Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So a couple of movie producers decided to make an E.T rip-off but said, "Let's make the aliens 1,000 times stupider and uglier looking. Also, let's have a scene where the little alien goes after the kid he has been terrorizing for the last couple of days with power tools. Making a hole through a wall like Jack Nicholson in The Shining.
There is the infamous wheelchair scene where the kid goes careening down a hill and off a cliff going about Mach 5 into a lake. Yeah, you are not calling an ambulance. You are calling a morgue at the speed he hit that water. The alien pushes him and his wheelchair to the surface (Somehow with nothing to stand on) then out of the lake completely despite having the body of Starvin Marvin from South Park. The alien doesn't have super strength or telekinetic powers. So how he does any of this is beyond me. He does have the homewrecking skills of a bull in a China shop though.
Further on in the movie, they end up at a 13 year-old-girls b-party at a McDonald's. Where for some reason there about 50 18-year-old teenage boys breaking dancing outside. Because I guess there is crap all else to do in the town. Meanwhile, Ronald McDonald himself makes a guest appearance. He makes a couple of balloon animals for a few kids then vanishes afterward. Which is too bad because I wanted to see one of the government agents chasing after the world's most hideous sea monkey say, "Out of the way you fricking clown!"
Now, the most ridiculous part of the movie was the ending where the alien family becomes U.S citizens. I kid you not. In reality, they end up in some top government facility being experimented on or on an autopsy table like a frog in a science class.

Darth Equus

I *HATE* Parallax Mapping.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I thought it was cute when I first saw it, because all the product placement flew over my head at that age. Yes, it was a poor man's ET, but it was still cute.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just looked this up on Rotten Tomatoes. It received 38%. I only watched it on MST3K. It was the only thing that made it bearable. I agree with 'The Zeros' on Rotten Tomatoes. This should have been a horror movie. I know this thing would have given me nightmares as a kid. He also drew the line that Mac a.k.a Mysterious Alien Creature was instead meant for Big Mac too. Mysterious? No. Horrifically grotesque? Yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Currency ---

Hero: This city cannot accept Gold to buy the items.
Merchant: You can exchange Gold into TC,depending the rate of TC this time.
Hero: Really? Then,i want to exchange 999999999G.
Merchant: Let's see……Wait a second,are you Cheating again?
Hero: Hell No!!! I earn it with myself!!!
There's always a time when you're super excited to create something but you already have no energy left. :I
I think of all the effects in my game, the light passing through fog has got to be my favorite....

...Also I spent all day trying to figure out how I had suddenly messed it up and made it start dropping frames like crazy. So I had all day to look at it... mocking me... with it's previous 60fps reduced to 30fps... At least it's fixed now.
Dalph wrote on slimmmeiske2's profile.
Slimmm, we should team one day and make "Reid in Wonderland" or "Aluxes in boots".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weaversenpai