Bind picture to event coordinates using variables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
In my game, I have an image bound to an event's x,y coordinates using variables (image x = event map x, ship y = event map y), but the image still moves with the camera rather than staying in place. How do I fix this?

@Burgerland 'Games in Development' is not the place to ask how to do things. Please edit out your two questions and make two new threads in MV Support, one for each question.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pictures are bound to the screen, not to an event.

If it moves with the screen, then you are not updating the variables on each frame, nor not moving the picture to the new coordinates on each frame.

However, why are you using pictures anyway? Why not just use an event sprite, which is, by default, bound to an event?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Pictures are bound to the screen, not to an event.

If it moves with the screen, then you are not updating the variables on each frame, nor not moving the picture to the new coordinates on each frame.

However, why are you using pictures anyway? Why not just use an event sprite, which is, by default, bound to an event?
Would I use a parallel process to update the variables on each frames, or does it require something else? I've tried by putting the variables in a parallel process on the map, but the picture still moves. I think the pic is too big for a sprite, as it's the size of the screen. Unless I could make a sprite sheet that's bigger than normal?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes you can. Sprites can be any size. Just make a spritesheet that is 3 times the width of the screen, and 4 times the height, and put a $ at the start of the file name.

What you might need to be careful of is that MV does not update events that are a certain distance away from the screen or the player, so it might not be visible at just the right time. If that happens you might need to look for a plugin that allows you to specify which events should be updated outside of the default settings. Or, if the event has no commands, try setting the trigger to parallel process and see if that makes it update even when away from the screen/player.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes you can. Sprites can be any size. Just make a spritesheet that is 3 times the width of the screen, and 4 times the height, and put a $ at the start of the file name.

What you might need to be careful of is that MV does not update events that are a certain distance away from the screen or the player, so it might not be visible at just the right time. If that happens you might need to look for a plugin that allows you to specify which events should be updated outside of the default settings. Or, if the event has no commands, try setting the trigger to parallel process and see if that makes it update even when away from the screen/player.
Thank you! Visibility isn't a problem, but I'll keep that mind too.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The universe does not want me to do another letsplay it seems... I keep bumping into problem after problem... Oh well. Still have several days to sort them out.
I now have something new to learn. Lesson suggestions?
Finally with a new PC! Now I can do nice things both coding and gaming
nvidia release the IA paint to lsd landscape simulator
i just try , it very fun
"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
negajo