Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Using MZ. I have a clock face as part of the tileset. I want to set a random time by using two Show Picture commands for the hour and minute hands and rotate those hands to that random time. This works well enough as long as the player stands in place. Obviously, I want the hands to be bound to the clock face and not follow the player around the screen. I've seen a few plugins for MV, most notably Bind Pictures to Map.js, but I don't see a ported version for MZ. I looked at the Visustella plugins. I read a resource spotlight for VisuStella which said "The Core Engine is where numerous minor tweaks and new quality of life adjustments to MZ reside. It includes bug fixes such as allowing party members who are set to auto-battle to use their skills as well as new features to let you bind pictures to a map’s scrolling instead of being bound to the screen." But, for the life of me, I can't find any such plug-in command. Can someone recommend a plugin that does this? Thank you.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I found this excerpt on the wiki page of the Core Engine:
"If a Parallax has a ! at the start of its filename, it is bound to the map scrolling. The same thing now happens with pictures. If a Picture has a ! at the start of its filename, it is bound to the map's scrolling as well. "

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I found this excerpt on the wiki page of the Core Engine:
"If a Parallax has a ! at the start of its filename, it is bound to the map scrolling. The same thing now happens with pictures. If a Picture has a ! at the start of its filename, it is bound to the map's scrolling as well. "
You. are. AWESOME! I thought I had hunted all over the wiki looking for some kind of directions. Works perfectly. Thank you so much.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Create MiniMaps, Sprites for MV Enemies, & Aethereal Plane Battlebacks | RPG Maker News #74

Vtubers Vs MOTHER.png

This might be my next project. You like it?
I'm off to search the master script list for my skill issue. HOORAY! FUN!
Fun fact: Digimon is an isekai :kaoswt2:
The problem with being a perfectionist is that you are never done with something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nekonix