powerful foe, and players are instantly familiar with what to expect when they face a dragon: a challenging enemy with magic and strength.

Dragons are so ludicrously popular that in Magic: the Gathering, every expansion has at *least* one dragon in it. The one time they cheated on this basic requirement (Dragon's Maze had a card that transformed other creatures to dragons) there was a huge player outcry.

So players like dragons. I want my players to have a good time. So I want some dragons =P

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well we are definitely between the Dragon and the Dullahan right now.

Tune in soon to see what comes in ahead!
Anubis! Anubis! Anubis!

I know it might not happen, that can't stop me from hoping though

Luminous Warrior

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@BadMinotaur. You kinda proved my point. If we leave Galefire alone long enough he's bound to make a dragon. But is he ever likely to make a dullahan again? I don't think so.

BadMinotaur

You can do it!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nah, I think Dullahan are popular enough that one would come up eventually. There's really only one kind of Dullahan though, and an endless variety of dragon types. So I say bring on the different dragons, so we can have variety in our dragon dens!

(however if Dullahan wins I would totes be fine with that too)

Luminous Warrior

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I had another idea for a monster. An ichtyocentaur. They're part man, part horse, part fish, and have lobster claws for horns. They look sort of like a mermaid-centaur.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I had another idea for a monster. An ichtyocentaur. They're part man, part horse, part fish, and have lobster claws for horns. They look sort of like a mermaid-centaur.
A mermaid hippocanth with claws for horns? Got to give you points for creativity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I need to remember that if i want to learn to map like a pro, I need to spend hours doing it like a noob again and again… also, a cool map sometimes has hours/even days of work behind. I need to remember that too.
Yo there how's it going rpg community.
It's raining non stop since yesterday. The sound of the rain is so soothing.
I really miss the old style disney animated movies. I guess the last one was The Princess and the Frog from 2009. Now I am trying to collect every single one I can get on BD or DVD.
What I've seen from the MZ tiles looks pretty inconsistent, bleh. Every plant seems to be drawn in a different style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostAcc