Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!

I've spent two days trying to figure out what is wrong when I can't get my actors bigger in side view mode.
Using Yanfly battle plugin and the core and some other scripts.
When I resize my graphics of my sv actors they still remain the same size in battle as if I've not enlarged them.
I need them to become larger since I use 1920*1080 resolution.

When I go inside the troops section and make a battle test the sv actors appears big as I want but not in game battles.
Please someone help me!
What am I doing wrong?Untitled-1.png

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shapeshifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@SkottGaming You can upscale them with image editing, as long as they keep the same proportions as the MV layout is made.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1920 x 1080 is unnecessarily high. Since the assets were never really created for such a high resolution, you're going to have to either upscale everything or consider scaling your resolution down a bit. Note that MV's game window resizes nicely, so just because 1920 x 1080 might be your target screen resolution, that doesn't mean the game itself needs to use that same resolution.

Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Eben if I double the size pr triple the size using photoshop nothing happens in game.
And even if I use the standard resolution I still want my SV battlers to be twice as big.
I take Width x 2 and Height x 2. File and grid looks fine but in game testing nothing new shows.. any suggestions?

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Neighborhood Shapeshifter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Eben if I double the size pr triple the size using photoshop nothing happens in game.
And even if I use the standard resolution I still want my SV battlers to be twice as big.
I take Width x 2 and Height x 2. File and grid looks fine but in game testing nothing new shows.. any suggestions?
Are you starting your play test from a save file? If so, you may have to test it on a new save file.

Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you starting your play test from a save file? If so, you may have to test it on a new save file.

I've tried both and nothing still. I'll try it tonight again if I get the time.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SkottGaming
Please open your project directory and check if it contains a folder "WWW".

If that is there then your playtests have been redirected due to you having deployed your game into your project directory - that is something you should never do. If you deploy your project, you need to select an empty folder as the target folder.

How to repair your project:
1) delete the folder www from your project directory (it must only be in deployed versions)
2) create a new project (temporarily, you can delete it again after the last step here)
3) copy the file package.json from the new project directory.
4) paste the file into your project directory, overwriting the false version currently being there
5) finish, if that was the cause your playtests should now use the correct data instead of the deployed data again.

Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190314-184402_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190314-184402_OneDrive.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 4

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

7DcJlIG.png

Made a lot of progress on the tileset for the more sumptuous interior areas for the priory
I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements... Edit: Forgot to add the image Gimpwork.JPG
Hello, my nickname is Rigomor, but I am also known as Mopsikus. I work on RPG Maker games, and are currently working on a game called Peony of War.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elijah526