BIG FPS PROBLEM - FPS drop to steady 30

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi guys, I run into this annoying problem more and more often.

My game runs at 60fps, I have a good computer.

I realized, however, that if I go to pump up game with plugins, it happens more and more often than at the change of a scene, if there is a consistent drop in the fps (below 30), the game no longer re-raises the fps to 60, but remains at 30, making the game very jerky and laggy. The moment I open and close the menu (performing a simple scene change), the fps goes back to 60 again.

I've noticed that this often happens if, as I said, I pump the game with, for example, lights or other things.

Even WITHOUT SCRIPT, you can get the same problem, simply by going to quickly close and open the menu with esc, going to overload the game / fps. It's rarely and you must do it frequently and rapidly, but it happens. So it doesn't depend to other scripts... it's just like... the engine.

Some people said that rpg maker feels in a moment as if the machine is not powerful enough and automatically sets the fps to 30 ...

Do you find such a thing? Do you think it possible? There is a way to force the game to ALWAYS run the game at 60 and doesn't block fps at 30?

See this GIF: https://ibb.co/DLFYc0M

Thank you so much, guys.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!
Well, it can be a lot of things...

I've tried to replicate the issue, event with the resolution of 1920x1080 this didn't happen to me, at least using all my plugins.
Light plugins can be heavy, especially on MV that does not have the PIXI up to date.
So I guess it depends on what plugins you are using too. Maybe can be a memory leak of things that is constant loading when the map or menu scene starts and is not properly be cleaned up. But that's just a hint.
Can you send a screenshot of your plugin list? Do you are using the latest version of MV?

I had a similar problem with an old game of mine. But when I replaced the light plugin for images and used the Chaucer Stabilizer plugin, everything worked properly.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Hi there!
Well, it can be a lot of things...

I've tried to replicate the issue, event with the resolution of 1920x1080 this didn't happen to me, at least using all my plugins.
Light plugins can be heavy, especially on MV that does not have the PIXI up to date.
So I guess it depends on what plugins you are using too. Maybe can be a memory leak of things that is constant loading when the map or menu scene starts and is not properly be cleaned up. But that's just a hint.
Can you send a screenshot of your plugin list? Do you are using the latest version of MV?

I had a similar problem with an old game of mine. But when I replaced the light plugin for images and used the Chaucer Stabilizer plugin, everything worked properly.
It is useless to send my plugin list, because it often happens even with only YEP CORE ENGINE.

I assure you I've done a lot of testing. With and without plugins.

In that GIF, I only had Yanfly's Core Engine, Yanfly's Save Core and the Community Light Plugin active.

Even without the Community Light Plugin active, the same problem occurs.

Try to use only Yanfly's Core Engine and Save Core and keep doing as I did in the script.
It is impossible that it happens only to me ...

I have rpg maker MV at 1.6.2, (unfortunately) the latest version :(

Resurrection Games

Veteran Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What's your PC's specs?

I use MV with lighting plugins, and like... 20 others, I get a steady 60 FPS, even in 4k resolution in game settings.

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@Eliaquim

I am a little confused.

With the many tests done, I had noticed that even with only yanfly core and save core, the problem came out.
More difficult, but it happened.
Now i retried some test. And it only does it to me if I apply the lights script, with more than two lights in total on the map. Really, i've spent 2 hours of testing last day.
The only thing I did this evening was reset the NWJS folder under appdata / local.
I have not done anything else ... and before it gave the same problem even with only the two scripts mentioned above.

Please run this test:

- Make a new project
- Insert Yanfly Core, Save Core and Community Lighting Plugin
- Create a crystal that opens the save menu and place four torches on the four sides of the map.
- Start the game and repeatedly try to close and open the save menu.
- As soon as you see that the fps does not come back up by itself, stop and see that it will remain at fixed 30, or maybe around 40-45, it depends...
- The moment you reopen the menu, they go back to 60.

test.png

It certainly happens to you if you do that. The thing is, okay, you force it this way, but sometimes this problem only pops up after a one change scene, or one of this open/close. And it makes me angry.

The game runs EVER at 60fps for me. It's blocking on 30 only doing change scene.

@Resurrection Games

I have a machine with 16gb ram, win10, cpu i5-2500k and gpu NVIDIA GTX950.

Last edited:

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Guys, amazing story to tell:

Upgrading NWJS to the newest version, resolved this damn problem!!!

Incredible T_T So happy! i've done other tests and they no longer crash when overloading scenes.

Upgrades are a godsend!

A shame that Rpg maker mv is no longer supported in this aspect (for example PIXI ...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Based on this screenshot alone, which one would you sell, and which to equip?
Some random sketch-letons.

I have a strong urge to make a tutorial video of all the random things I've learned since starting on my game. little helpful tips and stuff that may help people.
Do you guys think it's better to have all members in your team from the beginning (then you can pick who battles) or you gain team members as the story goes?
PL: Patch polonizujący do RPG Makera 2003 prawie gotowy! Mamy przetłumaczoną bazę danych (projekt), polskie fonty, wiadomości walki i jakieś 90% edytora.
Do przetłumacznia pozostało te 10% edytora i plik pomocy. Niedługo więcej informacji!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerilate