Bind Pictures To Map

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Howdy, panda high five @Random Panda :kaohi:

I used to use Galv's "Layers Graphic" plugin but recently switched to OcRam's. It's working better for me and is currently supported (unfortunately Galv's isn't).

Here's a link.

If you don't need something super complex I'd recommend just using a normal parallax background with a "!" in the name for the ground layer and the official "foregrounds.js" plugin that's made by Kadokawa (should be available in your DLC folder) for an overlay. If it's enough and works, simple is best.

Oseo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there.

So, I have a bit of a hiccup thanks to this plugin... almost literally.

I started a project not long ago and as a first option I tried to use BindPic. But, of course, I noticed the performance issue right away, so I changed to Orange. But the thing is... Now, with BindPic OFF on my plugin list (or even deleted from it) I get "flickerin" when I use the "Show Picture" command. As an example. I use a bust for one character that consist in 4 different picture layers... an everytime I change one of the layers (for facial expression) I get a flicker (picture shows, disapears and shows again) in a matter of a second, but it is very annoying.
(This gets aggrevated if I try to use a parallel event for animations)

The thing is, I dont get the flicker when BindPic is ON, even if I'm not using it at all... (I'm not binding any picture to map and I have no plugin commands writen on any event)

So my question is, does this plugin creates secondary files like registries that may be messing with my project even if the plugin is disabled?
If so, how do I completly remove it?.

Thanks for the help and sorry to post if this thread is dead,

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you for the plugin! When I go to the documentation page, Firefox gives me this message:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to mvplugins.tordamian.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

Your computer clock is set to 11/14/2019. Make sure your computer is set to the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then refresh mvplugins.tordamian.com.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the website is likely misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

Learn more…

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Oseo, as far as I know that rule is not necessarily enforced when it comes to plugin issues. And considering these situations can occur for basically any reason whatsoever, any quick dismissal of the post would be rather pointless anyway.

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I concur with the top comment on this page.
TDDP Bind Pictures To Map will crash your game often, has a memory leak and use up to 5x more time pc resources than any other parallax plugin. Use it with caution. Galv's "Layers Graphic" is not supported, so I guess it's best to use "OcRam's" atm.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I checked what OcRam has and unfortunately it's the same situation as Yanfly - had to change from support payments to outright purchase (although in this case there was a logistical and legal spin as well) but at least it's available as a trial license for non-commercial use where everyone else has basically said "screw this" because of the blatant theft of late.

As for Galv's variance on this, it doesn't look like it fits my design. And considering I couldn't get this one to work either I'm liable to report to mods as deprecated/incompatible relative to current versions of MV and call it a day.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I checked what OcRam has and unfortunately it's the same situation as Yanfly - had to change from support payments to outright purchase (although in this case there was a logistical and legal spin as well) but at least it's available as a trial license for non-commercial use where everyone else has basically said "screw this" because of the blatant theft of late.

As for Galv's variance on this, it doesn't look like it fits my design. And considering I couldn't get this one to work either I'm liable to report to mods as deprecated/incompatible relative to current versions of MV and call it a day.
What theft? What happened?

Also, is there really no way to bind pictures to event coordinates (so pictures don't follow the camera) without plugins? Google is failing me even when I search parallax mapping.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What theft? What happened?
Here's a link to a description of why everything has been walled off on Yanfly's pages, but the short, TL/DR version is summed up with three simple words: FIVERR, foundat.io and fraud. (Not 100% of the spelling of the first site's name, so correct me if I'm off the mark with that).

Last edited:

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Here's a link to a description of why everything has been walled off on Yanfly's pages, but the short, TL/DR version is summed up with three simple words: FIVERR, foundat.io and fraud. (Not 100% of the spelling of the first site's name, so correct me if I'm off the mark with that).
Thank you!

Edit: Ah, so bootleg plugins. I hope the victims get reimbursted. Sorry to see some of them leave, too. Maybe RPGM could help plugin makers make money by letting them release plugins as DLC, like they do with audio and sprites?

Last edited:

Drunken Paladin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I'm using this plugin in 1.5.2 still, and for the most part, it works as intended. If it does cause memory leaks, I apparently have enough memory that it doesn't really effect my framerate over the course of a normal play session.

But rarely, and seemingly without reason (I can't reproduce it), it throws up the Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'setDimensions' of null.

It only ever happens when I call an image from a common event, which doesn't actually bind the picture to the map. I use something like image #60 in common events to make sure it doesn't overlap with on-map events.

I understand the plugin isn't supported anymore and that it could just be an incompatibility with RMMV updates, but what with my whole project relying so heavily on it and none of the alternatives being compatible with my existing plugins, I was really hoping someone had an idea for a workaround. Or maybe just advice for how to use it correctly so that this doesn't keep happening.

Thanks in advance!

Mieze

Maker Freak
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
documentation page is not safe ...

I do not come to this page as it is shown to me as an unsafe page.

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I'm using this plugin in 1.5.2 still, and for the most part, it works as intended. If it does cause memory leaks, I apparently have enough memory that it doesn't really effect my framerate over the course of a normal play session.

But rarely, and seemingly without reason (I can't reproduce it), it throws up the Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'setDimensions' of null.

It only ever happens when I call an image from a common event, which doesn't actually bind the picture to the map. I use something like image #60 in common events to make sure it doesn't overlap with on-map events.

I understand the plugin isn't supported anymore and that it could just be an incompatibility with RMMV updates, but what with my whole project relying so heavily on it and none of the alternatives being compatible with my existing plugins, I was really hoping someone had an idea for a workaround. Or maybe just advice for how to use it correctly so that this doesn't keep happening.

Thanks in advance!
Try playing a new game. Sometimes this error appears when you add a new plugin (or remove?), but old save shouldn't work if that happens. I think I had a similar error while transferring between maps and the culprit was TDDP bind picture. There was a limit on how many times I can transfer even if it's the same two maps. Not 100% sure, but this can be caused by my mentioned memory leak since the plugin creates DATA and never removes it even if it's not used anymore (for me it was +250-800MB of ram every transfer). And numerous other topics with such error related to this plugin confirms the possibility. For me I think it was like ~10 transfers and the game would crash like this, but my maps were quite complex. Others had other issues, you can find the topics by searching "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'setDimensions' of null TDDP bind".
TDDP bind picture is buggy and not supported anymore. There's not much to help. You could try to commission someone to update and fix it, but I guess that'll take a lot of time and resources to understand&rewrite whole code and check for compatibility problems with other plugins.

Last edited:

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't read the documentation or the terms of use because the webpage it's hosted on is non-secure.
I believe I tried it myself in the past, but if I recall correctly if I even accept the risk (by going to Advanced and choosing to proceed anyway) I still don't have an answer because the system goes from security error to message 404 (in layman's terms, that means that the information for the plugin doesn't exist anymore).

Without any further information because of that (and I am not even going to check the Wayback just for one thing) I decided to move over to Galv's version because I at least have an idea of what the terms are for that.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not sure if this is allowed...
Terms of use
While at the time of writing the majority of my plugins are free for both non-commercial and commercial use, some of them have commercial license requirements.
I understand that it would be easier if all my plugins were completely free but the reality is that making and supporting plugins over time is a very time-consuming job. Some plugins are more complex and require far more support than others, and this is why I’ve decided to charge commercial fees for some of them.
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Print / Save PDF of this page[/TD]

[TD]Print Friendly[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Table of Contents [hide]
Terms of use changes
This page is at any time the applicable and current terms of use for all plugins released by me. I may change these terms at any time without prior notice. The terms for your use of my plugins will be the current terms on this page at time of download. I keep a full revision history of any and all changes to these terms. You can make a copy for your own reference by clicking the “Print” button above.
General terms for all plugins
All plugins are provided as-is at time of download. I take no responsibility for any potential damages caused to your project as a result of using my plugins.
Please don’t repost my plugin files on other websites or hosting services; instead link to the plugin pages on this site. Thank you.
Terms for free plugins
The following terms are applicable to all my plugins that are marked free for commercial use: Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Giving appropriate credit
You should credit “Tor Damian Design” for all the plugins you use, both commercially and non-commercially. How you display the credit is up to you, but make it so the player doesn’t have to search for it. Putting the credits in your game’s credits is perfectly fine.
Terms for plugins that require a commercial license
When my plugins have a commercial usage clause, the following are the terms associated with using them for
non-commercial purposes: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
For the commercial terms of use please read on.
Obtain a commercial license
To use my plugins that require a license for use in your commercial project, you must obtain said license from me before you start selling your game.
To acquire a commercial license for one or more of my plugins you can contact me using e-mail. Please list the plugins you want to buy a license for and the name of the project to tie them to. At the time of writing I only accept payment via PayPal: I will send you an invoice and once it’s been paid I’ll register your project and associated plugins in my software to keep track of your licenses. I’ll also send you a confirmation e-mail to confirm that this has been done.
Per-project license
To make it easier on you, all licenses are per-project. This means that the cost is the same regardless of how big your team is, which makes it easier on everyone as the cost won’t change if the team changes.
Quantity discounts
If you use many of my plugins that require commercial licenses for your project, I may be able to give you a discount. Please contact me to discuss this.
Project changes
When you purchase a license for commercial use of one of my plugins you are granted the right to use it commercially in one specified project only. If your project is cancelled and you want to transfer the license to a new one, please contact me. Unless there’s some unusual circumstances on your part I won’t charge you anything for this change. Likewise if your project’s name changes between obtaining a license and release, please contact me so I can update my records for your benefit.
Use restrictions
You may freely modify the plugin within the confines of the project. You may not resell the plugin as-is, nor use it as part of your own plugins that you resell or give away for free.
Price changes
All prices are stated on the individual plugin pages on this website. While they may change over time, the price you bought the license(s) for stays fixed for that project, so I won’t ask for more if the price goes up nor can you ask for the difference back if it were to be lowered at some later point in time.
Contact
For license inquiries and questions related to commercial use of my plugins, please see the contact page.
Looking through all the pages from internet archive. All plugins are free.

Last edited:

ZimMabu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please i need healp that plugin do not fix the map look at my post

PLEASE I GO CRAZY!!!!!!!!

ZimMabu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please i need healp that plugin do not fix the map look at my post

PLEASE I GO CRAZY!!!!!!!!
or check the video

the map is not fix its move with the character why????!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When did anything under your mid-twenties become the new 10 years old? At least try to act like your old enough to sign a lease.
Having someone tell me that "Right clicking to save an image is soooo creepy" has got to be the weirdest thing I've heard this week.
Finally figured out how to make a signature with a pic that leads to a link, it's so cool! Click the image to check out my demo! :kaopride:
When you are very focus making a game on a Monday morning and doing your very best to make it perfect for your players. Than smile to take a break and realize it is Friday... o_o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AegeanCaos